HWBOT Community Forums

AMD HD7970 fourth touch: 1680MHz and 14791 done...

SF3D

Hey man ... wanna pick my hardware too? :D

Hmm, where did you heard our secret? :D I must agree, that was my 7970 which was poorest air-overclocking one i have seen so Petri wanted to try it with LN2 so we made a deal.

I think Petri wont regret that deal at all, correct?

Edited by Asmola

So, not only is Asmola the guy who will do everything as long as you challenge him, he's also the one with the golden hand in Finland!

Asmola, I challenge you to find another good CPU! :P

At least im not afraid of taking challenges! :)

And not so sure about the golden hand, i ordered those from online store that you might know, so there is one goldenhanded storeman/consignor in Turku! ;)

Edited by Asmola

You need to have better GPU to keep scaling past 1600MHz. It is all about the GPU. My previous chip did not scale over 1500MHz, cause it was crap. This scales well up to 1600MHz but then it is starting to loose it's efficiency.

Well, would be cool to bin 10 cards and pick some good ones for 15K+ scores ;) This might not be able to do it, even the clocks would go 1700+ :(

So .. lets say Lightning/DCUII/Matrix hit 1800, there's a chance we'll still be stuck at 15K? lol amd always succeeds to fuck something up :D

Hehe..I hope custom pcb and custom bios will solve the scaling issues. If not, some 1800MHz scores will look ridiculous :)