HWBOT Community Forums

[PRISE CHECK] 4790k golden chip

neugep

• Crew

Issue is this is CPU is redundant mate here for benching... only good from some 2D hardware points. For 3D Skylake has taken over big time...

I think you are better of selling it at a forum like hardwareluxx where people still look for an awesome 24/7 CPU

Edited by Leeghoofd

Here it doesn't hold a ton of value, I just sold my best 4790k with a killer uncore and 3000+ imc for $325.00 just this week.

Results done with H110 next to open window, water temp min was 16C

5000/5000 at 1.265v Core and 1.27v Cache w VCCIN 1.55v

uX6HjWZ.png

Edited by GtiJason
  • Thanks 1

I would never, never sell my cpu for 325$....and prime Custom is not Superpi;)....

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Never said it was, overall Im sure your chip is better than mine but keep in mind that without proven results of near 1/1 core/uncore and a strong imc the cpu will not be desirable to many guys here. It's the same with memory, sure it's great a PSC PI kit can do 2666c6 at 1.95v cold but if it can't keep scaling with voltage I would place greater value on a kit that needs 2.2v for the same 2666c6 if it also does 2800c6 at 2.35v.

You certainly have a Top cpu there, I'm just saying if you you want top dollar it's a tough sell here unless you can prove it's not a one trick pony. If your cpu can run something like Geekbench3 at 5000/5000 with psc 2700+ c8 or Samsung D 2933+ c9 with both cache and core volts under 1.3v it is far more desirable. If you had cold results showing -135C CB and running something like 6300/6000 with mems at 2900c6 people would be throwing money at you. Still you have a top 5% chip, Good Luck with Sale

Never said it was, overall Im sure your chip is better than mine but keep in mind that without proven results of near 1/1 core/uncore and a strong imc the cpu will not be desirable to many guys here. It's the same with memory, sure it's great a PSC PI kit can do 2666c6 at 1.95v cold but if it can't keep scaling with voltage I would place greater value on a kit that needs 2.2v for the same 2666c6 if it also does 2800c6 at 2.35v.

You certainly have a Top cpu there, I'm just saying if you you want top dollar it's a tough sell here unless you can prove it's not a one trick pony. If your cpu can run something like Geekbench3 at 5000/5000 with psc 2700+ c8 or Samsung D 2933+ c9 with both cache and core volts under 1.3v it is far more desirable. If you had cold results showing -135C CB and running something like 6300/6000 with mems at 2900c6 people would be throwing money at you. Still you have a top 5% chip, Good Luck with Sale

Forgot to say your CPU is not delided