HWBOT Community Forums

TridentX + Z77X-UD5H: Set TRRD=7

Leeghoofd

They actually got their own set now(matching batch numbers too), so i can have my sticks back to play with(mine are a mismatched pair of batch number even though it doesn't matter haha)! :D There is hope i think.

Are you going to leave it tWCL? or change it to tWL?

Nice to know! I wondered why you had to send them your kit anyway? I thought surely Samsung would be willing to send them a kit, or since they are so cheap they could easily buy a set, but I guess maybe it's not that easy to find in HK/Taiwan?

In the mod version I will leave at tWCL, unless you guys all think I should change it back to defaults so it matches the BIOS? Or were you more asking Dino if they planned to change the BIOS to say tWCL since that is what it is? (Suggested!)

i haven't seen that thread before actually but now i know about it and will email bios team with both this and XS threads to look at!

Haha, sorry man! There I go again assuming you are everywhere at once, I'll try to cut back on that! :D I just thought since you frequent XS so often that you'd have ran across that thread more than a few times by now, but I guess not.

Anyway, ya that thread will show them what's possible with these kits, then hopefully they can figure out why GBT boards are holding them back / limiting them to the 2200 divider.

Hope they can figure it out, as that would make MANY people happy!! I personally only grabbed a set because of how cheap they were, so I could test things when helping others since so many users purchased these due to that XS thread and the huge one at OCN here.

Otherwise I'll normally be running BBSE or PSC at 2400+ anyway as that's no problem and they sticks look much better than the naked Sammy's :)

Edited by Lsdmeasap

Well this was a while ago, and I just sent them to they could look at them and see if they were getting the same results as i was. I think they had their own kit back then, but the more the merrier, some kits might not do as well as others. However many times it is best for manufacturers to go out and buy their own kits, to get the retail product which the end user will use. Also I don't know how popular the samsungs are over in Taiwan, I know in Europe they are hard to get so it might be the same in some other select regoins. The whole green thing is probably much bigger in the states.

Also the samsungs have no XMP like other kits that have to be evaluated and added to the QVL.

I think you should make it like the GB BIOS so it is easier for new users to use.

• 3 weeks later...

As I just get TeamX last week,cann't say.

But D3H clock well with my BBSE.

Most important is to understand second and third subtiming and apply to specific memory kit.

Btw,

2400 .....9-11-11-21-1

10656732.jpg

Edited by stasio

Patrick got it figured out, what was the cause of the issue?

temperature of the ICes or something, so he said he had a few tricks up his sleeve and took care of it. I guess something that wasn't set for non XMP kits is my guess.

It was odd because at a cold boot he and I could both once in a while boot up at 2400mhz depending on the board, UD5H it worked for him, and UP5 it worked for me twice. Anyways this fix works all the time, if you set your memory and don't touch it, i can boot up on a cold boot, or i can restart the machine 50 times and have the same OC and stability, I tested those two conditions many times on both boards. Ran 32m many times both at 2400 and 2600. I didn't try 2666, i was already at 1.7v lol.

if anyone is wondering i used these timings:

Yea try this:

Auto

Auto

T1

Auto

Auto

Edited by sin0822

• Crew

Guys I want the GB board to boot at 2600 without a XMP profile loaded. Yes indeed with subtimings set to AUTO. That was the intention why I started this thread :P If you start to set tRSSR and co to 6 ofcourse it will boot... We don't need magic bios fix for that :P

FYI I can't get the Plats working properly on the UD5H, without pumping wacky voltages... can you plz share the new bios asap to verify if something has changed in RAM OC behaviour...

Edited by Leeghoofd

• Crew

Reflashed F10X, first flash seemed bonkers. Board hang at bios screen and nothing, not even XMP profile worked anymore (

) . Reflashed, reset cmos, loaded optimised defaults, powered down and rebooted seemed to fix the hanging screen and previous XMP problem. But but but...

Nothing seems to have changed for my hardware setup or the topic of this thread... Some now known subtimings are still too tight if left on AUTO... sigh...

If I change TRRD to 6 and tRRSR and tWWSR to 5 she boots fine at 2666Mhz... otherwise 15-03 switch off... or I can load the XMP profile wOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOt, but that's for pussies :P

Edited by Leeghoofd

so you messed up a simple BIOS flash?

Zeneffect said that his flares kit now is much easier to work with with this BIOS. I would say things that mattered where made better, you obsession with wanting timings that are to tight to be loosened is just a tad odd. IDK anyone other than you who refuses to load modern XMP profiles.

Edited by sin0822

so you messed up a simple BIOS flash?

Zeneffect said that his flares kit now is much easier to work with with this BIOS. I would say things that mattered where made better, you obsession with wanting timings that are to tight to be loosened is just a tad odd. IDK anyone other than you who refuses to load modern XMP profiles.

I never, ever load XMP profiles, I prefer the old fashioned way by manually setting primary/secondary timings.

Hopefully the UD3H gets the fix soon, it was a nightmare trying to get c7 Flares to boot at 2600c8 with tight subs, I had to use the 2400 divider and then raise bclk to get there because the 2600 divider was a no go. Plus profiles are beyond broken, at least once you save them they are.

Although Albrecht is correct you should be able to boot at 2600 on auto, just saying.

. . .but I agree that tighter timings are better than looser and the UP5 is pretty efficient with auto settings and seems to work a bit better than it's predecessors, so can I haz UD3H bios:D

I never, ever load XMP profiles, I prefer the old fashioned way by manually setting primary/secondary timings.

Hopefully the UD3H gets the fix soon, it was a nightmare trying to get c7 Flares to boot at 2600c8 with tight subs, I had to use the 2400 divider and then raise bclk to get there because the 2600 divider was a no go. Plus profiles are beyond broken, at least once you save them they are.

Although Albrecht is correct you should be able to boot at 2600 on auto, just saying.

. . .but I agree that tighter timings are better than looser and the UP5 is pretty efficient with auto settings and seems to work a bit better than it's predecessors, so can I haz UD3H bios:D

How are the profiles broken? Their real use is to go from one board with the same BIOS to another board with the same BIOS.

Some things random things even in the non OC section might change or be added in separate BIOSes, they will cause issues with the profiles, like CPu PLL OV is one of them.

I have made and distributed profiles on the UD3H what BIOS or what were your issues with the profile sharing?