HWBOT Community Forums

TridentX + Z77X-UD5H: Set TRRD=7

Leeghoofd

• Crew
Leeghoofd,

what you get with BBSE in XMP setting?

and what is your BBSE setting for daily use with Vdimm 1.65-1.66v?

Thanks.

Same as your settings trp 13, also read out in bios correctly.

BBSEXMP.png

Lowered trp to 8 seems 32M stable at 1.65Vdimm

BBSEXMPtrp8.png

Edited by Leeghoofd

• 2 weeks later...
as far as the samsungs go, ED i reported this over and over. I also gave them a set of PCS of mine, so they could look into it too. Apart from the generic samsungs(b/c normal samsungs seems to OC very fine) and apart from PSC for the most part(as i am pretty sure I saw cookie OC with PCS off the charts man, he just put in all the timings manually) the other memory OC fine. So those two are on the list now for not fully compatible, shame too on the samsungs I bet it is something stupid. Are you using the most recent beta LSD? BTW what one thing that is EXTREMELY odd with the samsungs, try to just use 1 stick, i bet you will boot upwards of 2666. 2 sticks much lower, that shouldn't be. I also don't think it matters if you put the 1 sticks in DIMM1 or DIMM2.

There is some incompatibility with some kits, there are just so many DDR kits, however what i was trying to convery is always set XMP and then go from there with the GB boards.

Ya, I sent in a report a long time ago too, about the Sammy's and BFR's, the BFR issues have been corrected shortly after my report (I think, haven't tested with them much since sending in the report so can't be 100% sure on that) but nothing done with Sammy's yet. Surely this is just one or two settings they aren't giving us access too? I posted an image here earlier showing all the settings currently in the BIOS, some of which we cannot set because they are hidden so it could be those, or could be a setting they've not added at all yet?

Seems like it should be an easy fix, not sure what the hold up is? I don't have any G.Skills, nor any contacts there to check about getting a set for testing, and I've been super short on cash lately so I can't afford to pickup a set just for testing. It's the same IC's (At least for those w/ double sided samsung based kits anyway), and the G.Skills work, so not sure what's going on? I know you say it's XMP, but that shouldn't matter really once you set things manually. In any event, if it is a XMP issue, then flashing a XMP into those cheaper ones should work and it doesn't from what others say, so that says to me right there XMP present or not isn't the issue.

Still waiting for someone to share a XMP with me so I can test!!

PSC has not been a problem for me at all, what issues are you seeing or hearing about with PSC? I can push mine to 2600, and can run good settings at 2400 all day long, with several different PSC kits. Is there a known issue with those I've missed out on hearing about? If so let me know, maybe I know the key and should be sharing it but didn't know others were having problems? :D

I'm mainly using F8g right now, since that's what I started my review testing with, but I have flashed in plenty of the more recent betas each time one comes out and then I play/test for a bit and see if anything's changed in regards to certain things. No luck with Sammy's on any of them though. I'll try the single stick sometime and see if I can see what's stopping dual from working at above 2133, might be something silly like you mentioned, but I'm leaning more towards something missing in the BIOS or something hidden we can't adjust, otherwise they'd probably have fixed it by now.

Dino, why you so quiet on this issue? Hahahah! :D

As for your last comment about XMP, I never set it and don't have problems (With kits that work that is). And yes, I've tested setting it on Z77 and don't really see any difference, except when at stock ram speeds XMP vs auto is obviously different, but at 2400Mhz on a 1600Mhz kit I don't see how a 1600MHz XMP profile is going to help anything anyway?

Lsd,

can you mod this 1.01.7 version:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zn69761upz4aem1

thanks.

Yes, sorry for the late reply!

Here's the updated MOD Version @ Blacker black, darker blue, and added back in tREFIX9 for Z77 (sorry Leeghoofd, looks like I missed that on the previous upload I posted for you, uploaded wrong MOD version)

s3T8F.png

http://www.mediafire.com/?vh56pp6z7l6zp77

Edited by Lsdmeasap
  • Like 1

• Crew

Did the G.Skill review on the Gene V and found some extra stuff. Above 2400 they also set tWWSR to 7. Okay this decreases copy performance and might not be as efficient. But at least all of my sticks boot with just the main timings set... the user can fine tune, if he feels the need to...

