HWBOT Community Forums

GTX580 Matrix

hotrod717

So I recently scored  a mint Matrix GTX 580. Looking for info or experience with enabling solder pads, recommended GPU Tweak, and driver version. I have 344.11 and GPU Tweak 2.2.1.4 working and enhanced. However, as you can see my voltage is limited. Any help would be appreciated. This card is super mint and clean. Unreal find. 

Do not see a bios switch. Was this a single bios card? 5ace9e760d422_Matrix580.thumb.png.581c4b3cdbd283abc68c0a008cf91748.png5ace9e72c25e0_GPUTweak580.thumb.png.6fd2dbaafd3903d108be15104d78aa80.png

Thanks for the response. Yes, I've owned multiple 7970, 290x, 980, and 980ti variants of Matrix. All but the 7970 and 580 are unlocked by solder pads and GPU Tweak. However, the 7970 and 580 can only be fully unlock via bios. The correct GPU Tweak makes a difference and plays a part as well, but, bios is definitely needed on these two cards. I'll try the cold slow and report back. Forgot all about that link to legacy bios'. Thanks.

Edited by hotrod717

Thanks for the response and link. Perfect!!  As stated the solder pads alone do not unlock voltage and you need a bios/firmware. Perhaps someone had previously done this for you. 

This fourth step is what I perhaps hate the most about this card. To have a really easy bench session, you need to update the firmware to one that has elevated/unlocked voltage, but the firmware seems to be distributed only to those-who-know where to get it. It took me a long time to find the right file (and someone who was okay for this to be updated), but in the spirit of Hipro5-open-sharing, here it is. -

Edited by hotrod717
  • Like 1

Found, but i havent had time to flash and test the card yet. Funny enough, I just got a RMA rejection from EVGA for SLI Finger wear or as they say "damage" on a 1080ti KPE I used 3 times on air.. So losing $1k over a intended function of card has had a effect on my wanting to do more than drown my sorrows. Lol. I initially RMA'd for lose of video, but apparently once they find " damage" they reject automatically without any testing. I explored all option and only thing i can do is have card shipped back. I offered to pay for repair and they said no.

6.png

• Sad 2

I believe that is changing quickly. They apparently have a new policy that started at the beginning of the year. I hate to be one of "those" people, but everyone i've shown pictures to, can't believe they rejected the RMA, and this may serve as good info for those who buy EVGA products. They can and will reject RMA for anything , but a pristine and new looking card, regardless of its intended use. 

If overclocking u should yourself know to not use warranty bro.

I backread your thread and u sure did things out of warranty, the risk of overclocking.

I know people that rma delidded chips too, and i hope they never get refound any money.

Edited by Moose83

3 hours ago, Moose83 said:

If overclocking u should yourself know to not use warranty bro.

I backread your thread and u sure did things out of warranty, the risk of overclocking.

I know people that rma delidded chips too, and i hope they never get refound any money.

I never took the 1080ti KPE on LN2 nor water for that matter. I used it 3 times on air. What are you talking about? If i had ran this card on LN2 and biffed it, it would be a non-issue and wouldnt be posting anything about it.  I didnt. Please find any result where i posted running a 1080ti KPE on LN2!

Edited by hotrod717

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2018 at 3:02 AM, SoF said:

We had a special bios and unlock tool for the matrix cards back in the days. Still have 3 of them because they remember me of the best times I had in OC...need to check what I can find in my old software graveyard.

I found what i needed here, in the cold-slow bios thread.It  had a tools file. I'm not sure if this card had new firmware flashed or what, but when i installed gpu tweak contained in that folder, i got full control without soldering.