HWBOT Community Forums

ASRock z170 MOCF lives on Coffee Lake Mods

4 hours ago, BoTSkill said:

Can you make one bios like this but for Asrock Z170M OC Formula?

Same thing ( with old CPU Micro-code ) also for Asrock Z170M OC Formula?

Dude, this whole thread is about MOCF! You'll find on previous pages at least few working BIOS for MOCF.

18 hours ago, Killkernel said:

Hello Splave, as you quoted the post where is linked a modded BIOS for the ATX version of Z170 OC Formula, i modded the Zizu32 7.60 BIOS adding an old CPU Micro-code (Rev. "BC") so the R0 would not suffer of performance loss introduced with the latest "CA" revision:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gebuv5etxjanlna/ASRock_Z170_OC_Formula_BIOS_7.60_Modded_%28Old_CPU_MC%29.zip/file

Cheers,

KK

could you make one for the mocf please :D you are a legend in my book

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Splave said:

I'm no pro at this but I modded 7.51J (MOCF) and the ONLY thing I did was replace cpu microcode.
That said 99% sure the only microcode in this bios is 0906ED rev AA the first revision
Maybe someone with 9900K(S) can test real quick or extract the bios to confirm

KSmcAA.JPG.332e5cbaf7d679cf2a3b65cef87edc38.JPG

7.51JrevAA.bin

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Splave said:

Hello Splave, here it is: https://www.mediafire.com/file/loa5mpu5nqmfn2h/Splave_Z17MOCF7.51G.zip/file

and these are the mods:

ASRock-Z170-M-OC-Formula-7-51-G-BIOS-Mod

I've taken your previously modded BIOS (that we know is perfectly working) and:

- i've updated the OROMs to the latest versions, in particular the RAID OROMs are working and are tested by my-self (https://www.win-raid.com/t19f13-Intel-EFI-quot-RaidDriver-quot-BIOS-Modules-52.html#msg97820),

- added the R0 CPU Micro-code,

- the BIOS contains the CPU micro-codes which according to specialized forums (whose results for the 8xxx series have been personally tested and for the 9xxx series have been confirmed by friends) are the best for overclocking (on average on different motherboards and with different CPUs), in particular for the performance and the VCore applied in relation to the frequency managed, compared to the previous and subsequent CPU micro-codes.

Cheers,

KK

P.S.: you are a legend in my book... ? 

SoniX (the U.B.U. developer) and Fernando (the chief administrator of Win-RAID) are also legends that i personally thank for the immense work they do for the HW freak community.

Edited by Killkernel
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2019 at 4:24 PM, Tsukasan said:

Hello. I'm Japanese.

I bought Z170M OC FORMULA.

and,I want to use Core i9-9900KF

Can I use i9-9900KF & MOCF ?

On 12/10/2019 at 9:31 PM, Killkernel said:

Hello Splave, here it is: https://www.mediafire.com/file/loa5mpu5nqmfn2h/Splave_Z17MOCF7.51G.zip/file

and these are the mods:

- i've updated the OROMs to the latest versions, in particular the RAID OROMs are working and are tested by my-self (https://www.win-raid.com/t19f13-Intel-EFI-quot-RaidDriver-quot-BIOS-Modules-52.html#msg97820),

- the BIOS contains the CPU micro-codes which according to specialized forums (whose results for the 8xxx series have been personally tested and for the 9xxx series have been confirmed by friends) are the best for overclocking (on average on different motherboards and with different CPUs), in particular for the performance and the VCore applied in relation to the frequency managed, compared to the previous and subsequent CPU micro-codes.

Cheers,

KK

SoniX (the U.B.U. developer) and Fernando (the chief administrator of Win-RAID) are also legends that i personally thank for the immense work they do for the HW freak community.

I tried 9900k (R0 stepping) on z170 mocf and the oc was wonderful.

you can use your cpu via this bios.  

