HWBOT Community Forums

Clarification in PCMark'05 about Tweaks // Tricks allowed

Sweet

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything with TW over say maybe 40k, for sure anything over 50k was probably using (what is now) banned tweaks?

Maybe less then that for 1x core?

edit - if an individual thinks his tweak is legit - pm Master Pro and explain it to him but don't get your hopes up :)

#2 edit - for older cpus (E84, E86, Q66, E66 ...) make that probably anything over 30k is probably using (what is now) banned tweaks?

For 1x core probably anything over 15k is probably using (what is now) banned tweaks?

Edited by SteveRo

• Crew
Anything with TW over say maybe 40k, for sure anything over 50k was probably using (what is now) banned tweaks?

Maybe less then that for 1x core?

edit - if an individual thinks his tweak is legit - pm Master Pro and explain it to him but don't get your hopes up :)

#2 edit - for older cpus (E84, E86, Q66, E66 ...) make that probably anything over 30k is probably using (what is now) banned tweaks?

Yes Steve these values ​​seem very accurate within the microprocessors that I used.

Imho.

Text Edit, is very evident by the massive increase in the subtest 400-500 page/s , include 650 page/s is normal, but 350.000 page/s is wrong

Web Page Rend., Too, I think 45-50 page/s, is normal, but 70-90 is undoubtedly wrong

Everything depends on the microprocessor and graphic card used

Edited by Sweet

Blocked most top scores. I will continue tomorrow, got 4.5h sleep tonight, so kinda tired :P I wonder if there will be any complaints... THanks fr the help on these numbers.

WPR would be cool to know as well. And Audio compression.

WPR is tougher to call, there are many legal tweaks for this subtest.

On 6ghz ivy's - probably WPR of 75, (maybe even 80) and lower is good?

For 1x semprons - WPR of 30 maybe 35 is probably good?

Steve, check original post in thread. It has been updated.

Also, regarding 'normal' scores, check Gluc's recent Core2Duo sub:

http://hwbot.org/submission/2323429_gluvocio_pcmark_2005_core_2_e8400_(3.0ghz)_44665_marks

33k Transparent Windows (with Mouse and Bob80's on 3960X @ 7970 I only get 25k)

50 Web pages/s

~6k Audio/Video (about what I get with a 3960X OC + reg tweak, but he gets on C2D)

345 pages/s Text Edit

That's about right, though I'm not sure what he's doing Transparent Windows wise. Some other tweak I do not know probably

• Crew
I was trying to be courteous :)

What I am trying to say is scores above these levels were probably obtained using banned tweaks.

Ahhh, I thought you were asking something I did not understand, sorry :P

http://hwbot.org/submission/2323429_...z)_44665_marks

50 Web pages/s

~6k Audio/Video (about what I get with a 3960X OC + reg tweak, but he gets on C2D)

345 pages/s Text Edit

That's about right, though I'm not sure what he's doing Transparent Windows wise. Some other tweak I do not know probably

I was looking at that and there's something ....maybe another new tweak

http://hwbot.org/submission/2323429_gluvocio_pcmark_2005_core_2_e8400_(3.0ghz)_44665_marks

50 Web pages/s

345 pages/s Text Edit

Denis - If you would, please pm Mr. Pro with you tweaks for TW, thanks.

I had round 10k on sempron and 30k with core 2 and 37k with i7 in TW. Only Download an other theme and install it;) WebPR is very good tweakable 65 pages with i7 975 so on ivy 80 pages is normal:) But before blocking new scores, ask the Guys first about there secrets.

6k Audio with core 2 is absolut normal.

Edited by Moose83

• Crew
@Pro, your 80k+ TW was this done with flash 2 Desktop? Or only registry:)

moose im removing all my scores back to 40k, i cant delete some and need to ask other moderators, as i previously said, clarified enough for you?

its registry + scripting btw, i never used flash desktop

Edited by pro

• Crew

okay guys, between the mods we have brought the WR back to acceptable levels, but we are still auditing scores as we go

i am really disappointed that some people are still submitting and ignore what we have said about rule revisions, this isnt a game, keep violating the rules blatantly and you will receive more than blocked results

50 Web pages/s

345 pages/s Text Edit

I'm not on stock cooling now, sir.

