HWBOT Community Forums

comment on these...sharing hw?

Hondacity

1. unigine heaven

- time and date this started the look into it some more

- possible same ssd/hd

- same gpu speed from screenshots

- link to hwbot score http://hwbot.org/community/submission

- desktop was busy the previos days, next day desktop was cleaned. same ikons /2155721_dentlord_unigine_heaven___xtreme_preset_dx11_geforce_gtx_580_2395.43_dx11_marks

- link to hwbot score http://hwbot.org/community/submission/2153350_romdominance_unigine_heaven___xtreme_preset_dx11_geforce_gtx_580_2334.85_dx11_marks

screenshot of unigine:

af8df9ad.jpg

2. sp32m

- boring stuff but

- same cpu

f82a3a7d.png

-to reiterate same cpu...screen shot of 3d03

f563bc98.png

3. 3d01

- same cpu

- same gpu

- http://hwbot.org/community/submission/2152486_romdominance_3dmark2001_se_geforce_gtx_580_122274_marks

- http://hwbot.org/community/submission/2155728_dentlord_3dmark2001_se_geforce_gtx_580_123138_marks

494e2373.png

comments?

Edited by Hondacity

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Multiple VGA's/CPUs or not, it does look like the benchmarks come from the same system, with the same hardware used. Take those '01 screenies .. only windows theme is different.. GPU clocks, CPU clocks, even GPU-Z version is exactly the same.

Not sure how much of a crime it is. And for sure those scores are still very nice. But it really seems like a bit too much of a "team effort" to me :(

It is true that Dentlord has been visiting for a few weeks. It is true that we have spent a small fortune on equipment and LN2 during that time. It is true that we may have benched with the same hardware where it was appropriate to do so.

Really Robert?

I don't mind people benching together, but to avoid confusion it's a good idea to notify the crew if you're going to bench the same CPUs/GPUs (a russian team posted some pics in this thread a long time ago: http://hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1547 for example).

Pictures were asked for, pictures were produced. Until HWB comes up with a way to prove hw sharing, this just goes in the pile with all the other "sour grapes" disputes that can't be positively proved.

That's pretty much the case, unfortunately. Pictures help a bit, but they're definately not enough to tell for sure if someone did or didn't share CPUs and/or GPUs. Let's hope rev. 4 will make things easier:)

PS: this is a general statement, not accusing anyone who provided pics when asked for it.

You're gonna have glimmering similarities when you're benching the same type of hardware and working together. Especially with this platform, majority of scores look insanely similar across many teams.

No doubt, this instance is no different, it looks the way it looks. They provided photographs and testimony indicating otherwise. Sadly, irregardless of innocence or guilt, the damage is done with the accusation of hardware sharing since its impossible to prove one way or another. Take it at face value.

Are we done yet with the bird dawging? or we gonna continue the vitch hunt?

[ATTACH]940[/ATTACH]

wow glad to see nothings changed....

he was a douche on our forums.... now he'll be a douche here...

pull up the panties guys ive benched alot of 2600k's and they all run pretty much the same damned way...

i think anyone who knows how to bench can attest to this fact.

as for the OP... troll away son... one day you may be an important internet icon...

It is true that Dentlord has been visiting for a few weeks. It is true that we have spent a small fortune on equipment and LN2 during that time. It is true that we may have benched with the same hardware where it was appropriate to do so.

Really Robert?

Both wearing t-shirts, shorts and sporting bad hair...definately something going on there, LOL! :)

Based on the screenshots and similarity, it was a valid question of "Hardware Sharing" imo. All the other personal shit and opinions are a non-point.

I don't like the whole situation with the accusations against former team mates but I've gotta say, Honda was there for a great many of the new

guys during they're climb from noob to nub status and beyond. Everyone is different, especially on the interwebs and we can't all get along on this

journey to see the wizard.

Besides, this arena for sorting out oc-crimes and such should be free of the fear of personal attacks so that people can feel comfortable when brining

up issues or problems. Totally understandable that things can swiftly be taken as offensive when dealing with friends and teammates. But, its no place

for bullying or personal vendettas. So lets try and deal with the issue at hand and be done with it. Keep it pro (well u know wut I mean).

brendan

this is hwbot, every submission is subject to question. this is not a personal vendetta as mr.scott is saying. mr.scott if you didn't know. i love my fellow oca then. i left but thats another story.

not all 580cu2 can clock like that. two gpus at the same frequency? unigine clocks 1418mhz

no two 2600k are similar... that is a general comment but seeing your submission raises questions...you can even ask dumo and splave... and massman(binned 50cpus)

as for same clocks..why didn't either one of you pushed higher clocks than the other?

alos your pics doesn't mean anything. your screenshots do.

as some have already messaged in private. i'll still ask for comments....

The data that was send along with the Unigine results has me puzzled, though. Can you elaborate on those two (how, when, etc)

Also, I'm unsure how you bench together, but there's always some days in between the results. It all adds up to the mystery :)

Edited by Massman

brendan

this is hwbot, every submission is subject to question. this is not a personal vendetta as mr.scott is saying. mr.scott if you didn't know. i love my fellow oca then. i left but thats another story.

Being once as a fellow team mate I would have thought that you would have at least contacted them thru PM asking any questions you might have had before jumping to the extreme like you did here and starting a thread like this. You know these two individuals and what they are capable of benching wise as well as hardware wise. I guess I thought more of you Honda. :(

Edited by drnip

The data that was send along with the Unigine results has me puzzled, though. Can you elaborate on those two (how, when, etc)

Also, I'm unsure how you bench together, but there's always some days in between the results. It all adds up to the mystery :)

I think we are forgetting that 3d benchmarks you can use the same CPU motherboard ram hdd LED fans, and fan controller lol. Maybe thats what they did? Much the way SR2s and REX+8600's are.

As far as submitting different days, perhaps they were trying to avoid looking like cheaters and having threads like this happen.

Its sad, I have my gtx-275 lightning ready to bench all insulated for 01 and the e-quake contest but I feel like people are going to label me a cheater heaven forbid the card clocks similar to someone else on my team. :x

wow you guys got two out of three cards doing past 1400 in Unigine, damn!

you two know how difficult it is to clock a 580 on unigine and 3d01..aren't they the long benchmarks as well?

even at moa eu 2011, i don't think there were similar 580 cores.