HWBOT Community Forums

TridentX + Z77X-UD5H: Set TRRD=7

Leeghoofd

No worries I am sure they will resolve it in a bios update, however in the meantime I have other boards to play with.

so F6X lost the ability to run 32m at 2600?

so you would stick with F5B for the UD5H/UP5?

I went back to F5B for UP5. For UD5 I use F5 bios. its been the best bios for me so far, but some people dont like it. I dont know why, it seems the most "workable" to me.

What the f**k is my affiliation with GB that is different than yours?

You are FAE or 'technical' marketing, same as dino, only dino has the balls to admit it, and not manipulate.

To my knowledge, Leeghoofd is a hobby overclocker, and not a professional representing a company - I might be wrong, but I do think that was the difference he was refering to.

Alby; I admire that you keep on fighting for a better BIOS, I gave up after trying 9 of them(sorry, 12 was total amount across 2 boards), I simply just ended up branding the board as insuffecient, due BIOS.

Great hardware all the way through, it really is a pitty that the BIOS doesnt justify the hardware, Gigabyte used to have the best, but tides have changed - I am still waiting for another change, bringing my favorite motherboard vendor back on top of the game.

pro;

Problem for many(hint hint; ME, the GINGER), is that if you dont have a XMP, such as when you are binning cheap samsung ram - you are pretty much fucked.

EDIT; Fixed count, 3 BIOS tried on another board, 9 on UD5H... Pardon my ignorance of fast posting!!

Edited by M.Beier

He is neither one of those. He's just an end user like you but he knows what he's doing/talking about so you confuse him with a paid professional

:D

You are FAE or 'technical' marketing, same as dino, only dino has the balls to admit it, and not manipulate.

To my knowledge, Leeghoofd is a hobby overclocker, and not a professional representing a company - I might be wrong, but I do think that was the difference he was refering to.

Alby; I admire that you keep on fighting for a better BIOS, I gave up after trying 12 of them, I simply just ended up branding the board as insuffecient, due BIOS.

Great hardware all the way through, it really is a pitty that the BIOS doesnt justify the hardware, Gigabyte used to have the best, but tides have changed - I am still waiting for another change, bringing my favorite motherboard vendor back on top of the game.

pro;

Problem for many(hint hint; ME, the GINGER), is that if you dont have a XMP, such as when you are binning cheap samsung ram - you are pretty much fucked.

As for PSC/BBSE, it seems to come down to specific kit compatibility. I'm not surprised Zen's kit is working so well; Hicookie has one that works perfectly too. Pt1t had one that was doing 1270+ 8-11-7 with 1.72V at the GBT France office too (later it no longer worked). When I tested the BBSE in GBT France, couldn't get it to run anywhere near 1250 8-12, but when swapping out for the 2nd-gen Flare kit those speeds were easy.

Some kits just work and others really don't. It has very little to do with IMC quality or 'effort'.

• Like 1

as far as PSC is concerned, Ive gotten all my PSC kits to work at 2600 with the right amount of "effort"

granted, its not as easy as it should be, but it is doable. The statement that some kits "simply do not work" does not reflect the behavior that I'm seeing. some kits are a royal pain in the ass but they do work. All timings are put in manually btw, I dont know if this is a key difference between your end user experience and mine in this matter.

• Like 1

As for PSC/BBSE, it seems to come down to specific kit compatibility. I'm not surprised Zen's kit is working so well; Hicookie has one that works perfectly too. Pt1t had one that was doing 1270+ 8-11-7 with 1.72V at the GBT France office too (later it no longer worked). When I tested the BBSE in GBT France, couldn't get it to run anywhere near 1250 8-12, but when swapping out for the 2nd-gen Flare kit those speeds were easy.

Some kits just work and others really don't. It has very little to do with IMC quality or 'effort'.

Was this with auto subs or tightened down secondary and tertiary timings?

as far as PSC is concerned, Ive gotten all my PSC kits to work at 2600 with the right amount of "effort"

granted, its not as easy as it should be, but it is doable. The statement that some kits "simply do not work" does not reflect the behavior that I'm seeing. some kits are a royal pain in the ass but they do work. All timings are put in manually btw, I dont know if this is a key difference between your end user experience and mine in this matter.

Maybe I should rephrase my statement. I never got them to work consistently. Every kit managed to do 2600C8 at some point, but hard reboots or CMOS clearing would break that capability.

