HWBOT Community Forums

GIGABYTE Summer Spectacular 2017 Discussion

mllrkllr88

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so everyone knows you can set custom resolutions in Nvidia control panel and the graphics scores just keep going up and up as you lower the horizontal resolution. Also it runs faster on higher refresh rates. I am actually hooking up a second monitor in order to run at 1x1 pixel or something stupid like that because bellow 300px horizontal the UI starts getting unusable.

120x120 px works

Also my scores suck for no reason

Edited by buildzoid

Of course you can set custom res.

This benchmark was always a joke even for phones .

A 720p phone could destroy a several $$$ 1080p phone just because it scales with res.

PS. I think your OS might be the reason for the low scores.

This is the second win install I'm trying still stuck scoring around 104K at 800x600. I have no idea why.

what windows?

Based on your video I think your 3D were too low while Physics too high but I dont remember what OS you were using.

In the stream I was testing on X99 with win7. But now I'm on win10 with the i3 7350K and I get about 65K phys at 5Ghz and only about 100K GPU score with 1500Mhz core clock and 1480MHz mem at 800x600

My best on the 3rd windows install. Fresh win10: buildzoid`s 3DMark - Ice Storm score: 105312 marks with a GeForce GT 730 (GK208, GDDR5)

That was run at 300px horizontal 75Hz.

Edited by buildzoid

In the stream I was testing on X99 with win7. But now I'm on win10 with the i3 7350K and I get about 65K phys at 5Ghz and only about 100K GPU score with 1500Mhz core clock and 1480MHz mem at 800x600

My best on the 3rd windows install. Fresh win10: buildzoid`s 3DMark - Ice Storm score: 105312 marks with a GeForce GT 730 (GK208, GDDR5)

That was run at 300px horizontal 75Hz.

did u try win8.1?

Well I'm done with this. Killed the GT 730 on stream because I've had it with Icestorm and Catzilla scoring way too low for the clocks I'm running.

Seriously 1811 core and 1378 mem and all I get is 110991 overall in Icestorm.

Also I'm having a problem with Catzilla. I had a key for the advance version from a friend and now I can't get a verification link because I can't submit the score to my own account. Even now when I bought the full version.

Edited by buildzoid

Also I'm having a problem with Catzilla. I had a key for the advance version from a friend and now I can't get a verification link because I can't submit the score to my own account. Even now when I bought the full version.

Had this issue before. I think the result file is linked with a unique serial aka profile.

So if you put other's key -> run -> save and try to upload with your account it won't work.

You can ask your friend to upload it and give you the link.

• Administrators
A little something to contribute to the hw p0rn :D

PS. Backup wasn't needed after all :)

Troll :P

Stage moderated, I had to remove a couple of results because mainboard tab was missing at screenshot. :( I say it for the thousandth time maybe, if we have a vendor specific competition we always need the information you use hardware that is asked for, in this case a Gigabyte mainboard. I hate to remove subs because of this, but I think it is not asked too much if Gigabyte wants to see its product shown at screenshot...

WOW!! The modding on that card is looking SICK, and huge core OC!!

I was hoping that DICE would be competitive but I think the -60 load POT temps really held my card back. I was able to pass IceStorm with 1850 core at 1.73v but it was artifacting heavily which resulted in a lower score. I had to stay around 1750 core to stop the artifacts.

What temps where you LN2 guys benching at?

WOW!! The modding on that card is looking SICK, and huge core OC!!

I was hoping that DICE would be competitive but I think the -60 load POT temps really held my card back. I was able to pass IceStorm with 1850 core at 1.73v but it was artifacting heavily which resulted in a lower score. I had to stay around 1750 core to stop the artifacts.

What temps where you LN2 guys benching at?

Thanks; temp was between -120 - -140~

Man ice storm was so frustrating for me, first time running it. I was doing 2000core, 1450 mem 6.5 cpu, and I could only score 100k, I had lod tuned, custom res as low as I could go.

I should have saved the 100k run for lucky draw but I was so dissapointed and I was benching for about 6hrs, and finally got wet issues and had no score.

I just forgot to anticipate such a small scaling with clock speed so pretesting I figured my score would be ok once core was high.

Software can be so frustrating, I spent so much time getting ready and wasted my whole weekend and had nothing to show for it.

I guess I will do catzilla for fun to show my clock speeds.

Card was a ton of fun though, was benching fine up to -140c and I stopped at 2000 core because of my score

Well I'm done with this. Killed the GT 730 on stream because I've had it with Icestorm and Catzilla scoring way too low for the clocks I'm running.

Seriously 1811 core and 1378 mem and all I get is 110991 overall in Icestorm.

sorry man, went thru same exact crap, I am fine with catzilla but ice storm was my first time.

Something of mine might be dead also, mobo wasnt booting at the end, hoping it was just wet, but I benched for so long trying to get icestorm to be better. I felt so crappy when I woke up sunday, I was up until 7am saturday.

• Administrators

I checked the catzilla scores after someone asked about raymarch scores, and the first scores in the lead are doubtful, to make a clear guideline for all, raymarch higher than fur test will be blocked, to make sure all is correct, even small margins can make a difference.