HWBOT Community Forums

Open (re open) important discussion

If I benchar multi VGA I also want to earn points, If I benchar with single VGA I also want to earn points, but if I have to buy my pocket multi VGA to get top 5, battled hard for it, there comes a guy like Andre Yang, and beyond me I will not be very happy, because I know andre yang is supported by Asus and has lots of VGAs to play, I had to pay for all my needs, andre yang do not need, this is what worries me, I do not say that he does not deserve it all, he fought hard for it he certainly deserves, But that's where the party is unfair, he gets results and makes it almost unbeatable, if I want to win support from some company I'll probably need to be in top 5, but with guys who win support, how one day I'll be top 5 if I can only benchar with single VGA, will be dificel not you think? I'll look forward to and I see guys with multi vga, if I want to be top5 will need to be a millionaire

I think this issue should be reviewed, Admittedly, the HWBOT is a kind of hobby, but I like this world and want to work with him, HWBOT is a door to my future, but with guys who have supported and multi-vga difficult is for me to get a support, I can not knock on the door and ask for support from MSI without first showing what I can do, MSI certainly will want a guy to support top5.

this is what I think, sorry for my english, sorry if I caused problems, it is my opinion, I support what rbuass said.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think nothing right that people who have more afford to buy four video cards and run them on stock cooler, deserve more than those people who do everything with a single video card, because there is no condition for it.

and even more in a country where such a card costs U.S. $ 1000.00

and a 3960x which costs more than U.S. $ 1400.00 quietly.

An overclocker as Rbuass not want to replace a board. + Mods. + LN2

for 4 cards running stock cooler because LN2 on 4 cards is a huge weight.

So I think each category, one-way, two-way, 3-way and 4-way, deserves a different treatment, for what would be 1-way forward if you can not progress only with that.

-I do not speak English, so I did the translation from Portuguese to English translator on google and I hope you understand.

The "andre yang" complaint isn't valid, as there are two leagues - the pro league is for people like Andre, if you play in that league you do it either because you asked for it yourself, OR because you have sponsors. The regular LN2 guys fight in the Extreme league.

I think rev. 3 had too much focus on single card benching. That's just my point of view. I'm happy with the change, as it gives people more options, instead of it being like you HAVE to focus on all benchmarks in singlecard to be able to compete at all. Yes, you probably need to have a slightly bigger budget now than before, but there are plenty of options if you want to run just one card + 2D. Plus, we allow CPU sharing for 3D, so it's perfectly possible for a team to save some cash that way.

FYI, if you'd be 1st in all 1xGPU benchmarks (8 BMs), you'd have ~1480pts. Or: 2nd.

Complicated to reach # 1 with Andre Yang (Asus, special BIOS and softwares, engineers, hardware a lot).

Currently, the world must fight for # 2, the first already has an owner.

rbuass and 99% of the world does not have the condition that Andre Yang is, we have only the # 2.

I'm not wanting to take the merits of Andre Yang, this is an excellent overclocker, however, is too complicated an overclocker (person) to compete with an overclocker (company).

Having a sponsor is different from being a company. Andre Yang is Asus, this is different from being sponsored.

If Shamino start sending results today for the hwbot, I'm sure all the first places it will be.

Shamino is the Hardware Bible, is the best, have access to things that nobody has, is a gentleman in the community.

Do not want to hurt anyone with my opinion, this is just my outlook on everything I see happening.

I do not speak English, I'm in the google translator, I hope you understand me.

Complicated to reach # 1 with Andre Yang (Asus, special BIOS and softwares, engineers, hardware a lot).

Currently, the world must fight for # 2, the first already has an owner.

rbuass and 99% of the world does not have the condition that Andre Yang is, we have only the # 2.

I'm not wanting to take the merits of Andre Yang, this is an excellent overclocker, however, is too complicated an overclocker (person) to compete with an overclocker (company).

Having a sponsor is different from being a company. Andre Yang is Asus, this is different from being sponsored.

If Shamino start sending results today for the hwbot, I'm sure all the first places it will be.

