HWBOT Community Forums

The official Challenger 2020 Division III round 1 - 6 cores only thread.

Obijuan83

• 2 weeks later...
  • Crew

There's no idle /load or any temp demand for this division... Just maximum frequency. Some benches are just too fast and don't use up all processor clocks ( eg parallel Pi) but even the heavy ones like CBR20 are sometimes not picked up correctly idle/load wise by HWinfo.

In the example screenshot below you see that the freqs detected by HWinfo and Benchmate are similar, thus approved. Load is not required to be maxed out in the rules

Obijuan.jpg

Edited by Leeghoofd

5 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

@Obijuan83 So again read and analyse the competition rules before starting a useless reporting spree.

@TASOS can you have a talk with him, seems I'm not getting through....

I read the rules and its says 4503 max.

And if someone run it at 4550, get the score then set it at 4502 opens hwinfo and get the valid score?What about that?

Is that allowed?? 

As for Tasos to speak with me because you are not getting through, maybe your answers are not enough...

Edited by Obijuan83

30 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

Maybe someone needs an extended break? we can arrange such things too , this without any reservation or pre-payment required.

This is a serious answer from a moderator?

Because I asked you for something I thought weird?

I was having a 10 year break and decided to Bench again and I want to play with fair rules!And to be first...sorry for that , I bought cpu pots,gpu pots ln2 dewars, binned cpus...

Sorry for being irritating I thought its for everyones good to have a clean and honest enviroment.

If you dont want that ok, I can silence , leave the things as is but please dont be strict only against me.

I will try to be ok with the submissions rules

Mit freundlichen grüßen

Nikiforos(Obijuan83)

(And a tail from the crypt for all us to laugh...back in 2007 when I was achieved Pcmark04 WR using i-ram, hwbot decided that it was not allowed.Today I can see that everything is allowed and its good for community.)

Edited by Obijuan83

• Members
54 minutes ago, Obijuan83 said:

I read the rules and its says 4503 max.

And if someone run it at 4550, get the score then set it at 4502 opens hwinfo and get the valid score?What about that?

Is that allowed?? 

Obviously not, one of the positives of using bm for comps is it can track MHz during a run to try and avoid this issue.

9 minutes ago, GeorgeStorm said:

Obviously not, one of the positives of using bm for comps is it can track MHz during a run to try and avoid this issue.

I know that , my question was for Paralel pi which is not using BM at that stage ,is that so hard to see?

The report spree mentioned above was for Parallel pi scores

BM is cure I can it understand now  , because as I can see not everything is as supposed...

Edited by Obijuan83

Guest Digg_de

I think the avg Load % depends on Benchmark and how the Prio is. When the Benchmark is running at Realtime and HWInfo at Normal or lower than things like this are possible.

Edited by Digg_de

On 2/5/2020 at 4:59 AM, Obijuan83 said:

I dont cheat, but I would like and others dont cheat.

Can you understand what I describe?

I speak that there are submission with parallel pi scores with hwinfo at "4503" and load at 15-30%...

Isn't that weird to you???

I was reading this thread and became curious.

Every time I run Parallel pi, my 8700k jumps to 100% or high 90's load, no matter the priority. Perhaps a bios setting would allow it to run at half load that I'm not aware of.

Leeghoofd would understand this better than me, but this does show the beauty of software like Bench Mate for competitions with restrictions. Very nice indeed, IMO

On 2/5/2020 at 11:59 AM, Obijuan83 said:

I dont cheat, but I would like and others dont cheat.

Can you understand what I describe?

I speak that there are submission with parallel pi scores with hwinfo at "4503" and load at 15-30%...

Isn't that weird to you???

U salty af, why even bother, its just a competition between us, overclockers... 

On 2/2/2020 at 7:50 AM, Leeghoofd said:

!!!!!Due to multiplier detection error , Open Hardware Monitor will no longer be allowed for future submissions. Frequency (and temperature) Monitoring via HWinfo32/64 and or Benchmate!!!

Will entries made on or before 2nd of February using Open Hardware Moinitor be removed from the competition?

Why is nickname abc order is higher priority then the upload dates? If someone got the same points _later_ than me, not more... it isn't better just the same. But now in my case, I got overtaken with the same overall points as mine. Same goes to 11th and 12th btw. Why?