HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI MOA 2013

[DRACO]

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to name, everybody knows my friend :)

You don't make sandbag. You do gifts to OC gods lol

Haha to be honest, sandbagging is the part of this game now. Maybe I am wrong, but when you see the "limit" which you have to bypass to win, it's more easy to reach the goal, it's my personal feeling. In fact last hours of the events are very interesting, I am always buying few beers and watching, I am not totally sure if it's a wrong thing in fact. I missed lucky draw deadline so in fact I don't have to rush. I will participate, I have now all needed results, maybe not winners yet, but also not that shabby. I will bench today and tomorrow, if needed, I will bench to the last minutes of the event (as I mostly do in fact). Meantime, I made a lot of sacrifices to OC GODS lol

• Crew
Haha to be honest, sandbagging is the part of this game now. Maybe I am wrong, but when you see the "limit" which you have to bypass to win, it's more easy to reach the goal, it's my personal feeling. In fact last hours of the events are very interesting, I am always buying few beers and watching, I am not totally sure if it's a wrong thing in fact. I missed lucky draw deadline so in fact I don't have to rush. I will participate, I have now all needed results, maybe not winners yet, but also not that shabby. I will bench today and tomorrow, if needed, I will bench to the last minutes of the event (as I mostly do in fact). Meantime, I made a lot of sacrifices to OC GODS lol

i have nothing against sandbagging, im doing it now :P. I just want to know WHO is entering. Like running a marathon, you dont have to be in the lead but i wanna see you!

Haha to be honest, sandbagging is the part of this game now. Maybe I am wrong, but when you see the "limit" which you have to bypass to win, it's more easy to reach the goal, it's my personal feeling...

I agree!! I always say to my friends ... they are two types of the overclocker's the pioneering, and that precurrem this truck already opened with better hardware!

I think it would be funny to make up a contest that lasts up to 30 days and win how stay more time on first, because there will be a different fight and without these sandbagging!

When i participate i allway set one score on the begin, for all other user´s know i´m in and i love when the other ppl do the same!!

I agree!! I always say to my friends ... they are two types of the overclocker's the pioneering, and that precurrem this truck already opened with better hardware!

I think it would be funny to make up a contest that lasts up to 30 days and win how stay more time on first, because there will be a different fight and without these sandbagging!

When i participate i allway set one score on the begin, for all other user´s know i´m in and i love when the other ppl do the same!!

Fair play...

I'm 4th now, but pretty sure that I will go down in the last hours or minutes.

• Crew
still benching will enter last hour....to be clear

so its not your 6150 firestrike run drweez spotted on the orb? :P. judging from all the corsair equipment could be rbauss, then again he said he was taking it easy

I agree too bros. I think we all do. Maybe it is the moment to set up some rules of fair play in comps.

Suscribe or submit a first score before a certain date... we all know each other and which support or skill of most contestants.

Like Master Georgio said : "to be clear" I will not enter last minute, even if I have the hw... for both class A and B!!

No LN2, no vacation and ofc not enough skill to compete against best of you!

I hope for better situation next year! Whish you the best and push hard! Till the last second :D

Why not make a competition end at 'random' (at least non-publically-known) time? Say, let it run for 3 weeks and end at 'random' time during the fourth one. This way all the sandbaggers will upload their results at the end of 3rd week, and diehard-hollywood-last second benchers will have all the info plus some extra adrenaline from the competition being able to end on any second :D

The main problem is that many guys get hw in the last days of competition.

Yup, there are developing countries like India where even if you want to buy a hardware, it simply might not be available. Distributors take order from known customers and then import them, all of which takes time.

Why not make a competition end at 'random' (at least non-publically-known) time? Say, let it run for 3 weeks and end at 'random' time during the fourth one. This way all the sandbaggers will upload their results at the end of 3rd week, and diehard-hollywood-last second benchers will have all the info plus some extra adrenaline from the competition being able to end on any second :D

NIce idea Sam! :P

"hwbot is commiting fraud by manually applying the closing time right when their favorite submit the best result"
why not execute it in such a way that haters won't have any ground for asking such questions?

or, another random idea - why not let it run for three weeks and then let it close when activity falls below certain threshold? (measured in, say, new competitors or results per unit of time)

People you really want to do OC Contests totally unfriendly by crazy rules and stop ocers to participate?

RULES MUST BE CLEAR, UNDERSTANDABLE AND AS FAIR AS THEY CAN

You have to realize that OCers (most of us) work or study, we have private lives, we don't have possibility to spend all time for contests. Most of us plan taking part in big contests like MOA or AOOC or LOC, some of working guys specially for this occasion take free days at work and so on. Other matter is hw availability. Sometimes we have to import some hw from abroad to take part cause in many countries some parts are not available, or even buying handpicked hw, it's impossible to buy golden samples from the same overclocker, or few in the same country ;) Shipping takes time, the same - customs. Moreover, not everyone has 24/7 LN2, some of us only can refill dewars in certain days or simply sometimes wait until there is fresh delivery, because ln2 is over and sometimes it takes few weeks... And LN2 also cost and most contests aren't on the hw which ocers want to overclock (I mean combination - most of OCers use MSI Lightnings + Asus board), especially some stages of older HW. Results are mostly made only for contest. Now imagine - someone buys hw, buys LN2, has just got great scores and want to publish them but the concept of OC contest was "after 3 weeks it will be shut down randomly" and it appears it was shut down 5 minutes before...

The concept which proposed Franscisco is interesting though, if developed properly, it could be fun to take part in such contest.

BTW, why OCers don't like sandbagging? In fact it makes the game harder, and I think we are serious players. During contests sometimes we are going to do big sacrifices, crazy mods, things to score a bit better, tweak OS as hell and so on, cause "someone can have high backup" ;). Moreover, last hours and minutes of big events are interesting a lot :)

If HWBOT or Vendors don't want to have sandbagging, simply prepare weekly prizes for highest scores or something which will want us to show best scores ;) In some contests elimination time (like MOA 2012) also shows who can and will participate, but it has to be in reasonable time frames.

I am getting back to benching right now, I hope I won't zorch any MSI :D Today I got my X79A-GD65 finally. If I hadn't repaired Xpower II (with help of friends) earlier, today, would be the first they to do scores for some stages for me :D

Edited by Xtreme Addict