HWBOT Community Forums

OLD SCHOOL IS BEST SCHOOL SEASON 2 ROUND 4 DISCUSSION

RomanLV

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crew

Socket M and P may have the same amount of pins but they are electrically incompatible. Even more, Socket P features Core 2 CPUs which can not be really considered oldschool.

The point of this stage is to grab yourself some CT479 adapter and beat Hipro5 old records. :D Even if you dont have such an adapter you still can participate with a stock s478 system.

Socket M and P may have the same amount of pins but they are electrically incompatible. Even more, Socket P features Core 2 CPUs which can not be really considered oldschool.

The point of this stage is to grab yourself some CT479 adapter and beat Hipro5 old records. :D Even if you dont have such an adapter you still can participate with a stock s478 system.

ie this round of the competition adapters, not processors ;)

Who has adapter - he is winner

fine! )

Socket M and P may have the same amount of pins but they are electrically incompatible.

Socket 479 another? :eek:

and beat Hipro5 old records.

I thought, for to beat need a 775 QX processor, but it turns the adapter.

Well I think the round was designed to use the CT-479. But even if you dont have such a tool you can still participate. I really dont know whats so bad about that.

The bad as least thing is that the are placed in unequal conditions those who have an adapter and those who have not.

Why forbidden was use the SlotA - socketA. 423-478. Furthermore those processors that have identical cores. And here - absolutely different processors combined. And this it turns out ... weird :-/

• Crew

It isnt weird this is simply a Pentium M stage. You dont need that adapter, you can also buy a Socket M board with 855GM.

Also if you have adapters to use Slot A in a Socket 462 board or Socket 423 in Socket 478 boards you really had the chance to use them, they were always allowed. I just doubt that those adapters exists.

Anyway, there are probably every week CT-479 adapters on ebay worldwide you can just grab one.

The bad as least thing is that the are placed in unequal conditions those who have an adapter and those who have not.

Why forbidden was use the SlotA - socketA. 423-478. Furthermore those processors that have identical cores. And here - absolutely different processors combined. And this it turns out ... weird :-/

Here you go :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Raritat-ASUS-CT-479-Adapter-Sockel-478-auf-479-CPU-Updgrade-Kit-NEU-OVP-/172116731779?hash=item2812f4e783:g:Z9YAAOSwezVW0X81

Pentium M + AGP? :)

It is not Old School - it is exclusive school

IMHO round is not thought over

PS or I am mistaken and all vice versa - very good is thought over ;)

As the designer of all the stages this competitions is a combination of what I wanted to bench and what other wanted to bench aswell as things that havent been benched much in competitions before.

And tbh I dont really understand the problem here, a 479 adapters where common at that time and if you dont have one they costs like $15 with pretty decent availability, compare that to the slot A stage where and the chanse to get hold of a Slot A thunderbird for example!

Who is going to try LGA775 board with LGA775to478 adapter with s478tos479 adapter with s479 CPU? :D

#Adaptception #479on775

Don't forget pci-e -> AGP adapter. :D

Anyway, round 4 will be interesting. My Pentium M 770 + CT479 are waiting. :)

As the designer of all the stages this competitions is a combination of what I wanted to bench and what other wanted to bench aswell as things that havent been benched much in competitions before.

And tbh I dont really understand the problem here, a 479 adapters where common at that time and if you dont have one they costs like $15 with pretty decent availability, compare that to the slot A stage where and the chanse to get hold of a Slot A thunderbird for example!

The point is not that a problem to find. The fact that ruined a good picture of the season.

All stages - benching processor and graphics card. And here suddenly - benching adapter:eek:.

Well, ok, since all are not against, then I'm wrong.

And here suddenly - benching adapter:eek:.

You still can participate without it. As for me - benching 479 is a old good thing. Using 479 CPUs was quite popular those days. More popular than Slot A :) There are over 1k submissions with Pentium M 740 for example.

The point is not that a problem to find. The fact that ruined a good picture of the season.

All stages - benching processor and graphics card. And here suddenly - benching adapter:eek:.

Well, ok, since all are not against, then I'm wrong.

To be honest , i kind of agree with you.

(i dont agree with the "ruined" word).

It would have been more proper ? (i dont know if this is the correct word)

To have a clear stage for the socket 478 cpu's.

... and have an other stage for the 479's

Mixing those two to compete against ... is a no go.

:)