HWBOT Community Forums

Clarification in PCMark'05 about Tweaks // Tricks allowed

Sweet

• Crew

Steve without a valid submision link or full submission text you got no proof it was actually run at 512... neither of the hardware being used, I can put in 20 SSD's in the submission yet continue to use 1K sector format on a drive and switch between it and the other drives to keep eg gen usage lower and let the virus scan rip PCMark apart. Coz it's not visible in the detailled settings from PCM05. Hence why we need a verification link or the wrapper right now...

Eg: Glucovios screenshots don't line up, look at the subs, between shot 1 and 2, there are minor detail differencies. Maybe a slip, maybe done on purpose to hide something... you tell me :P Moose indeed after 15 pages of so called bugged 12.8 driver nagging, now uses the sectorisation too... too proove what ? Something we already knew a month ago ? That it's not related to cache but just how you setup the RAID ? Beats me why them submissions were done...

My point is this Sweet If you want to get it sorted, do right from the start, not with 12 inbetween steps... which just leads to more confusion.

Nice if you have the hardware right now, set a score and sell it. Then a month later it get's pulled because the rules changed again. It's thanks to the software tweaking guys' ingeniuty, that this benchmark is in it's current appalling state.

No idea what some of you exactly want to achieve, however you guys will always got some "ahum tweak" behind your sleeves that will keep the gap. Seriously if you believe in the honesty that all submissions will be done on 512 setting, you will be utterly dissapointed :) Far easier to believe in Santa Claus...

I'm not attacking/accusing anyone, I just see new scores being 10-20K apart from the rest of that CPU type, so till now nothing has really changed... there will always be more then meets the eye in PCM05 :P

Edited by Leeghoofd

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crew
i allready said i will delete if disallowed sector change;)

And gluvos result is now fixed;)

This leads to more more confusion mate, that's my point of the above posts , not everybody reads through this thread. I don't care about PCMark05 , we just benched it to get some team points out of the Team cup (and had a meazle 2 SSDs to work with :P ) and just used the approved tweaks in the CN PCM05 thread; Now they all get deleted... that's just plain lol isn't it ? :banana:

Time to get it black on white on paper and asap in the rules of PCM05 what can and can't be done... go go Genieben !

• Crew
My point is this Sweet If you want to get it sorted, do right from the start, not with 12 inbetween steps... which just leads to more confusion

Good point.

I'm sorry for that, to maintain this benchmark, and that is what I have tried (like knopflerbruce, GENiEBEN, Pro, Gautman, Masman SF3D...well all staff), keep PcMark05.

Nice if you have the hardware right now, set a score and sell it. Then a month later it get's pulled because the rules changed again. It's thanks to the software tweaking guys' ingeniuty, that this benchmark is in it's current appalling state

Again good point.

Perhaps by ingenuity of tweaking's guys, or overruns tweaks (cheats - supertweaks or or whatever) has wounded at this benchmark, also assume that the staff is responsible of this, let things happen and the guys play, too much, but we got out of hand.

And now we must work harder to get its house in order, or PcMark cease to exist as a benchmark.

My apoligies, I'm just trying to fix what is broken, and there are (direct) guilty of this. I assure you that many of us are working a many time to fix this problem.

Note: For several days I am almost 24/7 in this forum, for fix PcMark :o

Edited by Sweet

Staff take an part too on what happened. You allowed much in the past, so we played it more and more;) So dont say we are the hard supertweakers:p

I see new Players in this bench every Day, so for me its much better now:)

@Leeghoft, remember your own words on raid expert, use it or not, decission is done :P

Leeghofd, You've got me ! I'm hiding infinite symbol + chuck norriss in all my txt documents :D

I decided to use it so 'cause in this trehad I Thinked to Top Dog Screenshots... they're more pretty than a *.txt file opened.

I've got ORB too in most important scores. If *.txt needed , no problem.

I'm thinking too there should be made clarification once at all on sector size too. People do it 'cause it's allowed.

PS : I bought all IMOG and SteveRo Acards ! Now I'll destroy you with 2000+ general usage on double controller

338e1f217333332.jpg

( I joke , I don't have them and I still can't reach 1500+ general like pro :( )

imo rst & amd should be pulled. we don't allow mip or wire in 3d so folks who don't have the latest and greatest gfx card can still compete for globals now do we?

you don't hear folks complaining that they can't compete agains volt-modded cards or how can he be allowed because he's on subzero. hardware benching is just that surely?

raid is still possible for non 3rd party controller owners with onboard and still not having to use things like rst. in the giddy days when pc05 was mostly a storage based bench software & ram cacheing i thought was verboten - period.

as for new subs coming in... i cannot help but agree that the 'piss taking' is still continuing. ethics online is thin on ground as it is.

i've spent the last day and a half with another team member doing some comparison runs:

3770k @ 4.5, 4gb 2400 psc 9-10-9, lsi 9265-8i with 8 agility 3s and an old 5870 @ 1000/1300. using drive letter change to keep xp startup around 200mbs, bob tweak, d3d, powertoy (regedit) and tidy ie9. scores sitting consistantly around 44k.

about to throw some sub on the chip now.. does anyone think another gig on the core is going to scale up to another 10k?

Imog i think will buy new:)

Doubtful. I'm chasing Stevero, I want his spot in the US rankings... But my plan is to do it in 3D mostly.

I'd only buy strong storage again if I can't manage to catch him without it. It's too expensive for my taste/wallet. Plenty of points out there other than PCM05. :)

• Crew

we are making decisions on sector sizes, RST and raid xpert right now

official announcement as soon as we make decision, lots of factors to consider, i think its better to take a few days and make the right decision than regret it in a month

we are making decisions on sector sizes, RST and raid xpert right now

official announcement as soon as we make decision, lots of factors to consider, i think its better to take a few days and make the right decision than regret it in a month

wise words mate !

In doubts , I'll use controller where there is not to make decision :)

So I will not have to re-make my scores another time ( that's not much amusing )

imo rst & amd should be pulled. we don't allow mip or wire in 3d so folks who don't have the latest and greatest gfx card can still compete for globals now do we?

you don't hear folks complaining that they can't compete agains volt-modded cards or how can he be allowed because he's on subzero. hardware benching is just that surely?

raid is still possible for non 3rd party controller owners with onboard and still not having to use things like rst. in the giddy days when pc05 was mostly a storage based bench software & ram cacheing i thought was verboten - period.

as for new subs coming in... i cannot help but agree that the 'piss taking' is still continuing. ethics online is thin on ground as it is.

i've spent the last day and a half with another team member doing some comparison runs:

3770k @ 4.5, 4gb 2400 psc 9-10-9, lsi 9265-8i with 8 agility 3s and an old 5870 @ 1000/1300. using drive letter change to keep xp startup around 200mbs, bob tweak, d3d, powertoy (regedit) and tidy ie9. scores sitting consistantly around 44k.

about to throw some sub on the chip now.. does anyone think another gig on the core is going to scale up to another 10k?

The general problem with RST is that it has been used for a long time. It's kinda the same as blocking LOD NOW, although on a smaller scale. it's impossible to clear the bot for RST based results, banning it is perhaps the right solution, but it takes too much work to go throught he whole 05 database looking for those results.

Doubtful. I'm chasing Stevero, I want his spot in the US rankings... But my plan is to do it in 3D mostly.

I'd only buy strong storage again if I can't manage to catch him without it. It's too expensive for my taste/wallet. Plenty of points out there other than PCM05. :)

Given your oc skill I think you will make quick work of me :)