I can speak japanese so if you wanna question, you can send me a message

Edited by asdds22
  • Like 1

On 4/15/2020 at 8:23 AM, abner_cnf said:

Does it work on a regular ASROCK z170 OCF? Anybody have tried?

On 12/9/2019 at 7:32 AM, Killkernel said:

Hello Splave, as you quoted the post where is linked a modded BIOS for the ATX version of Z170 OC Formula, i modded the Zizu32 7.60 BIOS adding an old CPU Micro-code (Rev. "BC") so the R0 would not suffer of performance loss introduced with the latest "CA" revision:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gebuv5etxjanlna/ASRock_Z170_OC_Formula_BIOS_7.60_Modded_%28Old_CPU_MC%29.zip/file

Cheers,

KK

Seems this bios will work perfectly

and you must do isolate and short pins on your cpu

On 12/10/2019 at 9:31 PM, Killkernel said:

and these are the mods:

Cheers,

KK

appreciate your contribution.
Tried your bios on my z170 mocf with 9900k r0 and have interesting issue(not performance issue).

When I turned off turbo boost and C-state, and OC the CPU up to 4.6Ghz, HWmonitor recognized it.but task manager didn't. The clock was locked at 3.6ghz in task manager while HWM saying that the CPU is at constant 4.6ghz.

Even that, memtest86 also can't detect my CPU oc clock and saying my CPU is at 3.6ghz while i overclocked it. (can check CPU and Memory clock while testing own memory via memtest86)

I installed the windows several times so clearly there's something happening on my hardware.Can't figure out the cause.

10 hours ago, asdds22 said:

appreciate your contribution.
Tried your bios on my z170 mocf with 9900k r0 and have interesting issue(not performance issue).

When I turned off turbo boost and C-state, and OC the CPU up to 4.6Ghz, HWmonitor recognized it.but task manager didn't. The clock was locked at 3.6ghz in task manager while HWM saying that the CPU is at constant 4.6ghz.

Even that, memtest86 also can't detect my CPU oc clock and saying my CPU is at 3.6ghz while i overclocked it. (can check CPU and Memory clock while testing own memory via memtest86)

I installed the windows several times so clearly there's something happening on my hardware.Can't figure out the cause.

Hello asdds22!,

If I have not misunderstood you disable the Intel turbo mode, the C-state and then set the CPU multiplier to 46 ...it seems that you want apply an OC in fixed mode, is that correct ?!

On 4/28/2020 at 10:56 PM, Killkernel said:

Hello asdds22!,

If I have not misunderstood you disable the Intel turbo mode, the C-state and then set the CPU multiplier to 46 ...it seems that you want apply an OC in fixed mode, is that correct ?!

Thanks for reply. That post was about how silly the task manager of windows 10 is (cause can't recognize real core clock)

Thanks to you and your bios, I overclocked 9900k with fixed clock at 4.6ghz with 100mhz blck. No probs and stabled oc.

benchmark score went high.

And... guess what. having several baffling errors... only when I gaming.

When I play game, especially the game made with unreal engine. tons of windows bluescreen error come out (do not means there aren't any issue with other game, almost every game crashes).

checked my overclocked memory with memtest86, checked SSD and HDD. ran tons of stress test(prime95, blender benchmark, 3dmark fire strike, time spy) and can't figure out what is the cause (even that, benchmark score tells me that the score is high and valid! )

I've been built my pc from 2014, been met several windows10 bluescreen error and I've been proud with my pc troubleshooting.

But this issue makes me confusing.

Because when the crash start, whole pc is going down. uefi can't boot in the end ( uefi tells me i have to default my uefi settings.)

i have to clear cmos and have to default the uefi and oc again then re-install windows10.

'custom uefi is based on non-ME uefi' would the issue? at this point, my insight with troubleshooting is suspicious.

Can you advise me where can I start?

Unless i play games, there isn't any issue with general pc usage. 

