HWBOT Community Forums

[UNOFFICIAL] World Series at Computex

Massman

Good question. There is security over night, but I will check what they recommend.

Monitors are confirmed as well.

Guys, if you're joining the event, book your ticket as soon as possible. We're arranging the monitors on a "need" basis ... If you book on the Monday, it's going to be difficult :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another small update!

The qualifiers will not be limited in frequency. Since the platform is new for everyone (*wink*) and the hardware is provided, it'll be a full-out-full-on qualifier.

So, for all the critics out there: qualifier is "full-out", with "cash prize" and "provided hardware" ;)

oh dont worry, he who has best cpu will still win.

unless hwbot is going to pre-bin all chips and ensure they're about the same clock.

Which I presume is not going to happen.

edit.

well, shit. look at that.

Edited by zeropluszero

Can we pre-ban XA?

Especially since it sounds like he'll have prior BW-E experience?

Quite some people there will have prior experience.

Hence the choice of BW-E is bad IMO.

I'm not gonna be there, but just my 2 cents. [emoji16]

Well I don't have any idea what CPUs will be provided by HWBOT (I am guessing 6950X - BDW-E, maybe lower model) and I haven't seen any BDW-E actions despite the leaks on OCN :) I am just asking questions (or call it trolling) to see if it's worth to buy a ticket for a world tour :) As far I know retails are already being delivered to shops/distributions, so binners with good access can already prepare their wallets.

Regarding motherboard backup - X99 retail motherboards are with us almost 2 years now? And BIOSes are ready/working already as we can see on OCN :)

And yes, for sure some guys will have experience with BDW-E cause as we see cpus are ready ~ 1 month before the launch and users on OCN are playing with it :) And those are guys who didn't sign NDA (or are breaking it). CPUs were available on EBAY (ES), so everyone could buy it, maybe even some HWBOT OCers.

And regarding the idea of going fullout and so on - I approve this, especially that 1. new platform for everyone, it's a great opportunity (even if someone plays before, still getting full experience takes mostly more time), 2. many chances to qualify so it limits luck factor in drawing cpus/memories, 3. after all overlimiting events/competitions it's some nice change IMHO

Edited by Xtreme Addict

Any backups are provided? or can we use private mobo as backup for instance? :)

To be decided. But for sure we don't have "infinite" amount of backup boards. Assume no backup.

Can we pre-ban XA?

Especially since it sounds like he'll have prior BW-E experience?

There are sufficient ways to win at the competition. There are prizes for the qualifier and the 1vs1 has already proven to give chances to the underdogs to win.

So, for all the critics out there: qualifier is "full-out", with "cash prize" and "provided hardware" ;)

NO!! We want low clock, igp-benching and old school hw! :P

Seriously, seems like a great competition! Awesome you could arrange this!

If I'm reading this right...

You pay for your ticket, massman will give you a spot at the table, monitor, psu.

then you basically have two options

1. bench whatever you want to do, byo os, hw & pots, or just bench the given stuff.

2. bench competitively in the world series comps, there's cash prizes for placing each day, as well as going through to finals which are on friday/saturday - this will be on all the given out hw, possibly bw-e.

massman will be providing for this: cpu, ram, board, psu, monitor, possible keyboard/mouse. for the competition i believe pre-made os drives are being setup

If we buy bench spot, can we use these 'next-gen' CPU but not for competing in the world series?

I'd like to use one day just to do some preview article for those CPU, since I brought all my review gear and stuff hahah :P

Of course! :)

• Crew

Looking forward to see you all there! For those that haven't bought yet their tickets - move quick :) Spots are not unlimited + this helps us a lot to plan for appropriate amount of ressources. (LN2, but also power needs etc.)

Thanks!