Shamino is the Hardware Bible, is the best, have access to things that nobody has, is a gentleman in the community.

Do not want to hurt anyone with my opinion, this is just my outlook on everything I see happening.

I do not speak English, I'm in the google translator, I hope you understand me.

http://hwbot.org/league/oc/ - ths is the league for non-sponsored guys. You don't get alot of free hardware+ Don't look at the pro league, it's not meant to be competitive for average Joe overclockers:D

When HWBOT will be fair again when just the best result will be valid , instead 2,3,4-way setup, where not is junt unfair in facility , but much easier when you live in countries where you can find all stuffs easier and cheap ... What HWBOT really wants , the best overclocker or the best overclockers suport ???

+ 1

• Crew

So we seem to run around in circles : one complaining dual and more GPU's don't get enough points, now another one tells single GPUs should rewarded more and multiple setups less... each class has it's own difficulties...

To me it seems some people are missing out on the fun part of benching and are mainly focussed on points points points,... Isn't the real issue to get freebies ?? In the end they get wound up by another bencher or maybe even a nOOb warehouse overclocker, that has access to more hardware then they... Well what's new ? That's life man, some will always have more toys to play with... Is that a crime ? Nope it isn't to me, it's just the way things are... and always will be... Newer rules will not change that...

I agree with Dino, things are already getting pretty complex and even more of these special individual rules will make it even worse to me... New rules should make benching in general more fun, not for one person, nor country...

And to be honest I'm getting a bit tired of saying how much LN2 and hardware costs each post again and again. If one can buy a +5900 SB CPU ( and we all know the price of them cherry picked CPUs), if you have access to 5.6 SB-E, sorry then budget is not an issue in my book...

If I offend anyone with this post, sorry for that. But it's life, as cruel as it gets... just face it !

Edited by Leeghoofd

So we seem to run around in circles : one complaining dual and more GPU's don't get enough points, now another one tells single GPUs should rewarded more and multiple setups less... each class has it's own difficulties...

To me it seems some people are missing out on the fun part of benching and are mainly focussed on points points points,... Isn't the real issue to get freebies ?? In the end they get wound up by another bencher or maybe even a nOOb warehouse overclocker, that has access to more hardware then they... Well what's new ? That's life man, some will always have more toys to play with... Is that a crime ? Nope it isn't to me, it's just the way things are... and always will be... Newer rules will not change that...

I agree with Dino, things are already getting pretty complex and even more of these special individual rules will make it even worse to me... New rules should make benching in general more fun, not for one person, nor country...

And to be honest I'm getting a bit tired of saying how much LN2 and hardware costs each post again and again. If one can buy a +5900 SB CPU ( and we all know the price of them cherry picked CPUs), if you have access to 5.6 SB-E, sorry then budget is not an issue in my book...

If I offend anyone with this post, sorry for that. But it's life, as cruel as it gets... just face it !

:celebration:

+1

I do not want to belong to Pro League...

At first touch looks good for me, but now, I know there are no the best place to me.

I work for Corsair....and the only hardware they provide to me was a couple of PSU, SSD and Ram.

Everybody knows that Cpu, Vga and MB was the main hardware is needed to overclock and get boints....but I always bought with my own money...

Further I started to work there since less than 3 months ago...

So I think my CPU, VGA and MB is not problem from no one... and I keep the idea that this way is plus not to the greater overclockers....but to who haves conditions to play multi cards...

If you do not agree....I understand and no comments...

Is easy to agree the another side when you never bench hard to compete against Pro League....

So... to me...my point of view...

I am not Pro League

I not agreed to add hwboints to more than 1 time per benchmark...

Who is both me.... and who is against... is easy to find and understand.

so We Seem To Run Around In Circles : One Complaining Dual And More Gpu's Don't Get Enough Points, Now Another One Tells Single Gpus Should Rewarded More And Multiple Setups Less... Each Class Has It's Own Difficulties...

