HWBOT Community Forums

i7-3770K + ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z + LN2 = 6274 MHz

slamms

The decision is really simple: follow the rules. All ES will go to Pro League, only retail in the two others.

I know you understood my comment ...

If after 1-2 months the facts show that E0 stepping clocks far higher thatn E1 , how will people who don't have access to ES compete ? That's my only concern . We can't get ES CPU's ... and we won't buy ES CPUs .

Till now we have seen good and bad clocks from E0 cpus , but only bad clocks from E1 .

I hope everything works out .

Slamms ... I didn't notice that it was with P67/Z68 board . :)

In OC league you will compete against people who are not "allowed" to use E0 ES, just like you.

If you want to fight for global WRs, move into pro league and seek for E0 ES.

But personally, I think it's too early to judge ... how many actual retail CPUs have been tested under cold til now? :)

Oh, 1.10

I know it's too slow for dino.

Oh you tease!

I know you understood my comment ...

If after 1-2 months the facts show that E0 stepping clocks far higher thatn E1 , how will people who don't have access to ES compete ? That's my only concern . We can't get ES CPU's ... and we won't buy ES CPUs .

Compete where?

It's really simple: any ES will have to go to Pro League. That's the rule; it doesn't change if ES is slightly better than retail.

Oh you tease!

Compete where?

It's really simple: any ES will have to go to Pro League. That's the rule; it doesn't change if ES is slightly better than retail.

Compete in every rank at 2d & 3d . As much as there is money to spend , we can compete

Stelaras- 3 months and like 3 samples isn't enough. lol i am just taking down the numbers, but how many results are you going by? how many E1 samples have you seen? 1 or2?

Retails are not available here , so i'm just collecting information from what i have seen till now .

Is it bad to be concerned about it ??? I don't get it ... Many people are , but just because i like expressing my thoughts/feelings you have to "loL" ????

After the "A0-fiasco" it is a legit point to speak about the ban of some certain ES that tend to yield way better MHZ than any other CPU.

On Ivy it might be "under testing" for now but if it shows to be the same - I am seriously thinking about ruling out certain ES steppings for points at all...

...at some point people should be "pro-enough" to enter their scores on unavailable hardware without points...

...just my 2 penny...

I agree actually agree with you even though I have an E0 CPU. I hate when people who want to get into this sport, those who want to try Ln2 for te first time have the mentality that three is no way they can get the top points if they buy the hardware themselves, it kind of ruins the game up, however that is Intel's issue. I think Intel changes the CPu leakage only to make air OCing better, as the CPus already fall within TDP, and air OCing shouldn't' be a selling point, extreme OC should be. They have no competition in air OC, as their CPus are already so much faster than AMD, so why bother to limit high-end frequency and cold issues? That is where AMD has Intel beat.

I think that people should be able to get top scores with retail hardware, but for that to happen retail hardware has to be as good as ES, which if it isn't that is just not good. Like releasing a product, but not making enough to sell any, yea then you really support the community....

But i also don't expect HWBot to do more than put everyone with E0 into Pro league, nothing against HWBot but its a competitive based thing.

Edited by sin0822

• 2 weeks later...
  • Crew

i think you guys might be surprised and E1 might be better,

you have to remember for the samples that have been binned so far, a large portion are E0, compared to a small portion E1, so simple maths would tell us there is a far greater chance of finding better clocking chips in the large E0 part of the pie, compared to the tiny E1 slice

A0-fiasco blah, the only thing A0 ended up being better at was 32m, retail chips came through and clocked great

• Crew
After the "A0-fiasco" it is a legit point to speak about the ban of some certain ES that tend to yield way better MHZ than any other CPU.

...at some point people should be "pro-enough" to enter their scores on unavailable hardware without points...

how about we ban any retails that are amazing too, like the ones stewie and you were playing with in the past? lets also ban mods to GPU, because after mods they are no longer available to buy from retail shops

thats what the pro league is there for, so you can compete in whatever league you want and not complain for the sake of complaining

just my 2c worth

thats what the pro league is there for, so you can compete in whatever league you want and not complain for the sake of complaining

just my 2c worth

funny how you mix up "discussing" with "whining" and "complaining".

Anyway somehow you didn't get the point, mixed it up with retail things, so no need to take this any further...