HWBOT Community Forums

Geekbench5 - Compute score: cpu or gpu?

Thanks, I've fixed it and it shows up in the right category now.

I wouldn't bench it though, I am going to remove the Geekbench 5 categories as soon as BenchMate 0.10 is released.
You can find more information about our great history with Geekbench here:

Edited by _mat_
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, _mat_ said:

Thanks, I've fixed it and it shows up in the right category now.

I wouldn't bench it though, I am going to remove the Geekbench 5 categories as soon as BenchMate 0.10 is released.
You can find more information about our great history with Geekbench here:

Presumably it could be changed to allow submission the same as the other geeks or are we dropping geek all together.

8 minutes ago, yosarianilives said:

Presumably it could be changed to allow submission the same as the other geeks or are we dropping geek all together.

We could do that and have another benchmark that can't be used on Windows 10 on AMD and Pre-Skylake. I'd rather not reward the "legal action threatening, not caring about the community and oblivious to obvious timer problems" behaviour shown by Geekbench's developer. We should really focus on benchmarks made by developers that give a fuck about overclocking. We will definitely not run out of benchmarks too soon.

Edited by _mat_

1 hour ago, yosarianilives said:

I'd be good with ditching all geek on the bot but some people may not like their work for naught. IMHO if we keep geek we keep all geek, kinda like how we have every 3dmark.

What about cutting benches in general only after the season ends? That would hurt a little bit less at least.

24 minutes ago, _mat_ said:

What about cutting benches in general only after the season ends? That would hurt a little bit less at least.

I think that's actually a good idea, or at least dump pts for geek like we did for XTU. If we dump geek then we'll need a new mt and st bench for global pts. I propose ycruncher 1b and maybe pifast for st. Not too many other ST benches unless we add 1m or testcpu.

I would rather not see the subs disappear, especially for the GB3 subs I put a ton of time, money, and effort into.

If you want to cut points at the start of the next season and make it pointless going forward, I'm 100% fine with that. Just don't want to see mine and others hard work to reach the top be thrown away for naught.

• Like 1

Cut the benches, keep the points. 

Put points in category, "old benches no longer supported ranks" so people can keep their hard earned work on their carrier rankings. 

This place has pulled so many points from removing benchmarks and wonder why participation goes downhill every time this happens.

If you put a benchmark on here, it should earn points no matter what. If this is strictly a data base, remove ALL points, should have never been a thing....But we are here to compete. 

Took all the CatZilla points away from people. Shame on this place for that. That kind of deal is just straight bullshit. (sorry for my honesty here)

All the benches that don't give points, just remove them. Useless wasting all that space on the servers. Or, put the servers to use and award points. 

IMO

There is no point deleting old subs and defys the point of this website, i.e. a database.

IMO have a poll between the three options of: leaving as is, disabling global points, and disabling both HW and global points.

Although, that does involve us having moderators that can put up with us... ?

Edited by Noxinite

• 2 weeks later...
  • Crew

you only look at it from a narrow perspective... we removed points from Catzilla because our own community produced more and more bugged results. I think H20vsLN2 was the ultimate master at this... again we shot in our own foot, we simply can't  run a benchmark with higher clocks for CPU and GPU...

I would rather have points for all benchmarks, but some benches are too easy to trick, hence why the points for them got removed, removing them is killing the database, though leaving them with so many bugged scores is also not ideal... so going pointless is maybe not that bad...

And the current way of points has been voted if I'm not mistaken....