Gigabyte Bios team must try to set some looser profiles to enhance ram compatibility. Allowing people to boot at high speeds with older/other sticks too. Think PJ mailed Tim about all of our findings. I hope they get it right on the P series, Dinos initial BBSE screenie on facebook at least looks promising.

Nice work on the tweakit Lsdmeasap :nana:

Ya, I sent in a report a long time ago too, about the Sammy's and BFR's, the BFR issues have been corrected shortly after my report (I think, haven't tested with them much since sending in the report so can't be 100% sure on that) but nothing done with Sammy's yet. Surely this is just one or two settings they aren't giving us access too? I posted an image here earlier showing all the settings currently in the BIOS, some of which we cannot set because they are hidden so it could be those, or could be a setting they've not added at all yet?

Seems like it should be an easy fix, not sure what the hold up is? I don't have any G.Skills, nor any contacts there to check about getting a set for testing, and I've been super short on cash lately so I can't afford to pickup a set just for testing. It's the same IC's (At least for those w/ double sided samsung based kits anyway), and the G.Skills work, so not sure what's going on? I know you say it's XMP, but that shouldn't matter really once you set things manually. In any event, if it is a XMP issue, then flashing a XMP into those cheaper ones should work and it doesn't from what others say, so that says to me right there XMP present or not isn't the issue.

Still waiting for someone to share a XMP with me so I can test!!

PSC has not been a problem for me at all, what issues are you seeing or hearing about with PSC? I can push mine to 2600, and can run good settings at 2400 all day long, with several different PSC kits. Is there a known issue with those I've missed out on hearing about? If so let me know, maybe I know the key and should be sharing it but didn't know others were having problems? :D

I'm mainly using F8g right now, since that's what I started my review testing with, but I have flashed in plenty of the more recent betas each time one comes out and then I play/test for a bit and see if anything's changed in regards to certain things. No luck with Sammy's on any of them though. I'll try the single stick sometime and see if I can see what's stopping dual from working at above 2133, might be something silly like you mentioned, but I'm leaning more towards something missing in the BIOS or something hidden we can't adjust, otherwise they'd probably have fixed it by now.

Dino, why you so quiet on this issue? Hahahah! :D

As for your last comment about XMP, I never set it and don't have problems (With kits that work that is). And yes, I've tested setting it on Z77 and don't really see any difference, except when at stock ram speeds XMP vs auto is obviously different, but at 2400Mhz on a 1600Mhz kit I don't see how a 1600MHz XMP profile is going to help anything anyway?

Yes, sorry for the late reply!

Here's the updated MOD Version @ Blacker black, darker blue, and added back in tREFIX9 for Z77 (sorry Leeghoofd, looks like I missed that on the previous upload I posted for you, uploaded wrong MOD version)

s3T8F.png

http://www.mediafire.com/?vh56pp6z7l6zp77

You mean the TridentX kit is the same as the ULV sammy?

If you look at the most recent BETAs, one or two of them have some work done properly with the Sammy's. Before you couldn't set lower than 1.5v but only with the samsung ULV, any other kit was fine. Then with this latest round of BIOSes there was a fix in there to allow the Sammy's to default at 1.35v, you can see if after you flash some betas. But yea in terms of easy 2400 no go.

As far as the PSC go, i am betting you set all your 2nd and third timings yourself right? A lot of guys can't do this.

Did the G.Skill review on the Gene V and found some extra stuff. Above 2400 they also set tWWSR to 7. Okay this decreases copy performance and might not be as efficient. But at least all of my sticks boot with just the main timings set... the user can fine tune, if he feels the need to...

Gigabyte Bios team must try to set some looser profiles to enhance ram compatibility. Allowing people to boot at high speeds with older/other sticks too. Think PJ mailed Tim about all of our findings. I hope they get it right on the P series, Dinos initial BBSE screenie on facebook at least looks promising.

Nice work on the tweakit Lsdmeasap :nana:

Yes, hopefully they get things ironed out soon!

Thanks, I wish I could figure out how to remove the green corners!

You mean the TridentX kit is the same as the ULV sammy?

If you look at the most recent BETAs, one or two of them have some work done properly with the Sammy's. Before you couldn't set lower than 1.5v but only with the samsung ULV, any other kit was fine. Then with this latest round of BIOSes there was a fix in there to allow the Sammy's to default at 1.35v, you can see if after you flash some betas. But yea in terms of easy 2400 no go.

