HWBOT Community Forums

Computex 2012: Who Is Going? Are there OC events?

Massman

Anyone of you overclockers up for a trip to the beach on the 9th or 10th? Kingpin is a self-proclaimed master of the "route to the beach" and knows a "good spot", so I'm pretty confident it'll be very good :D.

Just drop a post if you're in. So far:

- Dinos22

- Kingpin

- Massman

- Saaya

- Smoke

- Youngpro

Nice idea! Lets discuss it at first day at Computex

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GoriLLakoS

Me and Sofos will be at Taipei from 4th to 11th morning.

If we can go to the beach on 10th it would be great!

As far as i know on Friday 8th June Hicookie will have an OC Show in the morning at the Gigabyte Booth.

Hey guys, do you drink Greek Drinks? :D

Should we organise any parties/dinners during computex?

Me and Sofos will be at Taipei from 4th to 11th morning.

If we can go to the beach on 10th it would be great!

As far as i know on Friday 8th June Hicookie will have an OC Show in the morning at the Gigabyte Booth.

Hey guys, do you drink Greek Drinks? :D

yup me & cookie as well as hiwa & youngpro on last day :)

There are a couple of really big problems when it comes to parties/dinners during Computex. the first is venue, most places in taiwan get upset if you bring a large group of people and don't tell them. Of course they will want to charge you to hold the event but its mostly to make sure they have enough people working that night. Keep in mind most places there are extremely small so any group over 6 might be turned away. The other issue is money. I held an after party the past two years for my media friends and it wasn't cheap (and sometimes didn't work out since most had already left town or didn't want to attend). It was still fun but can get expensive really quick.

Not saying it can't be done, you just need a good "local" friend and a little planning.

Pretty long attendance list - almost CeBIT like!

Do you drink Greek Drinks? :D

:D

There are a couple of really big problems when it comes to parties/dinners during Computex. the first is venue, most places in taiwan get upset if you bring a large group of people and don't tell them. Of course they will want to charge you to hold the event but its mostly to make sure they have enough people working that night. Keep in mind most places there are extremely small so any group over 6 might be turned away. The other issue is money. I held an after party the past two years for my media friends and it wasn't cheap (and sometimes didn't work out since most had already left town or didn't want to attend). It was still fun but can get expensive really quick.

Not saying it can't be done, you just need a good "local" friend and a little planning.

Usually the plan would be to rely on Trouffman. That kind of works out most of the time.