HWBOT Community Forums

The official MOA 2011 Team HWBOT Qualifier thread.

Massman

You guys are no fun.

It takes ballz ballz ballz of steel to wait to the last second and pray that the server traffic due to everyone logging in to find the out come doesn't slow it down so bad that the submit barely makes the timeline.

True story.

Quite futile though. I doubt anyone will start benching for a better score even if you post your scores a half an hour early. :)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crew

Will leeghoofd ever come out of the closet?

Now everybody knows where I live, thanks a lot B...

Really no time for this, need to review more, manufacturers breathing down my neck... and the latest SB I have tested monday evening is the pits :(

I had such high hopes for it as it posted almost in windows at 58X under air. I was gonna spank SOF hard ( even though I prolly needed 200mhz on raw cpu pwoer to get his efficiency lol ) On Monday it barely did 5.6 sigh stable... ( yes massman checked the settings, it was not entirely my private fail )

So very little notorious fail overclocking from me the upcoming weeks/months/lightyears... I' leave that to Christian Ney :D

Edited by Leeghoofd

just saw this score: http://hwbot.org/submission/2199839

not saying he's a cheater .. but it's suspicious to say the least.

51x or even 52x?

I scanned the rankings, best i saw for effec was a 5500 run at 138.076.

That said I tend to agree, maybe turbo kicked in by accident................

Some quick math.

The run I looked at effeciency rating ( lower is better )

The run in question.

Thats got to be one hell of a tweak.

More math.

Add 51X muti to the score in question.

effeciency = 755204.

hmmmmmmm...............

*Edit* keep in mind I scanned the rankings in the 5500 cpu range and took the best from that range, Effeciency is not always linear and best compared around the same clock speeds.

Edited by chew*

That's why at first there was a question about 'locked multi' proof during the test run...

We are all preety educated here on what is and is not possible and therefore further proof is not really needed in most cases.

It's never wise to jump to conclusions till the math is done however. It can make you and or the other party look bad.

After the what is and or is not possible is determined the next obvious step is to determine how and why, if the score was in no mans land say 745,00-750,000 effeciency range which would more than likely indicate a run done in the "middle" it could very well be written off as a bugged run.

That sort of narrows a bug out of the picture.

I stick by my final math though, the effeciency is to "spot on" when you calculate it at 51X.

Whether it was a turbo issue or intentional is up to hwbot admins.

Sandy Bridge 2600K,

same hardware config & settings, various operating systems & wPrime v1.55 - 1024m test:

WinXP x86 = 191.14s

WinVista x86 = 216.858s

WinVista x64 = 217.112s

Win7 x86 = 215.949s

Win7 x64 = 216.052s

Nice stats!

Anyway somebody might have got only 1.3-1.5s difference between XP & 7-64 at 2600K@4.15 GHz so this should not be taken too close ;)

you win7 tweaker you!

Unfortunately this won't help 'cuz I've already got two dead MSI LGA1155 boards with two killed cherry-sample 2600Ks. The one that I've borrowed sucks at high BCLK so my GAME seems to be OVER :/

Anyone more? -)))

Edited by cyclone