As far as the PSC go, i am betting you set all your 2nd and third timings yourself right? A lot of guys can't do this.

Yes, that's what I meant, well at least for some of the early double sided samples anyway. Most are single sided now so it's not really a good comparison I suppose.

I did notice they've been working on the 1.35/1.5 issue, but that doesn't really help/affect the ability to use them above 2133MHz.

As for PSC, yes I do set 2nd/3rd timings myself, but auto works fine for me too most of the time (Just performance is not as good). What's the full IC model number of the ones you had issues with? XDY....A3G-A and XDZ....A3G-A work fine for me, I have a few other sets with similar IC's but I'm not 100% sure of hand what those model #'s are. But ya, in general you are right I do set those timings myself at higher speeds, but I start booting with auto and only adjust for better performance - not for stability or to make them bootable, ect.

Someone please share double-sided G.Skill Trident X 2400 XMP/SPD!! Thanks!

Yea that would be great.

yea it is interesting that some of them are single sided. I am guessing it depends on their price? the $100 kit is single sided.

It's just a case of "Review samples (And some early retail) Vs. current and 95% of what's out there" - from what I see anyway. This applies to the $100 kit mainly, some of the more expensive kits have always been better (Better IC / or Better Binned, Dual sided, ect) and have not changed IC or dual to single like the $100 kit has.

Just tested a single stick tonight, but only for about 10 minutes as it was easy to see the outcome no matter what. Fine up to 2200 even at 1.55-1.6, no go at 2400 no matter how loose you set anything or how high you set the voltages (Tested up to 1.86). There is a hidden setting we can't adjust causing this, or a relevant/required setting missing from the BIOS, no way they could work at 2133-2200 so easily and then just stop dead in their tracks when trying 2400

Edited by Lsdmeasap

my kit is seen OK > TRRD =AUTO = 7

damn it, why do you guys think i see every thread on every forum and in a timely manner LOL!!!!

hey goofball, i got masbo an early board so you guys can mess around, any help is good help. it's not being ignored boys just lots going on. this is good feedback

Edited by dinos22

Sorry Dino, didn't meant to poke on ya like that! :D And really, I was more wondering why you hadn't commented anywhere about the Samsung HYKO above 2133/2200 issue

You can use spdtool .63 on X58 boards, and P67 I think, not sure about Z68 - but I know it doesn't work on Z77, at least not for reading from the installed memory but you can open and read SPD's with it on Z77. Whenever I need to flash a SPD I do it on X58 just because it's easier that way for me since I know that chipset works, that way I'm not spending time trying with 5 other boards until I find a working one :D

As for the initial issue mentioned here, I don't see it as a board/BIOS issue from what I can tell, I mean it looks like tRRD is setting correctly in auto for many speeds I tested and posted about previously.

Edited by Lsdmeasap

Thanks for your input.

Seems I must change my 2600K soon.

No problems here with BBSE and 2500k/Z77 at the timing/speed you mentioned, email in route with more info

1yDRo.jpg

Quick and dirty settings, and testing = no tweaks & voltage guesses :D

Thanks ! Now tWCL setting :P = tWL ?

Sorry, I missed this previously! Ya know, I thought that, so I changed it so I wouldn't get lost... but now I see this might not be the case!

Dino will have to confirm for us, or I'll try to ask the BIOS guys soon. I don't think tWL is the same as tWCL, related but not the same and we really need tWCL in the BIOS so hopefully they will add it soon if they've not just simply named tWCL to tWL (Unlikely, but ya never know?)

Edited by Lsdmeasap

• Crew
Sorry, I missed this previously!

No problem I'm used to being ignored :P

Hey goofball, i got masbo an early board so you guys can mess around, any help is good help. it's not being ignored boys just lots going on. this is good feedback

We are working on it boss ! you got mail soon !

Edited by Leeghoofd

No problem I'm used to being ignored :P

Honest, I never ignore anyone!! I really missed it, sorry bud! :)

Anyway, I wanted to show you this, seems Franck thinks the same as I did on his new CPU-Tweaker

twcltwl.jpg

http://www.tweakers.fr/download/CPU-Tweaker.rar

Hopefully Dino will see these concerns and let us know what's really what! Either tWL=tWCL or they are both currently locked to the same values, as both reflect changes in the BIOS to tWL. They should be adjustable separately I believe.

