HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Team Cup 2014 thread.

MrBreeze

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at my 3DMark 2000 score I realized it's invalid. Since it was in the last minute, I forgot to open the details screen.

If I calculate it right, we might still qualify for the 5th place - excluding the recent fgi's realbench score, minus 22pts from 3dmark2000. AwardFabrik moves one place up and gets additional 1pt in this stage.

However I can't check the realbench stage, because the page is crashing (java.lang.NullPointerException), so I'm not sure how many points we had before the cut, but if I remember correctly we were 5th even before my 3dmark 2000 score.

Can someone from the mods verify all scores of the top-5 teams? I'm not going to delete mine for now, to ensure the integrity of the rankings before the check.

Iirc it was around 6 points and I personally don't care about the details tab (in this case) and believe its a valid score.

so nothing wrong and congrats from here as well!

Couldn't get a good PCI card in time and the old singlestage was giving me a hard time - it was fun anyway!

Good luck to the 5 remaining teams during the final week!

Edited by SoF

PCI was a big problem for me as well. I tried everything with Zotac 610 PCI.

Fed it up externally from a HD4850 up to 1.4V and still didn't help, although it did 1300+ MHz for DX9 Heaven.

However, on DX11 I can only see the Benchmarking... text when the bench starts and that's it. Monitor goes into power saving mode.

I guess it can't handle the heavy tesselation, maybe the PCI bandwidth is too low for that kind of load?

External power helped finish DX9 (it was not completing either before the mod), but not with DX11. I guess it's not a coincidence everyone used that little Radeon.

Regarding the 3DMark 2000 it sure is a valid score, since everything was on stock, but there were cases competition scores had been removed for even smaller mistakes. I barely managed to finish it 4 min before the end, then make screenshot, photo, transfer from that rig to the other PC, upload..etc. But I really think we were 5th before that, so it doesn't really matter in that case, unless there are other invalid scores which can make a difference.

But I think we need a confirmation from the staff that all results are valid, because even a single invalid score from any team in the top 10 or so would change the final rankings. So we need to know ASAP if it's ok to bench for the remaining week, or need to stop right now.

I just remarked lol....

~120 points in DX9 (still my fav) but no way it runs dx11...never got the point doing dx11 instead of 9 for the old cards...

...just to prove mfc's f*ck you up with drivers and support on cards like that??

Edited by SoF

First of all , congratulations to all teams that managed to enter top 5.

It was insane . 7 months of almost benching every day . :D

My respect to Infrared and his team , because they did it with so little manpower .

Now , regarding the DX11 PCI benchmark .

The 512MB cards have not enough memory to hold the required textures in their memory . If you run the benchmark with the MSI Afterburner OSD enabled and monitoring the GPU memory usage , you'll notice that it needs approx 800MB to run.

That's the story about the slow 512MB runs .

The PCIE cards with 512MB are a bit faster because of the faster communication with the CPU & IMC .

The PCI , though , is much slower and that's the reason why you see so sluggish scores .

As for the black screens with the 512MB PCI cards , i believe it's a bug of the wrapper . If you try without the wrapper , they run completely fine ... except the very slow performance .

Also , i noticed that the scores are a bit higher in older platforms like X48 & X58 .

Edited by Stelaras