Wolfdale is not a bad CPU in that subtests.

D9GTR ddr3 @1880mhz cl 7-6-5-18-60-1T helps in Trasp Win and WPR

I mentioned tweaks used there in private message to Pro.

Well done boys ! It was about time to start benching pcm05 again .:)

What about the scores with high general usage & virus scan ????

What are the lmits ??? You can't expect to get 1800 virus scan with 2 SSD's for example ... or 800+ general usage with a crappy raid controller that doesn't use cache memory .

Edited by Stelaras

• Crew

we are discussing the raid xpert stuff, for now its allowed but chances are it will be disallowed for future

if raid xpert wasn't used and high virusscan/hdd we will be looking at it as requiring audit

this will not impact any past competitions, the competition rankings and prizes from them will stand

okay guys, between the mods we have brought the WR back to acceptable levels, but we are still auditing scores as we go

i am really disappointed that some people are still submitting and ignore what we have said about rule revisions, this isnt a game, keep violating the rules blatantly and you will receive more than blocked results

I wonder if everyone has seen this? Took me probably a good 6 months of being on hwbot to realize that many rules could only actually be found in the forums. Granted, some people submitting should know better, but benefit of the doubt, hopelessly optimistic, trying to be positive. :D

Thanks for your efforts. Don't mean to grief you, but if this somehow gets somebody to poke massman with a frontpage or rules update on the official pages that are prominent, I think that'd be great.

I agree that we should NOT try to change who won what in previous competitions.

However if you agree that we do not want to obviate storage then increasing disk sector size beyond the default 512 should not be allowed.

Again, this trick requires only one SSD and a utility to increase the sector size from the default 512, this can be done on just about any motherboard with iodrive, probably several others.

It could be - the true virus scan score for 4k sector score of 9500MB/s is simply –

9500MB/S * (512/4096) = 1187.5MB/s

Again, I agree that we should NOT try to change who won what in previous competitions but I believe that tricking the benchmark in this way should not be allowed and points (including previous points) should not be awarded for using it.

Edited by SteveRo

There are no new rules. We go after those who replace files and in other ways change the calculations in inappropriate ways, or creating bugged results. :) this has been illegal since the very beginning

i'm sorry but this comment seems like a flagrant brush-off. if this understanding were in place and was accepted practice then there would be no purge underway. as you know, the value of pc05 has been mired over time and by the stella reaction of both admins and enthusiasts this mess is being cleaned up.

to denigrate a fair comment in such a condescending manner does no-one a service.

• Crew
What about the scores with high general usage & virus scan ????

What are the lmits ???

I agree that we should NOT try to change who won what in previous competitions.

However if you agree that we do not want to obviate storage then increasing disk sector size beyond the default 512 should not be allowed.

Again, this trick requires only one SSD and a utility to increase the sector size from the default 512, this can be done on just about any motherboard with iodrive, probably several others.

It could be - the true virus scan score for 4k sector score of 9500MB/s is simply –

9500MB/S * (512/4096) = 1187.5MB/s

Again, I agree that we should NOT try to change who won what in previous competitions but I believe that tricking the benchmark in this way should not be allowed and points (including previous points) should not be awarded for using i

@Moose, why Virus Scan is so high, in Intel ? with 10 Ssd thats is correct ?(2094.77 MB/s) You have 10 Ssd ? :eek:, I never use many ssd., only 3 plextor

http://hwbot.org/submission/2323631_moose83_pcmark_2005_core_i7_extreme_975_53547_marksP

So, my friend please, explain this score, thanks so much :)

Edited by Sweet

moose im removing all my scores back to 40k, i cant delete some and need to ask other moderators, as i previously said, clarified enough for you?

its registry + scripting btw, i never used flash desktop

Thanks;)

Then my 40k with registry and theme are not so bad thought:)