HWBOT Community Forums

Windows 7 x64 SP1 with integrated drivers for Zen

Just to ease the newcomers I've slipstreamed required drivers for installing Windows 7 on Zen platform.

This is Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 RTM without tweaks for services, removed components, unattended settings, etc.

It includes drivers from:

USB 3.0 and 3.1 drivers found in "AMD all in 1 driver ver:16.50.2601"

SATA Floppy Image ver:8.1.0.26

ASMedia SATA3 Driver ver:2.0.8.0

for X370 Download: https://mega.nz/#!J8ZGBRAA!Af6WYN8fVsQ48Oll4eCU9ZrtGRVL2ERZ3E3iN5g2T_0

for X470/570 Download: https://mega.nz/file/chkBDAYB#CrngA5O8PlrCZdZgnGfjBJ_nbE3_lzzR7ywOauxVc9Q

How to create bootable USB drive:

1. Prepare an empty USB drive with 4GB or greater capacity.

2. Download rufus. I suggest portable version.

3. Open rufus and from the button next to "ISO Image" select your ISO.

4. Leave default settings (as on screenshot) and hit Start.

yRlR4qz.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I've noticed mega now wants to make account and pay when the quota is exceeded or wait several hours until the download is unblocked again.

This SP1 image is rather old though and does not include updates, but I didn't want to get a custom image as a base, you never know what is inside, plus I guess it is illegal.

That's why I've opted for the official MSDN SP1 image, no cracks, hacks, activation, etc.

It would be better to provide a simple guide how to integrate drivers, although there are tools for this already - e.g. on Asus site. Asrock might have one as well.

But I will find some time to write a guide for NTLite, because you might want to integrate some extra stuff.

This image was just to get things going for people who have no clue and/or time what is required and haven't researched on the topic.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 6/24/2018 at 3:14 PM, flanker said:

on X470 this USB not booted me :(...

I recently had to go through all of this again. How familiar are you with DISM? Or do you have your own copy of NTLite?

So, I was installing Win 7 SP1 on an NVMe, which requires the incorporation of a Win 7 SP1 hotfix. I found that order matters with my X399 platform on when you incorporate this fix, as if I did so after using the Asrock Win 7 USB 3.0 fix software, it would not allow using DISM to include the hotfix in the image. Because I couldn't do it or verify it, I went old school with a PS2 keyboard, which this MB has that port. If you do not have a PS2 MB or a legacy USB 2.0 port, it will complicate things a bit.

1) Get a clean copy of Win 7 SP1.
2) Use DISM with the Install.wim to mount the image and to install the hotfix and drivers you want (you can verify after that they are included in the install.wim).
2.a) here is Intel's instructional on NVMe hotfix and Windows instructional on commands to incorporate drivers. You can extract the drivers from those sources or AMD's chipset driver from their website.
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023888/memory-and-storage.html
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/add-and-remove-drivers-to-an-offline-windows-image
It is worth noting that many of the drivers I took from the Chipset and other drivers on the manufacturers page failed to be included in the image, but with DISM, you are told if there was an issue doing so. Also, ignore Intel telling to do the patch program first if using Asrock's utility, as afterwords I could not get DISM to add the hotfix for NVMe for the life of me. ( I used the most recent Win 10 ADK, which may have been the issue instead of using the Win 8 ADK or Win 7 ADK to include the drivers, as an aside; since I had the PS2 keyboard and port, it was one more thing I didn't want to troubleshoot during the effort to install Win 7 SP1 again).
3) You can then try to use the Win 7 USB patcher utilities on the install.wim or disk folder you create for Win 7 that you dropped in the modified install.wim file.
3) Put a clean Win 10 image on a USB. Then only replace the install.wim on the USB with the Install.wim modified from Win 7. This will install windows 7 without an issue, but if you did not do the NVMe hotfix correctly with DISM, it will error when trying to boot after that. You may want to put in a storage hard drive on the system that is non-nvme with the drivers necessary to load after windows boots so that you can install your LAN or WLAN drivers as needed, as well as containing the All-in-one driver or the chipset driver from AMD so that you can run it. If you didn't get a successful USB  3.0 patch, but have a legacy USB 2 that is recognized or a PS2 port, use keyboard commands to navigate to the folder containing the chipset driver and run it. After running that, your USB 3.0 peripherals should install and start being able to be used on the Win 7 SP1 OS.

Hope this helps a little bit! If you need more information, feel free to ask.

Edit: To be clear, even if you do not get the USB 3.0 and 3.1 drivers into the Win 7 Install.wim, by copying the install.wim onto a windows 10 USB stick in the sources folder (overwrite the Win 10 install.wim file), you can use the USB 3.0 and 3.1 peripherals to install Win 7 SP1 on the drive. You just will have no ability to setup windows or use those peripherals AFTER the install is done, meaning you have no ability to input anything into the OS, unless you properly included the USB 3.0 and 3.1 drivers into the install.wim image. That is why I mentioned the PS2 or USB 2.0 legacy inputs as a backup. Wanted to clarify that. Also, by copying it onto a Win 10 USB stick, it will install onto an NVMe drive without an issue, but cannot initialize after the install without the hotfix being integrated into the install.wim. You will get error and bootloop if the hotfix is not on the image.

Edit 2: Links to different ADKs
Windows 10 APK 1803 Build
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/get-started/adk-install#winADK
This page contains the ADK for builds 1709, 1703, 1607, and Windows 8.1, as well as Insider preview.