To Me It Seems Some People Are Missing Out On The Fun Part Of Benching And Are Mainly Focussed On Points Points Points,... Isn't The Real Issue To Get Freebies ?? In The End They Get Wound Up By Another Bencher Or Maybe Even A Noob Warehouse Overclocker, That Has Access To More Hardware Then They... Well What's New ? That's Life Man, Some Will Always Have More Toys To Play With... Is That A Crime ? Nope It Isn't To Me, It's Just The Way Things Are... And Always Will Be... Newer Rules Will Not Change That...

I Agree With Dino, Things Are Already Getting Pretty Complex And Even More Of These Special Individual Rules Will Make It Even Worse To Me... New Rules Should Make Benching In General More Fun, Not For One Person, Nor Country...

And To Be Honest I'm Getting A Bit Tired Of Saying How Much Ln2 And Hardware Costs Each Post Again And Again. If One Can Buy A +5900 Sb Cpu ( And We All Know The Price Of Them Cherry Picked Cpus), If You Have access To 5.6 Sb-e, Sorry Then Budget Is Not An Issue In My Book...

If I Offend Anyone With This Post, Sorry For That. But It's Life, As Cruel As It Gets... Just Face It !

+ 9,999,999,999,999

I do not want to belong to Pro League...

At first touch looks good for me, but now, I know there are no the best place to me.

I work for Corsair....and the only hardware they provide to me was a couple of PSU, SSD and Ram.

Everybody knows that Cpu, Vga and MB was the main hardware is needed to overclock and get boints....but I always bought with my own money...

Further I started to work there since less than 3 months ago...

So I think my CPU, VGA and MB is not problem from no one... and I keep the idea that this way is plus not to the greater overclockers....but to who haves conditions to play multi cards...

If you do not agree....I understand and no comments...

Is easy to agree the another side when you never bench hard to compete against Pro League....

So... to me...my point of view...

I am not Pro League

I not agreed to add hwboints to more than 1 time per benchmark...

Who is both me.... and who is against... is easy to find and understand.

If you move back to OC league, then maybe guys will think some things are unfair in your advantage? You are one of the guys who are "in-between" which sucks now.... but what about in 6 months? One year? How long have you been OCing bro? :)

You are 7th in the Pro league. Are you sad because at the moment, No.1 is not something you can do? You are No.1 in your country. Only 3 people in Brazil can say that and pro league is at the top. Three people out of ~ 195 MILLION.

No friend...I only tryed to show the way I think...

People don't need to agreed...and is not forbidden think this way.

At democratic place, each one can tell theys own point of view, and mine and from others is the same.

I agreed hwbot create the rules and i follow the rules, but to my view rev 3 (when each bench could give you only one result)......was more competitive and fair (As I told...to my point of view).

If you move back to OC league, then maybe guys will think some things are unfair in your advantage? You are one of the guys who are "in-between" which sucks now.... but what about in 6 months? One year? How long have you been OCing bro? :)

You are 7th in the Pro league. Are you sad because at the moment, No.1 is not something you can do? You are No.1 in your country. Only 3 people in Brazil can say that and pro league is at the top. Three people out of ~ 195 MILLION.

No friend...sure I am not sad.

I am only defending the way I think is more correct.

;)

this "sport" is starting to get to a point where it's getting over-complicated and has one too many rules i swear. Every dude out there has an opinion his opinion is most important and wants shit to spin the way he imagines it will, where do you draw the line. No offence to rbauss or others but do you get what i'm saying....

the truth man. . .

We are talking only about Pro and Extreme Overclocking point of view....

Tell me now...

What about the guys that belong Enthusiast League.

Tell me that the guy with 4 cards have no many more chance to get hwboints that a guy that haves only one.

You can keep your argument....and tell I can compete with 2 VGAs (I still think is not the best way....but I agree and will compete 1 VGA or 2 VGA and do my best)....

But now... to the guy that much effort to buy one...and lose easy to guys that amount points with multi cards...

Further...there are many many few people that plays multicards at subzero...so multi cards + non sub zero just a good choice.

I hope you understand me