Edit:

I wrote this for finding helpful debug insight.

Because In here, many insightful overclocker is helping others.

I think i found the cause which crashed the game, but not at the stress test.

stress test program solely stress cpu or gpu. I tried gpu stress and cpu stress simultaneously and psu was shocked for the load and the pc restarted.

So, 600w psu(FSP AURUM S 600W AS-600) was not enough for 9900k(4.6oc) and ram oc and 980ti. That's my conclusion and will give a shot with new psu.

Can't understand why Firestrike and Timespy can't help me finding this prob.

Feel sorry writing off-topic thread. But instead of delete, leave this here for record so that maybe another guy care about his psu when use coffelake cpu with z170 mocf! :)

Edited by asdds22

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ASRock z170 MOCF lives on Coffee Lake Mods

That's the title of this thread. Lets keep it nice and clean and don't start a request thread for various boards. :)

If someone with a different motherboard needs some info on this topic, I can recommend this video from Luumi: 

Edited by octra

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2020 at 10:36 PM, Zizu32 said:

Should work without any problem after Bios mod

I bought a i7 8700k, modded the bios with revlaay tool and isolated 2 pin-pads with kapton tape (the same tape which sellers on aliexpress using for stickers to "Xeon to 775" mod).

But I have a question. Did I isolated correct pin-pads (image below)? Do i have to isolate more of them?

My motherboard is MSi Z170A Gaming M7

I found in Google the "CoffeeTime socket pinmod map" and I've used it to isolate these pin-pads.

Link 1 (isolated pins): Imgur 1

Link 2: (pinmod map): Imgur 2

Got it working on asrock Ddr3 board with this tool, even on 9900k you can run Ddr3 https://www.win-raid.com/t3987f16-TOOL-Easy-automated-Mod-tool-for-Coffee-Lake-bios.html

No idea how the vrm will handle xoc tho, lolh

Https://hwbot.org/submission/4511090_yosarianilives_3dmark___fire_strike_(graphics_score)_uhd_graphics_630_(24eu)_1505_marks

Edited by yosarianilives

When I putted my 8700k in, I get every time Debug Code 46. Can someone explain me what I'm doing wrong? 

1. I've modded bios using revlaay tool, later CoffeeTime 

2. I isolated pins for U0 scheme without shorting SKT_OCC to the ground. (I made some research and I learnt that MSI mobos doesn't use SKT_OCC for checking CPU)

• 4 months later...

Good afternoon everyone,

I just made an account to get in on this action. I currently have the full sized ATX Asrock Z170 OC formula. 

I have been  looking online, and it looks like I could use the physical mod and bios tool to get the 8 core and 8 threads to work on an intel I7- 9700k for sure.

Could anyone confirm if the current mods would work on an Intel I9- 9900k? From what I have read it looks like the CPU is supported, but I am unsure if all 16 threads would be recognized by the non MATX board.

Thank you for any advice you can provide. 

• 3 months later...
On 7/30/2020 at 12:05 AM, yosarianilives said:

Sorry to bring up this old post, but what parameters from CoffeeTime did you use to get the 9900k working on the ASRock K4/D3 Z170 board? I recently acquired one of these boards, and while I've gotten it stable at 4.7 GHz (1.34 V) and RAM to 2000 MHz (1.60 V), the iGPU won't work at all, even when not OC'd. Not a major issue as I mostly use my GTX 1080, but want to determine if I missed something in the patches.

ME 11.70.1229 CON (enabled)
VBIOS 1062 OROM
GOP 9.0.1107 OROM
Microcodes: 906EA-DE, 906EA-DE, 906EB-DE, 906E9-DE, 506E3-DC
Patches: PCIe x16, SKU hack, Sync cores, Init 8+ CPUs, ACPI tables
Fixes: PCIe 1440, NVMe fix, FD locks
Other: RAM 128Gb support, HEX to DEC CPU count
NVRAM: HT (on)