Windows 8 (not 8.1) ADK
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30652

Windows 7 AIK
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5753

Edited by ajc9988
Adding links to Microsoft for the ADK and Windows 7 AIK for the operation of modifying the windows image using official microsoft tools through DISM.

• 2 months later...

Guys, I have solid Win7 for OC, but I have not much experience with NTlite (or free version cant add some drivers or disable next functions). So. I installed it via DVD-ROM SATA device and after  burn the USB+chipset drivers on enxt DVD and installed it. But its so complicated...I cant to do new iso image of my disc. If I can share my win7 iso (without USB and chipset drivers), can you  rework the win7 image for us? Ty.

there is my file without USB/NVMe drivers. If someone editing this ISO and share will be appreciated it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-2Iczbb8jP-9FB9Qc4unZBEb_mtLU1gL

Edited by flanker

• 10 months later...
On 8/27/2018 at 8:04 AM, flanker said:

Guys, I have solid Win7 for OC, but I have not much experience with NTlite (or free version cant add some drivers or disable next functions). So. I installed it via DVD-ROM SATA device and after  burn the USB+chipset drivers on enxt DVD and installed it. But its so complicated...I cant to do new iso image of my disc. If I can share my win7 iso (without USB and chipset drivers), can you  rework the win7 image for us? Ty. 

there is my file without USB/NVMe drivers. If someone editing this ISO and share will be appreciated it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-2Iczbb8jP-9FB9Qc4unZBEb_mtLU1gL

Is this still needed? I am currently trying my method above and running into issues installing windows 7 for some reason. Doing hangs and wondering if it is the version of rufus I'm using or what. I've actually installed it twice on an NVMe drive and now just trying to install it on a regular HDD. I keep running into the CLASSPNP.sys driver hang (which can be resolved with the USB drivers), disk.sys hang, and one other driver hang (didn't explore beyond that yet).

Once I figure out how to reliably get it to install on my 1950X, I planned on creating a community based image with all of the AMD recent chipset drivers incorporated into the install.wim with it put into a windows 10 iso. Just have to get it working first! LOL.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2018 at 3:40 AM, ajc9988 said:

3) Put a clean Win 10 image on a USB. Then only replace the install.wim on the USB with the Install.wim modified from Win 7. This will install windows 7 without an issue,

So you can install Win7 with Win10 USB by change the install.wim, eh?
Or we use 2 flash drive simultaneously to install the Win7? 1 is Win10 & the another 1 flash drive containing Win7?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, viper said:

Hey I am interested too.

What drivers do I need for setting up a win7 system for 3600x on a x570 mobo?

I'm working on an ISO/Image for Ryzen (Zen1, Zen+, Zen2 and APUs) compatible for all the chipsets, so far the best way is to install it with a DVD and ps2 ports, but I can make an image so you can do it with clonezilla.

I'll post the clone when done :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hardware_Numb3rs said:

I'm working on an ISO/Image for Ryzen (Zen1, Zen+, Zen2 and APUs) compatible for all the chipsets, so far the best way is to install it with a DVD and ps2 ports, but I can make an image so you can do it with clonezilla.

I'll post the clone when done :)

Good news.

But what about if we only use a USB keyboard?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing the iso and information. 

I want to add that I found this (photo) PCI-e x1 card and it boots my ps2 keyboard and my usb mouse (with the usb 2.0 extension I still had from my nforce2 board) straight to Windows 10 without the need of installing it. In the information which comes with it, it is stated that it works from Windows XP and up. 

I tried it on a s1155 board. I will try later on my Ryzen with Win7. 
I will try Win XP as well. 

Edit 24-01-2020 (14:27): I tried booting from my USB stick with Windows 7 with the ISO from above. I put the USB stick into 1 of the 2 extra USB ports. 
I plugged my USB mouse into the other extra USB port and I plugged my PS2 keyboard into the card itself. 
On the installation screen of Windows 7 I had control of both my mouse as my keyboard. And... booting from the USB2.0 ports from the card works to. This gives me hope for Windows XP. 

So my question is: Why making USB ports of Ryzen work why I don't even need them? 

8EE97A3B-E4E1-42FE-B5CC-0F14291E7269.jpeg

CD67D964-1EC2-4BD6-AF58-FC65472CE869.jpeg

38D3293D-B477-4B25-808D-D1D8050A01C2.jpeg

59A4FBDF-83F9-4E13-8A19-391300475767.jpeg

Edited by Sparks.nl

• 3 weeks later...

I followed the instructions here:https://www.win-raid.com/t4960f52-Solution-Win-Drivers-for-USB-Controllers-of-new-AMD-Chipset-Systems-10.html#msg104403 and it seems that I have win7 installed at a new M2 disc, but there is no way to boot in that system.
I have a Gigabyte x570 mobo with a ryzen 5 3600x.

Even if I select to boot into safe mode, I see the drivers getting loaded and then my system justs reboots.
On my computer there are active 2 more installations of Win10, both running from a 850 SSD disc.

After testing the image I can tell that for me the image works while using the ps2/usb2.0 pcie card from above.
I had to search the internet for working usb 3.x drivers. My usb ports now seem to work altough not all devices work yet. But the main parts all work. I won’t be installing the nvme drivers if available. This separates my win10 installation nicely. 

Tested with Ryzen 3950x an Asus Crosshair VIII X570.

Edited by Sparks.nl

• 2 weeks later...