Anyway, if tWL does not = tWCL in GBT BIOS then they need to add tWCL into the BIOS for us, as it's very important for memory overclocking sometimes! That might even be the key issue or at least part of the issues with the cheap Samsungs!

Don't change in windows with either app, it'll crash ya out! At least it does me at my current settings, up or down causes crash even if I raise first in the BIOS and try to lower back to original value in windows.

I also just noticed a few days ago, you can change CAS on the fly with MemTweakit, very cool! Hopefully Franck can make CPU-Tweaker like that!

Here are some SPD files ...

The gskill2400c10 original is from the single side , but i modded it for dual side . Haven't tried it yet , because my thaiphoon version only works on P67 boards and i have to setup my old P67 ...

You can also use the 2400CL11 SPD from the ripjawsz (dual side) . It also have an XMP profile at 2400Mhz

None of these SPD's could make my low profile HYK0 boot higher than 2200 Mhz on UD5H board . I could run 2850Mhz with other rams like 2800Mhz kingston . Also no problems with BBSE & PSC at 2550+ Mhz .

My HYK0 on maximus z77 gene & formula can run spi32m at 2666Mhz+ with less than 1.7V .

Ed

TWL in GIGABYTE bios is tWCL in that tweaker software yes

i dont think you can change TWL=tWCL on the fly though, it requires a reboot

Stelaras, do you have a specific part number or even photo of the ram you are using please?

Edited by dinos22

Here are some SPD files ...

The gskill2400c10 original is from the single side , but i modded it for dual side . Haven't tried it yet , because my thaiphoon version only works on P67 boards and i have to setup my old P67 ...

You can also use the 2400CL11 SPD from the ripjawsz (dual side) . It also have an XMP profile at 2400Mhz

None of these SPD's could make my low profile HYK0 boot higher than 2200 Mhz on UD5H board . I could run 2850Mhz with other rams like 2800Mhz kingston . Also no problems with BBSE & PSC at 2550+ Mhz .

My HYK0 on maximus z77 gene & formula can run spi32m at 2666Mhz+ with less than 1.7V .

Thanks Stelaras!!

I don't think modifying a single side SPD for dual side is going to work, since the dual side ones we need use different IC's. The single use Hynix and the dual use Samsung, that's why the dual side SPD is needed to try and attempt using it with the Sammy's

I'm not sure on the dual sided C11 Ripjawsz, do you know if those are Samsung IC? What about the Team SPD, do you know if that is double sided Samsung kit?

That's all I can do with the Sammy's too on Z77/X79, 2200 or so. Easy booting there, but dead stop at anything past that no matter what you do, even setting CAS 11-12, super loose timings for everything else, voltages 1.8-1.9, ect. Nothing works, and these work fine and proper at 2400-2600+ on other boards as you mention, and the IC's are used on many other kits that don't have issue going above 2200.

Ed

TWL in GIGABYTE bios is tWCL in that tweaker software yes

i dont think you can change TWL=tWCL on the fly though, it requires a reboot

Stelaras, do you have a specific part number or even photo of the ram you are using please?

Thanks for the confirmation on tWL!! The reason we are discussing it is because I changed the blue version of Mem Tweakit's lable from tWL like the BIOS to tWCL (Red version shows tWL), so that's how we got started talking about this.

These are Samsungs we have issues with, both links have good shots of the IC's and ram info

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Samsung/MV-3V4G3/3.html

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/memory/samsung_green_8gb_vlp_1600mhz_kit_review/2

See this thread also, I'm sure you've been here a time or two :D

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?277635-Ultra-low-profile-1.35v-30nm-DDR3-capable-of-2400MHz.-Perfect-for-SFF-builds./page28

The BIOS team should already have a set for testing because Sin0822 sent them a set, and I know they've used them to already correct the 1.35/1.5 auto voltage issue.

They actually got their own set now(matching batch numbers too), so i can have my sticks back to play with(mine are a mismatched pair of batch number even though it doesn't matter haha)! :D There is hope i think.

Are you going to leave it tWCL? or change it to tWL?