HWBOT Community Forums

Open (re open) important discussion

Sure friend!

I think the rev 3 way was better...and only the best result get the score (1 score per benchmark), but some people agree...some people do not agree...and I understand is impossible to be 100% good for all...

But to enthusiast league, more $ means many more chances to get boints...even with not better scores...

This way, make sure will be more competitive...and if the guy want to bench 4 cards... he will keep doing a good job...since his 4 way were his better result.

I hope you understand

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could always make the enthousiast league less cash dependant by not allowing for example multi socket setups and 3/4-way GPU setups, if that's your problem. At least that's a solution to the problem.

The enthousiast league is not a low budget league, is only the different cooling.

Or did we need a hardware regulation for every league?

- pro must use 4 way GPU setups

- extrem musst use 3-way GPU setups

- enthousiast must use 2-way GPU setups

single setup is free for all........or only for me :D

I hope nobody understand me

I kinda like WhiteLions idea.... but to re-word it a little..... the people in each league can use UP TO that number of cards, not MUST use :)

But.... because it's air/water only, I kinda like the idea that with the option of 3 & 4 way GPU systems can still give them the chance to see big numbers (ok.... excluding the money factor)

Not for nothing but, wouldn't that be defeating the purpose of how the 3 leagues were broken down in the first place? In my understanding, the Pro league was for sponsored guys or guys that felt they could compete with sponsored guys on the same level. The other 2 remaining leagues were split via cooling method, to alleviate the 'we can't compete with the extreme cold guys fairly' bitching. It never had anything to do with cost of hardware. IMO, there should be no further break down of leagues than what I posted above. Can't afford a 3 or 4 card setup?, then you don't bench a 3 or 4 card setup and don't expect to compete with the guys that do. Common sense prevails here. What ever happened to KISS?

The question is not to "can afford" or can not afford 3 or 4 cards...

The question is to make more competitive...so give equal chance to who can afford...and to who can not afford multi GPUs (IMHO)

If hwbot give only 1 result per benchmark, people that can afford will take his better result (only the better)...and people that can not afford take their only result...

Against...

If hwbot keep the way is now... people that can afford the cards can post 1, 2, 3 and 4 results... and people that can not afford still take their ONLY result.

Only do not understand...and only do not see.... who do not want...

Lots of guys that can afford will be against to change....but lots of guys that can not affor will agree.

Edited by rbuass

Understood. I see no reason to not be able to get points in all 4 categories (1x-4x) cards, if you have the equipment. Why should you be limited to best score only if you have the means to be best in all of them?

Is not limite best score.

The best score will be able .... but only 1 score per benchmark...

So... everybody will take equal chances...

If the guy haves best score with 4 cards...or with 1 card... only will get his best score.

If the guy do not have 4 cards... he can compete same chances...and take his best score.

If the guy knows "for exemple" how to bench Unigine or 3DM11... and have 4 good cards in the air... he will take lots of points more than the guy that can do same work but only haves one card.

Is not limite best score.

The best score will be able .... but only 1 score per benchmark...

So... everybody will take equal chances...

If the guy haves best score with 4 cards...or with 1 card... only will get his best score.

If the guy do not have 4 cards... he can compete same chances...and take his best score.

If the guy knows "for exemple" how to bench Unigine or 3DM11... and have 4 good cards in the air... he will take lots of points more than the guy that can do same work but only haves one card.

Bummer. IMO, if somebody can excel in multiple categories (IE different card count) of the same bench, they should be rewarded for it. They should never have to take a back seat to somebody with a lesser score just because they can compete in other categories. I just can't understand how you think that would be fair.

Edited by Mr.Scott

I can not understand how a overclocker can think your way...

Once only the best score will be rewarded...and it WILL BE rewarded... why give more chance to who haves more cards,,,

If they've put the time, effort and money into it, I'm of the opinion they should be rewarded points for it.

Edited by Gunslinger

Have you ever thought of giving hwboint equally for any bench with any hardware not relative with number of the submission and keeping the same global point now?

Example HW points:

1° 3DMark 2001 SE with GTX 580 = 20 points (example)

1° 3DMark 2001 SE with GT 430 = 20 points (same drop points)

Example Global point:

Same as now

Maybe there will be problems at the beginning but after a few months good or bad hardware would be full all categories ...

Look at the existing categories, those that are almost always make more points is $ 200 + GPU, the card cheaper are almost empty, the skill of the overclock also rely on inexpensive hardware.

In this way also the categories of inexpensive hardware be a combat.

sorry for my english

P.S. I think that the important thing is ONLY the fun, I'm not interested in the points standings but the challenge

there are many cheap graphic cards and CPUs, just look at HD4870, HD4890, HD4850, the whole nvidia 8800 serie, nvidia GTX 2** serie and many more.

as for CPUs, just have a look at wolfdale or conroe.

nowadays you can find all this stuff at a very cheap price, if you are overclocking for fun (just like i do) doesn't matter if you have the latest 500 € GFX or you are using a second hand 50€ 8800 GTX. :D

there are many cheap graphic cards and CPUs, just look at HD4870, HD4890, HD4850, the whole nvidia 8800 serie, nvidia GTX 2** serie and many more.

as for CPUs, just have a look at wolfdale or conroe.

nowadays you can find all this stuff at a very cheap price, if you are overclocking for fun (just like i do) doesn't matter if you have the latest 500 € GFX or you are using a second hand 50€ 8800 GTX. :D

Fully agree, but it begs a question:

1) Why the "old" HD 4870 should make more points for a "new" (example) HD 6450?

At the time the answer is easy, because most users have posted results on the HD 4870 but we go a little deeper into the reasoning:

2) Why is the HD 4870 when output was used to bench by multiple users?

Simple, because it made global point.

Even more deeply into the reasoning:

3) Why do you seek nell'usato now anchors the HD 4870?

Even this simple answer, because having already been used for many bench (step 2) and therefore makes a lot of hardware points.

So doing 1 +1 is the result:

It overclocking a greater number of cards that make points.

At the end of this little argument we can deduce that if all the GPU from the beginning give high points for first place (eg type 20 points), at the time of a new model / series of GPU would be used ONLY cards that make global points but also the most economic ones at $ 20.

Add a small thing, in categories such as the HD 4870 you can earn 15 points with un'overclock from daily, almost 15 points given away only to be in possession of this card, overclock the reach of ANYONE

And just my little thought

Sorry, Google Translate xD