HWBOT Community Forums

Results with ROG Expander....

I think the mods here have enough foresight to see when something is available ;) Alot are from different countries so it would be easy to say, can you buy it? can you buy it? can you buy it? When they all say no then its not allowed?

Or

Why dont you choose mass, do you think that its fair to use one? When you cant buy but can be given its not right?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=267608

Please explain this then SPlave " Oh yeah.... GIGABYTE X58A-OC "

Quick bench (literally an hour) with the new GIGABYTE X58A-OC....

BUT.. you said earlier ," We've begged ASUS USA to let us pay for one, It just seems that its not on newegg so it shouldnt count though right?

Guess the same could be said for black edition Rampage III extreme and Gigabyte OC board "

I can understand your opposition to my words though seeing as how your team does quite benefit from the use of an expander right?

Edited by chispy

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=267608

Please explain this then SPlave " Oh yeah.... GIGABYTE X58A-OC "

Quick bench (literally an hour) with the new GIGABYTE X58A-OC....

BUT.. you said earlier ," We've begged ASUS USA to let us pay for one, It just seems that its not on newegg so it shouldnt count though right?

Guess the same could be said for black edition Rampage III extreme and Gigabyte OC board "

uh oh you caught me mate lol! Its none of my business what steponz has done. He did not even post his results on our forum or tell any of us he had a board comming. He shouldnt get points either till the board is out. I dont care that he is on my team ;) some issues are bigger then a couple team points.

I can understand your opposition to my words though seeing as how your team does quite benefit from the use of an expander right?

uh oh you caught me mate lol! Its none of my business what steponz has done. He did not even post his results on our forum or tell any of us he had a board comming. He shouldnt get points either till the board is out. I dont care that he is on my team ;) some issues are bigger then a couple team points.

Just as i Tought , you are just another Benchzowner whinning and bitching all the time , I was waiting for you to say something about my team , so there now you got me lol , You are exactly as Benchzowner , Green of envy , whinning and bitching all the time like little girls :P

Edited by chispy

Guys, guys.. lets relax a bit.... we all enjoy benching...

The R3E board will likely be out soon and I know for sure the GBT OC board is coming out in the next couple weeks...

Is it really worth getting all upset about it... It's just a preview of the newest latest and greatest..

To Splave..

I honestly didn't let they guys know yet about it.. Was actually very busy... Was going to do some cool threads on the home turf... Just need some LN2.. Just wanted to get some results out there...

To All

As for the Rog Expander.... It does really suck that its not easier to get, I know my team has really tried to get it.. without an oppurtunity to do so..... I honestly don't think its that big of deal.. because with the new rev.. it will change to the sponsered league...

Mass.. hurry up already... rofl...

I do almost consider it like the 275 lightning.. its almost impossible to get.. I find 1 on ebay.. but thats about it.. do we ban it.. I dono...

I think there is too many rules already... :)

Also how about we stop trashing threads and be more civilized... how about we focus on how the manufacturer's are really starting to give us really cool gear tailored to our tastes? Deal?

Edited by steponz

Just as i Tought , you are just another Benchzowner whinning and bitching all the time , I was waiting for you to say something about my team , so there now you got me lol , You are exactly as Benchzowner , Green of envy , whinning and bitching all the time like little girls :P

Just shut up.

Friggin boneheads...

Yah, thread trashing, name calling, clever cleaver throwing, all that jiz sucks. Lets all fucking get along already and give people the opportunity to raise concerns that they personally feel are important to them in a safe, healthy and productive environment instead of a hostile bullish and offensive one. Or not.

Let's at least agree to disagree eh?

Thanks for the reply mike, but just getting a different board is not fixing the issue at hand right? Trust me there is a will and I bust my ass every free second I get. But to hit a wall not because of money or skill but limited "availability" aka not available products is crazy to me.

I would, but I doubt that I would every see you at any oc event.

I can always catch a flight anywhere anytime , you tell me ;)

Edited by chispy

Just shut up.

Come on try to make me shut up yourself :D

I would, but I doubt that I would every see you at any oc event.

I can always catch a flight anywhere anytime , you tell me ;)

You guys are making your teams look bad. Last I checked our hobby is not MMA. Stay classy guys.

Thanks for the reply mike, but just getting a different board is not fixing the issue at hand right? Trust me there is a will and I bust my ass every free second I get. But to hit a wall not because of money or skill but limited "availability" aka not available products is crazy to me.

I feel like of all the issues that we could be getting up in arms about the ASUS ROG Expander is the least of our problems. So what, someone can use their RIIIE in quad-SLI with the introduction of a pair of NF-200 switches and another PCB. Compared to the other quad-SLI options on the market there is no performance difference. However, how about the fucking monster 990X ES chips being used? 1-2% performance difference due to BIOS has got nothing on a 10% frequency difference on the processor.

Just a thought.. perhaps we're all rabble rabble rabbling about the wrong issue?

Alright , massman should be the one answering your question. I wont interrupt again on your tread SPLave , but make sure you dont mention my Team again ok ;). Now , you have a good day dude.

Edited by chispy

Sorry OCAholics, I would disagree with majority of you here, personally I do not think its a big issue, :P, I know Splave you have been working hard, busting your ass and it will be disappointing to you that because of the unavailable hardware your chances of improving your rank is much harder, but think of us guyz in Asia, as Patch mentioned earlier we do not even have half the brands that you have in US. For eg. We do not have EVGA, we have to import those Classifieds paying 500$ without any warranty. So retail availability means shit to us. So again where do we draw the line??? But as we all OCAholics have always maintained our motto to be, lets keep our house in order and forget about the rest.

I guess I don't see it as an issue like some do, I liken it to the crazy 5870 Lightnings vs. 99% of the retail cards, 5870 SOC's with the special chip vs. retails without it, Gulftown A0's and now 990X ES's ect; ect;

There will always be the "have's" and the "have nots" in this hobby as far as the really cool hardware goes, so I try not to get caught up in it when I fall into the "have not" group. I just continue to do what I can with what is available to me and let the boints fall where they may.

@ bankikYes but its hard for you to get stuff we know (i try to help when I can) But when its impossible to get something then do we draw the line?

@ chris - I have tried to fight the ES battle before but lost miserably :x

Then I'd say you should recognize the uselessness of complaining about the Expander. It sucks that it is effectively a limited production part but if something as game changing as ES CPUs isn't handled then why would the Expander be addressed? There's an 800 lb gorilla relaxing in the corner while the spider monkey is having poo flung at it :)

I kinda get the limited availability part, but the same goes for handpicked engineering samples and alot of other stuff we deal with every day.

The ROG expander doesn't add anything that you can't do on other boards of similar quality (E762 for example...), so if you can't get the expander, try to get the E762 and see what you can do with it. It's not like the expander gives you a 20% boost in benchmarks:p

Plus, the rules are very easy to handle atm - retail availability on the other hand is difficult to define. I can't buy a 580 CU here in Norway atm, so I have no retail channels I can use to get one. It wouldn't be an improvement of the rules if a part is "available" when you can buy it in the US, Germany and Taiwan. but there are 100+ countries where you can't buy it. Then we can apply the following rule: no part is allowed unless you can buy it in EVERYcountry in the world. Bye bye HWBot, I wonder how many GTX580's they have in North Korea:D Probably just as many 580's as they have Expanders;)