1. 1. Should hwbot add 3DMark Vantage?

• yes, add 'performance' with points
    • yes, add 'performance' without points
    • yes, add 'high' with points
    • yes, add 'high' without points
    • yes, add 'extreme' with points
    • yes, add 'extreme' without points
    • no, don't add 3Dmark vantage

rich get richer right? because those who bench low-er end hardware and don't buy the benchmark, can't climb in the ranking, because they can't get boints for it.

Same story for 3DMark06 when it was released, same story for 3DMark05 when it was released ...

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same story for 3DMark06 when it was released, same story for 3DMark05 when it was released ...
we're not talking about hardware requirements here , it just the question of whether or not should the community accept the principal of "non-free" benchmark...

Nope, purely for the cheek of only allowing a single run on the free version.

If they think i'm going to buy Vista, then pay for a benching utility, just for early e-peen, they should think again.

If we refuse to buy they'll make a proper trial/free version, team effort lads.

we're not talking about hardware requirements here , it just the question of whether or not should the community accept the principal of "non-free" benchmark...

I was commenting on JMke's argument.

Yours is more than correct, in my opinion.

oh really? weird. I always thought you could run 3Dmark05/06 endlessly with the free version :rolleyes:

That's not my point. You say it's not fair because people with low-end hardware cannot run this benchmark and thus cannot get points. THAT issue was the same for 3DMark06 when it was released.

I don't believe this is the example to use for a change in direction. I understand your concern but don't think Vista is going to gain any ground, at least not yet. Wait untill the general public and overclockers get behind the OS and DirectX 10.

Add all 3 with points. If you dont have $20 dont run it. Its pretty obvious that all the top contenders in hwbot have alot more $ for hardware benching than the average so they will all be willing to pay the $20. Plus if you are a 06 owner its just $15.

Btw I commend you for asking we want before making the change.

I voted add the peformance with points.

A middle ranged card costa 10 times a 3dmark vantage advanced (that I have just bought :D). It's a very little expense compared to the hw we use every day for the chart. Every competition have to afford expenses.

Performance cause not everyone have great monitors to run the bench at extreme resolution or similar.

But I think we could make a chart for every single preset of 3dmark vantage. Everyone could challange with it despise of monitor.

Bye

I am a bit disappointed by this since Vista is almost dead with the confirmation of Windows 7... while XP is still going strong and may be extended further than the June 2008 cut off date.

I agree there should be a DX10 supported benchmark, but it should still support DX9.

I am against a benchmark only allowing a single run... making it useless for testing. So would you have to uninstall it and install it clean again each time you want to run it.... RIDICULOUS.

Lastly, if Windows XP using DX10 (using the latest DirectX 10 RC2) can use this benchmark, then I would add it.

3DM Vantage is a pile of stinky stuff and has no place on my system. I refuse to line peoples pockets for the 'priviledge' of running their piece of hastily thrown together nonsense which shows precisely nothing useful whatsoever.

All my current games run fine and smoothly. This benchmark runs like a dog and looks worse than the games I play....so why would I want to pay money to run it again??

Once was more than enough ;)

I voted for performance with points.

I fully understand your point, but you have to buy a graphics card and the rest of the PC too in order to run any benchmark. With Vantage you have to spend what? 7 usd? That is nothing compared to what even the cheapest system costs. And Vista is as expensive as XP...

Can just agree on that. 7$ is nothing for a benchmarker who e.g. owns a QX9650 =)

I voted for "Performance with points"

Greetings, der8auer

I say add the performance, but leave off the points.

Making it Vista only is my only beef. I am trying my best not to own a copy of that POS operating sys. Which then lowers my rank overall rank since I will never run the benchmark. I'd like see what others got though, since this place is about competing and comparing results.