HWBOT Community Forums

The case of the Lock-16X - What The F?

Massman

Alot have the 55 postcode bug my teammember ZZolio have 2 of those 55 postcode mobos

We have tryed anything but it wont come to life maybe we have to find the chip that deliver the voltage for the mem and mod it to higher vmem?

im having this issue "55"

i remember dual channel errors sometimes when one channel is bad...

so i tried 1 stick at a time. and blam it was fixed. but it happened again.

rams are good, but I'm thinking VCCIO is too low(less than 1.2v) . imc coldbug i'm guessing.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a warning to some. Asus boards don't clear the bios reliably. Can kill cpu "00" "FF" x.x

That's true!

Killed one good CPU that way :(

I always load the board to defaults in bios and reboot on LN².

If it say's 00 then I know it's safe to boot again on air.

Just a warning to some. Asus boards don't clear the bios reliably. Can kill cpu "00" "FF" x.x

Oh, I heard something similar from a team member. He thought he cleared the BIOS, but it didn't and he booted up at -ehem- high voltage.

interesting. I've tested a lot of different boards and never seen this 16x, odd one

are all the pins 100%?

Yes, the pins are completely fine.

I was able to recover with swapping out cpu. I think its got to do with ME implementation. I'm guessing at least one team @ MOA will get this issue. :D

I tried a Sandy Bridge to recover, but same issue :-/

well my gd65 is back to life, meaning no longer dead but still stuck at x16 and I tried for a good 3 hours today to get it to work but no luck....

Can you run at complete defaults and see what happens? If I run mine at default, it'll go to 35x turbo no issue. It's just when I start dialing in the settings myself that the ratio locks up in 16x.

Can you run at complete defaults and see what happens? If I run mine at default, it'll go to 35x turbo no issue. It's just when I start dialing in the settings myself that the ratio locks up in 16x.

I can try that today for sure, I also referenced msi motherboard team to this thread...hopefully will have some answers soon. I WANT TO BENCH! I have 3x3770k here and they all do this. I also let it sit for a couple days without the battery but no luck.

I also got stuck at 39x and also max memory strap 1600 :(

I tested board few hours on SS and after some restarts this appear .....

anybody have solution ?

no solution but EXACTLY the same issue again tonight 3rd board.

Main bios started with 39x max and no 266 memory strap

switch to other bios and all was good until

IMG_001732.png

game over

IMG_001737.png

bios options

before vs after

msBS0ftdtsdts004.png

sent the last board into the distro for assistance and they do not have a solution.

I also got stuck at 39x and also max memory strap 1600 :(

I tested board few hours on SS and after some restarts this appear .....

anybody have solution ?

I had the same issue, only oc_windforce seems to have a working board+cpu

Turned out that my cpu is dead too, or maybe that 55 code was only cuz of cpu. O.o

"55" is cpu imc not cooperating. tested on asus and msi board.

Turned out that my cpu is dead too, or maybe that 55 code was only cuz of cpu. O.o

My z77 gd65 survives only 1 hours of windows installation, and one or two boots on 4.4, after that I get stucked on code 55. Do not know yet if 3770k is still alive.

I got code 55 issues on asus board when I tried to use cpu without hs. That way cpu did not make good contact with some certain pins in the socket and I was always stuck at 55 code.

So can some of you 55 guys try your setup without mounting the cooler properly and let it just lay on cpu with it's own weight.

My random guess is, that there might be issues with socket soldering or pcb is just bending too much. But most likely the issue is in the socket area or I can be completely wrong of course.

I use electric cleaner spray a lot as I've had instances of ram not clicking the same as expected which was contact issue, don't touch the back of the chip with ya greasy fingers:p but I doubt that's the issue with James as both him and I go about this sort of stuff the same way