HWBOT Community Forums

Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666C11 kit

• Crew

Instead alike Dino just showing off the brand new Corsair Dominator Platinums on facebook I'd rather share some quick results with you guys.

First the mandatory pictures :

IMG_4110.jpg

IMG_4121.jpg

IMG_4122.jpg

Heatspreader design is nicely crafted and stunningly looking. But they are rather tall and thick, might not be ideal for those that run air cooled setups.

Quick OC test with two dimms on the Gene V

2800Mhz 11-13-13 1.675Vdimm 32M stable, tightening tertiary subtimings and C11-13-12 needed a small bump to 1.69Vdimm.

pi322800.jpg

Further tightened 2800Mhz to C11-12-12, sadly couldn't complete the PI 32M runs at 1.735 Vdimm. Prolly needs a bump in voltage there... but first the quad test for the article then more voltages...

pi322900.jpg

2900Mhz C11-13-13 1.725Vdimm -- tried 2912Mhz but hardlocks after loop 4-5 (had similar wall with the TridentX kit) booting at 2933 is 23 error :rolleyes:

PICTURES ARE BIG SIZE TO ENJOY THE LOOKS OF THESE DIMMS and to piss off massman

Edited by Leeghoofd

• Crew

For the die hard benchers we all know these will not be the best option Sam... new GTX will be hopefully for Corsair the new performance king a la GTX2... The plats are not intended to be Corsairs new flagship dimms... but more of an inbetween of design, bling bling and performance...

IMG_4132.jpg

pi32280016GB.jpg

Edited by Leeghoofd

• Crew

Why not even bring back PSC :) Still in love with my crippled Flare kit :P

We have to settle with Samsung, Hynix and co lads... Biosses logically are also optimised for these high capacity dimms... Blame SAM, as he has got all the good BBSE's left on this blue planet :P

Vivi, if you're with PSC on air it's best to aim for 1250 8-11-8 at ~1.85 and use very tight subs (LB5 or so if you're on ASUS).

Good PSC like your PNY will run 32M at 1333+ 8-12-8 on air but such freqs are useless as you can't run them tight.

@Albrecht - my entire BBSE collection consists of one 2133C8 kit which is worse than yours. websmile has three, someone needs to rob him while at CP in Berlin :D

I've found Samsung to be pretty good for me on air. I don't have any BBSE and have no desire to bin another IC so I'll stick with my Team Xtreem sticks on air. 2730 9-12-12 and tight subs gets me some pretty nice performance. Then I have some nice PSC for subzero to take that further.

Samsung has it's uses. :)

• Crew
Vivi, if you're with PSC on air it's best to aim for 1250 8-11-8 at ~1.85 and use very tight subs (LB5 or so if you're on ASUS).

Good PSC like your PNY will run 32M at 1333+ 8-12-8 on air but such freqs are useless as you can't run them tight.

@Albrecht - my entire BBSE collection consists of one 2133C8 kit which is worse than yours. websmile has three, someone needs to rob him while at CP in Berlin :D

that makes alot of sense thanks! cause i've been wondering what makes the ram tick..

Sorry for thread jack, done now :)