HWBOT Community Forums

Any news about MOA?

@Massman

I would like to know if it's just the official announcement, also if you can provide the finals date.

I really need to get this free week to go, so, is important to inform many days before.

Thanks in advance.

Final date is still to be determined. Not fixed yet.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha submitted a couple of scores as well before may 15 ...lets just hope and see what happens next ;) hmm maybe they can retain people who have scores before may 15 and redraw those entries who won but submitted after may 15 .... :)

I agree. Mass man you deleted your original post, but can we assume that the above applies? Ie all the people that you had drawn that did have a legit score posted before May 15th will keep their prize? Not going to be impressed if you turn around now and say that I am not getting a board!

Sorry for the delay, here's the final lucky draw

Class A:

- Redmax -> MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX Motherboard

- Dlnwj-oc ->MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX Motherboard

- Spyboy48 -> MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX Motherboard

Class B:

- Calathea -> Z87-GD65 GAMING motherboard

- Icebob -> N650Ti TF 2GD5/OC BE

- Bartman1973 -> DDR3-2400 PC3-19200

- Shrekogre -> M5S SATA 6Gb/s 2.5” Solid State Drive

- The Mutt -> Cooler Master V1000

- Darkvenom -> CM Storm Quick Fire TK & CM Storm Recon

Congrats to all and good luck in the next round!

For whoever might be interested in this. So far, the numbers for MOA look quite good. Even though the amount of seats in the grand final reduced significantly from 32 (16x2) to 15, there were slightly more participants this year. We went from 72 to 79. The amount of score submissions almost doubled as the counter is now at 420-ish for the entire MOA campaign.

I hope these numbers will provide "upper management" with enough evidence that MOA-type competitions can be organised without spending a rediculous amount of money and still create the same amount of exposure and participance.

Just fyi.

For whoever might be interested in this. So far, the numbers for MOA look quite good. Even though the amount of seats in the grand final reduced significantly from 32 (16x2) to 15, there were slightly more participants this year. We went from 72 to 79. The amount of score submissions almost doubled as the counter is now at 420-ish for the entire MOA campaign.

I hope these numbers will provide "upper management" with enough evidence that MOA-type competitions can be organised without spending a rediculous amount of money and still create the same amount of exposure and participance.

Just fyi.

I prefer live though. leveled the playing field.

Just fyi.

Seems like a good thing to me. Really too bad its one person teams but in the end the fame usually goes to one person so its a moot point cept for those looking for a free ride to Taiwan

Just fyi.

This is a good news.

Considering the fact that rules aren't still so friendly (even after some changes) (in class A -> Ivy, SB-E, Haswell, 7970 + Titan), it's good that the marketing level is still a bit higher. Class B helped for sure in interest. Next time (if there will be MOA 2014) with better rules (better selection of benchmark, maybe cheaper platforms, maybe better prize distribution/tickets) the popularity can raise much higher. It shows that this format (Class A + Class B) has some potencial.

Just fyi.

Funny how not being able to bring a teammate this year increase the number of participants...Might it be because strong teams are now dividing into 2 and both members are submitting ;) hmmm

I think you misunderstood, say you and I are alway teammates. And I know you will make it to final and take me. Why would I bench too? I wouldnt. But now you and I would both have to bench to go. That is why there is more submissions, not because people prefer this format. ;)