Jump to content
HWBOT Community Forums
The_Silver

The official Challenger 2019 Division VI round 1 AMD legacy thread.

Recommended Posts

if everybody runs legacy is it a problem ? I wanted to have quicker runs on the older hardware

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Having quicker runs on the older hardware is going to save a lot of time. As well as increase the sub numbers for GPUPI for CPU v3.3. So hopefully we will see the point value increase. That would be a good thing for the old school benchers out there. Nice call Leeg
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
with some opencl it's complicated with the 3.3 in 32bit there are a lot of bugs, the 3.2/3.1 works very well why this complicate life? and in 32bit we are about 50% less efficient

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2019 at 11:31 AM, jessec0626 said:

Having quicker runs on the older hardware is going to save a lot of time. As well as increase the sub numbers for GPUPI for CPU v3.3. So hopefully we will see the point value increase. That would be a good thing for the old school benchers out there. Nice call Leeg

Points?  Currently v3.3 doesn't give any points for 2D other than team power points.  Only GPU Pi v3.3 on GPU's got points.

 

Increased subs for v3.3 wouldn't hurt though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Points?  Currently v3.3 doesn't give any points for 2D other than team power points.  Only GPU Pi v3.3 on GPU's got points.

 

Increased subs for v3.3 wouldn't hurt though!

Yea I noticed that. Lol But as long as there is some form of points given for the bench it's all good. I know that some folks out there don't bench on an active team, so it useless for them. However, for those who bench with an active team, it will help that team out for sure. 

Edited by jessec0626
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, jessec0626 said:

Yea I noticed that. Lol But as long as there is some form of points given for the bench it's all good. I know that some folks out there don't bench on an active team, so it useless for them. However, for those who bench with an active team, it will help that team out for sure. 

True enough.  Here's hoping that CPU gets points too.  So odd that only GPU got points for that, but they're also pimping v3.3 CPU subs in Divisions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WhiteWulfe said:

True enough.  Here's hoping that CPU gets points too.  So odd that only GPU got points for that, but they're also pimping v3.3 CPU subs in Divisions.

Might happen in the future when the final rev gets released.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, The_Silver said:

arrr he bug cpu temperature is always 0 while the cpu is 20...

Hey mate, I had the same problem but it only happen for me when I enable CPU core unlocked....when I disabled CPU core unlock the temp work in Windows with CPUid HW, this was with my 960t. I can't remember if it was the same for my 1090t 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Unlocking cores on AMD always bugs temp sensors. Known issue. There is no software fix for that.

Edited by Mr.Scott
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

without unlocking as well they dont read right !!!!!

Edited by ozzie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ozzie said:

^^^ without unlocking as well they dont read right !!!!!

They don't even read when I unlocked.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bullant said:

They don't even read when I unlocked.... 

true bully.seems to be an amd failure somewhere, dunno why.all my amd boards are the same,, regardless of what generation, 

hope all is well mate 🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ozzie said:

true bully.seems to be an amd failure somewhere, dunno why.all my amd boards are the same,, regardless of what generation, 

hope all is well mate 🤞

Hope your well to mate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are AM3+ Opterons allowed (does "no server" mean just server platforms)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, redux said:

Are AM3+ Opterons allowed (does "no server" mean just server platforms)?

I'd assume not

Quote

Only AM3+, FM1 or older AMD DT parts are allowed (no server or ES hardware)

I'd take hardware to mean CPUs, Boards, GPUs and potentially Memory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well we can open up the AMD Legacy stage too maybe for single CPU server CPU setups.

What do you guys think?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...