Was this with auto subs or tightened down secondary and tertiary timings?

Tried any combination of auto/manual/loose/tight main/secondary/tertiary timings.

But I might just be missing something. If someone can give me a clue, I'll set up the rig right away :)

Maybe I should rephrase my statement. I never got them to work consistently. Every kit managed to do 2600C8 at some point, but hard reboots or CMOS clearing would break that capability.

So all 32M stable I assume, just resetting/clearing cmos and reentering timings to get it back up and running.

Tried any combination of auto/manual/loose/tight main/secondary/tertiary timings.

But I might just be missing something. If someone can give me a clue, I'll set up the rig right away :)

Hey don't forget me I need that clue as well:D

Well good to know that it needs finessing and does work, sometimes.

Edited by l0ud_sil3nc3

So all 32M stable I assume, just resetting/clearing cmos and reentering timings to get it back up and running.

Yes, 32M stable.

No, if it was just a matter of re-entering timings/voltages to get it back up and running, it would be consistent behavior :). The problem is that same settings result in different behavior.

I'd have to agree with this statement. It is not consistent, though when I actually WANT to get it to run at desired speed, I can... it just takes a while and more effort than it should.

as far as "missing" something? yes you are... good bbse. The blue ripjaws (both kits) work without issue 100% of the time. :P

Do you think that when one kit works 100% and another kit doesnt, but sometimes does that there a variance in the spd? im willing to put up a thaiphoon burner dump of the blue ripjaws that i have if you want to experiment?

Edited by zeneffect

What about with F10X or F6X on the UP5 TH is it more or less consistent? I ask because the test BIOSes use a different start up sequence which bypasses issues with thermals.

With this BIOS i noticed if one goes back in and changes a setting on the samsungs(like even go from 26x to 24x) then it might fail to boot, however booting with that memory timings set over and over isn't and issue either is a cold boot from the cold boots i tested. To make it boot again one must reset the CMOS and either load your profile or not.

IMO even if i set all the timings manually it is still a good idea to set the XMP profile, that way the timings int he background are consistent, some of those timings change also with dividers.

Edited by sin0822

I'd have to agree with this statement. It is not consistent, though when I actually WANT to get it to run at desired speed, I can... it just takes a while and more effort than it should.

as far as "missing" something? yes you are... good bbse. The blue ripjaws (both kits) work without issue 100% of the time. :P

Do you think that when one kit works 100% and another kit doesnt, but sometimes does that there a variance in the spd? im willing to put up a thaiphoon burner dump of the blue ripjaws that i have if you want to experiment?

Please do upload the SPD of your good kit - I'm willing to try everything (no, not in that way) to get 2600C8 running smoothly.

This kit is not strong enough?

ripjawsx.jpg

• Crew

Did 2600 c8-11-8 1.85Vdimm on these PJ, one time lol for the 5ghz compo :P

I had major issues with F10X on UD5H regarding daily stability :

- erratic LAN port behaviour that stops working, never had it with F9, now daily 2-3 times I loose the port, lappie still works fine... so it's not the internet con, nor router...

- sometimes complete freeze at bios logo, if it passes the logo the rig is stable

Main UD5H issue atm : manual timings nor XMP profile working with 16Gb Corsair 2666C10 kit. 2400Mhz is stable, from 2600 it doesn't boot...

@Dumo you have the 16Gb tridentX kit can you check plz if it works fine with your kit. If so, can you plz pass timing details via GTL or memtweakit. I'm cross checking with the Gene board as the Corsairs work there at 2800mhzC11...

• Like 1

@Dumo you have the 16Gb tridentX kit can you check plz if it works fine with your kit. If so, can you plz pass timing details via GTL or memtweakit...
Works fine with G/F/E

screenshot011lp.png

Green PCB > Black PCB (in most cases)

Green and black pcbs

screenshot045y.png

Edited by dumo

well... here is the SPD of one of the blue ripjaws I have that give me no headache at all. hope it helps, I will keep my fingers crossed.

I've compared the SPD with the ones I have here and they seems 100% identical. Your kit has a green PCB?

If one type of PCB works better than the other, would that point to an electrical compatibility problem rather than SPD or weak mem IC? It would line up with the idea that you need to finetune the ref voltages?