HWBOT Community Forums

The big MSI MOA 2011 thread: information, videos, comments and more ...

Massman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Jonas! Almost finnish person got in to EU finals after all :)

You just need to take few punches from elmor, but I think you can make it! He will punch anyway, no matter how competition goes :)

Spanx, Petri. I'll make sure to bring my Finnish flag with me to the finals. I have a special memorial planned. :D

Thanks. So where'd you end up? I heard you were supposed to qualify as well, but I saw nothing at OC(T)D.

2x dead 990X

1x semi-dead 980X (One ram channel is dead)

1x UD9 dead

And a shitty DCU II

~1230mhz max complete run.

Both 990X could have changed that 32M for certain, but, enough talking, it did not show by the end of the day... Not on speed, on effeciency.

... Oh and; The UD9 gave a big sparkle from PWM, killed chip and motherboard instantly, it was at first boot for the session, ambient temp pot, as we were to install OS, and with CLEAR CMOS.... lol..

That was how the 990X died...

The 990X ES just showed up as "BIOS error" on R3E, and would not get past BIOS on the UD3R (my board), at random part... We swapped CPU, before swap there wasnt really any problem with the chip.

980X ES, no idea how/why it lost a channel, MAYBE Oliver just managed to kill a channel my UD3R by lifting it on the sides while a pot was mounted, I'll chop his head off if the chip turns out to work on another board.... Because, hell will freeze over before I'll get another motherboard, last one took 335 days to get to my place.

Edited by M.Beier