1. 1. Should hwbot add 3DMark Vantage?

• yes, add 'performance' with points
    • yes, add 'performance' without points
    • yes, add 'high' with points
    • yes, add 'high' without points
    • yes, add 'extreme' with points
    • yes, add 'extreme' without points
    • no, don't add 3Dmark vantage

Voting results are outdated, those are the results when Vantage was released. FM changed opinions/policies since, so voters might change their opinion as well.

But, recent FM problems don't make me to keen on adding Vantage straight away ... although, it might be time to really consider adding the benchmark.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reason for not adding Vantage is obvious at this point. If more than half of the voters don't like it; we much rather sit this one out, then to creating trouble. Things can only get better from this point on:)
That vote was right after the bench was released and also closed very quickly. Lot of posts since that.

Voting results are outdated, those are the results when Vantage was released. FM changed opinions/policies since, so voters might change their opinion as well.

But, recent FM problems don't make me to keen on adding Vantage straight away ... although, it might be time to really consider adding the benchmark.

Why not put it up for another vote?

no its not.. :-/ .., thing is that we can go on benching oldies to the wheels come off.., but honestly.., hw is getting so sofisticated that its hard to tell whats good and whats not with the "oldies".., Vantage atleast respond to new hw in a totaly different way.., its fun to do a new benchmark and to rock it together with the rest of the comunity.., guess I´m just a lil bored.., :-)))

We need a new fresh poll. We should do it in this month.

All yes votes are 60% of total in the old one, so "yes" votes are winning in that old poll too.

Those who are still thinking that it is only Nvidia GPU test, will be shocked in two weeks from now. The new king will arrive from the read team. At the moment I can't see any reason for not adding it. Too bad, that I have only one vote like all the others have :)

We should listen to community. That poll was done just after launch of the program.

A lot of things have changed after that and we should listen what our users say. Crew members personal opinions should not affect to this, like we all very well know.

We should listen to community. That poll was done just after launch of the program.

A lot of things have changed after that and we should listen what our users say. Crew members personal opinions should not affect to this, like we all very well know.

That's why I said:

Not a bad idea, actually. We have to wait untill RB is back from his vacation, though, as he is the owner of HWBot :).

:D.

the poll was left open after that though ;)
I'm afraid it was not. I came here to vote maybe 1 hour after that because I saw an announcement about the vote on another forum, it was closed. Just look at post #151, made also on April 29
Well I see I'm to late to actually vote.
Don't you guys have logs? :P What reason for people to bench it without points? You say there's no support for vantage from oc'ers well add points and see how many submissions you get then :D That bench would take off on hwbot like no tomorrow. I bet in 4 days there would be more submissions than in the entire 4 months past since it's release. :celebration:

so it would be a good idea to have your team taking part in this benchmark

as when it does get points the team rankings will change over night

and any team not taking this bench seriously will drop like a stone

so it would be a good idea to have your team taking part in this benchmark

as when it does get points the team rankings will change over night

and any team not taking this bench seriously will drop like a stone

Exactly ;)

though it was agreed that it wont be or you changing the goal line again?

One of the requirements a benchmark has to comply with in order to be available in the hwbot suite, is being free of cost,
Edited by ncc-1709

though it was agreed that it wont be or you changing the goal line again?

I think it would be fair to change the "a benchmark has to be free in order to be applicable for hwboints" into "a benchmark has to be free or has to be backed up by a community poll".

I personally do not mind enabling hwboints if the majority of the community wants it.

I still think we made the right decision when vantage was released. We can't just add any non-free benchapp. If it turned out to be crap, we would force people to buy a bad benchapp in order to be high on the hwboints list.