HWBOT Community Forums

GIGABYTE Summer Spectacular 2017 Discussion

mllrkllr88

Greetings!

I see there is no thread started for this event and I have a question so I figured I would get one started.

Event Link: OC eSports

Here is the schedule as stated in the rules:

Stage 1: GPUPI for CPU 1B (runs 01/05 - 14/05)

Stage 2: 3DMark Ice Storm (runs 01/05 - 21/05)

Stage 3: Catzilla 720P (runs (01/05 - 31/05)

Will a GT730 GPU be required for participation in stage 1? I would assume its not required but I wanted to confirm. I am concerned because the schedule is very tight and I am not sure the required GPU will be in my hands by then.

Thanks for your time!

David

Edited by mllrkllr88

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For 2d stage the gpu is not specified, you can use another card for this

Hi I've just looked at the rules and it looks like the GPU is specified as the GT730:

OC eSports

"STAGE 2: 3DMARK ICE STORM (RUNS 01/05 - 21/05)

limited to Core i3 7350K

limited to GeForce GT 730"

Please would you confirm that only the GT730 can be used?

For the 3D stages(GPU benchmarks), 730GT only, but for the 2D stage with gpupi for cpu (stage1) it doesn´t matter which vga you use

Bought an el cheapo gt730 but GPU-Z is calling it a gt630. I know it wont be competitive since it's a DDR3 ver. but I may not be able to buy another and already bought a Z170x SOC Force and average 7350k.

Question is, is it allowed. Core is GK208-301-A1 28nm 64bit bus 1024mb ram with same default clocks as gt730 pictured

GPU-Z tab of mine on left vs a gt730 sub by IntelGuy

FUEXKkB.jpg

I1Q099x.jpg

Before I pull the trigger on GT 730's, all models are allowed? I'm looking at the 2gb gddr5 versions.

Id assume as well volt mods are allowed for the ambient entries? Seems like a great time to learn, especially considering the cost of the cards.

Before I pull the trigger on GT 730's, all models are allowed? I'm looking at the 2gb gddr5 versions.

Id assume as well volt mods are allowed for the ambient entries? Seems like a great time to learn, especially considering the cost of the cards.

I hope so, that is what I just bought, 2gb gddr5, I want to try 1gb version also to see if mem clocks much better.

I have a question about league placement. The rules state "•Extreme category consists of Elite, Extreme and Apprentice members; Ambient category consists of Enthusiast, Novice and Rookie members"

If I (apprentice) sub according to the 5g ambient guidelines then my scores count in the extreme category? Correct?

Using dice I wont really be able to compete with the LN2 junkies so I am wondering if I am allowed to participate in the ambient category as an apprentice. The rules are pretty clear but I wanted to double check.

I have a question about league placement. The rules state "•Extreme category consists of Elite, Extreme and Apprentice members; Ambient category consists of Enthusiast, Novice and Rookie members"

If I (apprentice) sub according to the 5g ambient guidelines then my scores count in the extreme category? Correct?

Using dice I wont really be able to compete with the LN2 junkies so I am wondering if I am allowed to participate in the ambient category as an apprentice. The rules are pretty clear but I wanted to double check.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Loved the LN2 junkies man, lol...

If this is possible, I might play too.

But with LN2 competition, very difficult.

Wasted money and time, me thinks.

Now you will think I'm nuts asking this but I feel strongly about it.

Why can't people on DICE and Phase use temp monitoring software and run in ambient?

These guys have little chance against LN2 and it would enable a lot more people to compete which is good?

Opinions please.