HWBOT Community Forums

ROG OC Team Edition 2 - Stage 3... Why the temperature monitor?

WhiteWulfe

This is an error at the rules, I will remove enthusiast results with 5,8ghz even without monitoring :) - so you better change league or play fair^^ - hwmonitor is not needed for this stage

Thanks websmile! I was wondering why the table in the rules didn't make any mention of it but the description within Stage 3 did, hence why I asked (and for my initial submission, had monitoring in there anyways)

I cant post my sub to stage 5

Guy's I am having trouble submitting to stage 5. it will not except my sub. tried thru contest page and HWbot

meankeys`s 3DMark Vantage - Performance score: 68236 marks with a GeForce GTX 1080

Am I missing something? thanks for your help

1080 Ti isn't allowed in that stage: Competition's Rules

stages which do not allow extreme cooling need temp monitoring

so for this one in particluar allowing apprentice (to be understood as non extreme ?), is the monitoring required or not?

a clear cut answer would be highly appreciated. thank you

Edited by bolc

Maybe you should learn which league allows which cooling ;) - apprentice allows subzero with single stage, dice and chiller which is extreme cooling in limits below LN2 and cascade.

I know this league allows subzero with di, petlier, etc. Thank you for the advice anyways...

my confusion was based on stage 3 = wprim32m allows apprenctice hence no monitoring required

and stage 2 = geekbench3 stops at enthusiasts, so temp monitoring required

2 vs 3 syndrom in the Edition & stage numbering, gb3...

Thanks for the quick posts though

Edited by bolc

"Hello,

An HWBOT moderator, "websmile", has blocked one of your submitted scores. It has marked one of your submissions as 'insufficient verification'.

This was the reason the user gave:

Please check example screenshot, launch app is mandatory

You can view your result here:

http://hwbot.org/submission/3666090_bolc_geekbench3___multi_core_core_i7_3770k_18121_points"

haha laughing my ass off. anyways gotta resubmit with 4790k to have slightly better

now, to be even more critical, what is the point of this link if the launched app needs to be shown...?

System manufacturer System Product Name - Geekbench Browser

Noticed a score using hwinfo64 instead of hwmonitor, is that allowed? Don't want the guy to be disappointed in a few weeks time...

Please check example screenshot, launch app is mandatory

Yeah lol I remember back when I was starting out I screwed up a whole bunch of scores like that, had to rebench ~10 different things.

Noticed a score using hwinfo64 instead of hwmonitor, is that allowed? Don't want the guy to be disappointed in a few weeks time...

Yeah lol I remember back when I was starting out I screwed up a whole bunch of scores like that, had to rebench ~10 different things.

how useful is the link with all the system details ....?

hwmonitor, how serious is that when you can change the tjmax in the .ini file...?

same with core temp with adjust offset, same with hwinfo. ok, that does not change cpu or package temp...

but what is cpu temp anyways: is it cpu temp, package temp, a core temp....????

please be technical and precise or don't pretend to be enforcing useful rules hwbot...

Edited by bolc

• Administrators

We accept results without link normally but not without valid screenshot. The link is only mandatory for global top 20 and even then I am not sure it helps, there is no stuff like sysinfo to validate anything on the sub

Bolc, if you are only here to complain, I propose you search another site to do so :) - I am starting to lose patience with you

We accept results without link normally but not without valid screenshot. The link is only mandatory for global top 20 and even then I am not sure it helps, there is no stuff like sysinfo to validate anything on the sub

Bolc, if you are only here to complain, I propose you search another site to do so :) - I am starting to lose patience with you

I am not complaining, I am trying to figure out the rules, but this will be my last post here

Here is a copy paste from the link given by geekbench, it covers mroe than exhaustively the few info given on the launch app window

System manufacturer System Product Name

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-bit)

Model System manufacturer System Product Name

Processor Intel Core i7-3770K @ 3.50 GHz

1 processor, 4 cores, 8 threads

Processor ID GenuineIntel Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9

Processor Codename Ivy Bridge

Processor Package Socket 1155 LGA

L1 Instruction Cache 32 KB x 4

L1 Data Cache 32 KB x 4

L2 Cache 256 KB x 4

L3 Cache 8192 KB

Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS V FORMULA

Northbridge Intel Ivy Bridge 09

Southbridge Intel Z77 04

BIOS American Megatrends Inc. 1903

Memory 4096 MB DDR3 SDRAM -1MHz

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, how valid is HWMONNITOR showing only the core temperatures (temp = Tjmax - DTS value) ?

An example, between several, of surely honnest people :

stivut`s Geekbench3 - Multi Core score: 22963 points with a Core i7 7700K

By not being specific enough, you may force folks contributing to HWBOT to rebench and resubmit because you might decide to block their submission. End of my story

Edited by bolc

• Administrators

There is no tool that is reliable if it only shows the cores - proper validation is the job of benchers, you can show package with cores which is why hwmonitor is ideal, it is directly at core temps, some guys show core temps and tjmax distance so you can see what is set and that nothing was manipulated and so on. This is especially important because we had already at first round some cpus that did only work with package and even then you had to check twice (Ryzen). Being specific cannot cover all possible cases, and it does not even guarantee screenshots are done correctly^^ - we will always have problems with verification, it can happwen to everyone and at temps it worst case

Edited by websmile

Finally, how valid is HWMONNITOR showing only the core temperatures (temp = Tjmax - DTS value) ?

An example, between several, of surely honnest people :

stivut`s Geekbench3 - Multi Core score: 22963 points with a Core i7 7700K

I mean i've ran 5374mhz on my 7600k for GB3 in the past Frito`s Geekbench3 - Single Core score: 6040 points with a Core i5 7600K

other than them running a really high voltage for ambient which is their risk to take I don't see it being impossible to do on ambient TBH.