HWBOT Community Forums

Am I the only one...?

richba5tard

Teen stabs burglar with samurai sword after trying to steal his PS3

Am I the only one who finds this horribly wrong? All people trying to say it's not right (trying) to kill a burglar get modded down to an incredible depth at digg.

Okay, I hate burglars, and I've been burglared (is this a verb?) before, but how does getting something stolen justify killing someone?? It's probably scum, but it might as well be someone who made a wrong choice at some point in their life.

• 3 years later...
  • Crew

RB, Eldonko, I think we're speaking about a freak in rage, so we shouldn't apply normal moral patterns to this situation ;)

People with mental illness live in every country (Antarctic is not a country :D) so it's stupid to consider how common this is based on the country this turned out.

Some play to death - in China, S. Korea - the large amount of gamers in these countries doesn't make this normal, right? Same here.

On the other hand, if someone breaks into your house, (AFAIK), we might use everything legal to protect yourself and your home. He might have a gun and it's not quite the situation when you can ask whether on not he does. But that doesn't give the right to kill, only to protect.

Well, I dunno... but if a guy breaks into my apartment I have to assume he has some sort of weapon. At least it's ridiculous if you'd have to wait until the burglar points a gun at you before you can do something. Killing the thief if you have other options (except letting him get away...) is perhaps not right, but if you have to make a decision in within a fraction of a second I'd you did what you had to do in order to protect yourself and your belongings.

Burglar didn't die. Kid defended his/ his parents property at minimal notice using the most effective thing he had to hand.

Kid gets full marks, based on the info in the report.

The burglars are at fault. Break into someones house? Got hurt? Too ****ing bad.

dumbass move of the kit, two guys enter, he has to think about his life and that of his sister.

if he stays calm and hides, worse that can happen is a stolen PS3 and some other material things;

if he acts dumb, like with a sword, the guys might change their plans. either they run away and come back another time when he's not prepared; or draw a weapon and shoot him and his sister. turning a simple "theft" into a double murder. genius.

full marks for being dumb.

either take out the burglars right away,(gun/baseballbat); and call the cops; or run & hide.

chasing them away won't do any good. if they have a "nothing to lose" attitude, they might end up causing serious damage, and not talking about material damage here.

Edited by jmke

dumbass move of the kit, two guys enter, he has to think about his life and that of his sister.

if he stays calm and hides, worse that can happen is a stolen PS3 and some other material things;

if he acts dumb, like with a sword, the guys might change their plans. either they run away and come back another time when he's not prepared; or draw a weapon and shoot him and his sister. turning a simple "theft" into a double murder. genius.

full marks for being dumb.

either take out the burglars right away,(gun/baseballbat); and call the cops; or run & hide.

chasing them away won't do any good. if they have a "nothing to lose" attitude, they might end up causing serious damage, and not talking about material damage here.

Run and hide = unarmed and in a crap position to fight back if they realise you're in the house and come looking for ya.... they might shoot him anyway... don't wanna leave a witness now......

He stood up for his stuff and you think he should have been a pussy?

He stood up for his stuff and you think he should have been a pussy?

3 outcomes for "standing up for his stuff"

- thieves run away. you remain unharmed.

- thieves kick/kill his ass, take his stuff. you get hurt

- thieves are not there for stuff, they want to kill. measly sword won't do no good. you get hurt

3 outcomes for "being a pussy"

- thieves take stuff run away. you remain unharmed.

- thieves are not there for stuff, they want to kill, you run & hide with success. you remain unharmed.

- thieves are not there for stuff, they want to kill, you run & hide without success. you get hurt

stats speak for themselves.

only if you swap that sword with a gun you can seriously sway the outcome of the conflict in your favor, if you don't your sister in the process.

but hey; to each his/her own. if your stuff is more important than your well being and that of your family members.... ;)

I'll call 2007 and let them know we figured it out

forums were not used much in 2007 it seems ;)

3 outcomes for "standing up for his stuff"

- thieves run away. you remain unharmed.

- thieves kick/kill his ass, take his stuff. you get hurt

- thieves are not there for stuff, they want to kill. measly sword won't do no good. you get hurt

3 outcomes for "being a pussy"

- thieves take stuff run away. you remain unharmed.

- thieves are not there for stuff, they want to kill, you run & hide with success. you remain unharmed.

- thieves are not there for stuff, they want to kill, you run & hide without success. you get hurt

stats speak for themselves.

only if you swap that sword with a gun you can seriously sway the outcome of the conflict in your favor, if you don't your sister in the process.

but hey; to each his/her own. if your stuff is more important than your well being and that of your family members.... ;)

forums were not used much in 2007 it seems ;)

but facts are already said by k404... +1

Burglar didn't die. Kid defended his/ his parents property at minimal notice using the most effective thing he had to hand.

• Crew

jmke, in certain situations you might be right.

Thieves not for stuff but for killing? That's killers, not thieves. Breaking in a house isn't the easiest way for this - unlikely.