HWBOT Community Forums

As SSD 2.0 Rules.

chispy

4 hours ago, unityofsaints said:

For years now we've been hearing "don't tweak, just run the damn bench" but you can't bin, overclock or LN2 SSDs so by definition this bench will be all tweaking! I'm so confused.

I think optimizing how the os accesses files is different from having it not use the ssd at all and run in ram. I think people are just against ram disks, ram cache, and "drivers" that use extensive ram cache

I don't see how this is in anyway related to overclocking? Keep the rankings for those who want to play, but don't give any points...

This opens up to so much "creativity" also. What exactly can you bench on this? A long time ago I had the gigabyte i-ram. Is something like that allowed? It's not ramdisk SOFTWARE...

• Confused 1

@Rauf , i will tell you how exactly this is related to overclocking. This bench DO scale with cpu and ram overclocking as i tested this myself last night going from x1 , x2 , x3 , x4 nvme benching in Raid0. At stock cpu clocks and ram it is a huge bottleneck and score like shit , once you start going up in cpu speeds and ram speeds it starts to strech it's legs , very important to raise bclk as high as possible. I still have to do much testing as i have just started quick testing last night but i have some problems with nvme 4.0 throtling massively and numbers were all over the place due to the heat is insane while running Raid0 with more than 2 very fast nvme 4.0. I should be having twice the scores i got last night ( Too low for the configuration ) but until i get the heat under control it's not going to happen.

Edited by chispy
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Rauf said:

I don't see how this is in anyway related to overclocking? Keep the rankings for those who want to play, but don't give any points...

This opens up to so much "creativity" also. What exactly can you bench on this? A long time ago I had the gigabyte i-ram. Is something like that allowed? It's not ramdisk SOFTWARE...

Hwbot is about benching and tweaking, not necessarily oc. You should know about this more than anyone. 

• Like 1

• Crew
7 hours ago, Rauf said:

Are accepted for physical storage medium tested in storage medium benchmarks and/or subtests of a benchmark:

• Platter hard disk drives
  • Iram / Acard ram drives (DIMM as storage medium, not system memory)
  • Solid-state disk (SSD) or NVMEs, using flash memory as storage medium
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
  • Crew

It is correct As SSD 2.0 is a benchmark that leads to the creativity of results
But punishing those who have not performed any cheats is unfair, wouldn't it be better that from today or tomorrow no longer add points but leave the already obtained hardware and globals?
Just as the laws cannot be retroactive, removing the points from hw and global is unfair, but  review each score that has been made up to that day, on D-day.

#For too few, too many lose#

This is just a personal opinion, to make Hwbot more sustainable and not be changing so much, it's my 2 cents..

Edited by Sweet
i dont know