HWBOT Community Forums

Results with ROG Expander....

I think the point is,you can get the ES CPUS,the VGAs and everything elese at least on Ebay.

The expander is nowhere to be found and i seriously doubt that Andre can supply every Extreme Overclocker with one...

Some things have to be forbidden in my opinion.How can I for example compete against someone that has a board or a CPU months before i even see it?And when i finaly get it and OC it then the next thing comes and i am again in the back....Lets hope Rev4 can solve these things....

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

remember Core 2 quadro(or quad dont remember i was too young) K6400 ?

Who has one ? one or two guys on the earth

Core2Quad Q6400 (SL9UN) did exist in the wild - in my 4 years on ebay I think I saw at least a dozen of those ... so bad example :D

SL6M4 (celeron mobile 1.4 c1) and SL7EZ (celeron 1.6 d1) are a lot tougher chips to find :P

I think the mods here have enough foresight to see when something is available ;) Alot are from different countries so it would be easy to say, can you buy it? can you buy it? can you buy it? When they all say no then its not allowed?

Or

Why dont you choose mass, do you think that its fair to use one? When you cant buy but can be given its not right?

The issue here is how to 'quantify' the rule. 'A lot' countries equals how much countries exactly?

As I mentioned before, the current rule isn't perfect but at least it's clear on the NDA part of the topic. If the manufacturer decides it's okay to use the product in public, it's okay for us.

You can also continue this reasoning and think about the following: if we would exclude Xpander, would it be okay to allow people to use hacked R3E BIOSes that run 4-Way? If not, what about mods then? What about specific CPU steppings?

Like I said before, HWBOT is very open to this discussion (in fact, besides of all the name-calling, I find this a really interesting thread), but any step taken must be a step forward in the 'right' direction. I would much rather see the community put more pressure on manufacturers to open up products for the entire world than for this community to ignore or remove products.

In fact, I already see that some people within the manufacturer are more and more aware of this issue. Perhaps, in the future, with the right amount of pressure, we'll see stuff like the ROG Xpander available on the ASUS global site for sale.

Core2Quad Q6400 (SL9UN) did exist in the wild - in my 4 years on ebay I think I saw at least a dozen of those ... so bad example :D

SL6M4 (celeron mobile 1.4 c1) and SL7EZ (celeron 1.6 d1) are a lot tougher chips to find :P

Damn you right, I thought it was impossible to find cause on HWBot it's named K6400. But yeah if you write Q6400 on google you can find some.

Karl, can you rename K6400 into Q6400 ?

EDIT: hum seems it's not the same Q6400 is 2.13 Ghz and K6400 is 2.66 Ghz WTF

Like I said before, HWBOT is very open to this discussion (in fact, besides of all the name-calling, I find this a really interesting thread), but any step taken must be a step forward in the 'right' direction. I would much rather see the community put more pressure on manufacturers to open up products for the entire world than for this community to ignore or remove products.

open to discussions, thats good stuff right there :)

The issue here is how to 'quantify' the rule. 'A lot' countries equals how much countries exactly?

As I mentioned before, the current rule isn't perfect but at least it's clear on the NDA part of the topic. If the manufacturer decides it's okay to use the product in public, it's okay for us.

You can also continue this reasoning and think about the following: if we would exclude Xpander, would it be okay to allow people to use hacked R3E BIOSes that run 4-Way? If not, what about mods then? What about specific CPU steppings?

In fact, I already see that some people within the manufacturer are more and more aware of this issue. Perhaps, in the future, with the right amount of pressure, we'll see stuff like the ROG Xpander available on the ASUS global site for sale.

Thankyou for rescuing the thread mass.

Points when hardware is avalaible for everybody in retail and shop..

Not when manufacturer says so.

for the Iram, acard drive is allowed, but that thing ? don't know, wait on answer from crew of Hwbot.

ramdisk (software) isn't allowed.

Edited by Chiller