HWBOT Community Forums

Gigabyte Z97X-SOC Force-PSC

Guest Bullant

Guest Bullant
men i love your ram tweaking addiction

Thanks mate,I like to mix up air and cold memory's,funny enough when I started clocking memory a few years ago for the first time was on cold memory,I just bought some pots and ln2 and first memory session was with cold memory's.I had no idea on efficiency ,sub timings or OS ahahah,I was hooked tho,just the fact you can tighten one timing and see a improvement.

Guest Bullant
They seem like some pretty good BBSE given the one kit I tried gave up at 2400 c9

You must of had a bad kit,the little testing I did the other night seems if If I tighten trfc to 74 still on air efficiency became worse as well as running 10-10-10 on air efficiency became really bad.Is very strange memory bbse

Guest Bullant

Little more fine tuning with this bbse,2736Mhz tight 39-40 rtls straight boot no training required

1.94v CPU water and memory air.... no waza

20s644g.png

Bull,

You willing to upload a loose profile with BBSE? I have six sticks of BBSE and only two could do 2400 C9 with a lot set on Auto. I can't find much info on how to tune BBSE so I don't really know where to modify.

Any tricks with the Giga board? Training at 2400 and then raising to 2600, etc.?

Guest Bullant

What are your bbse bass? I haven't got the std Gigga board,If I can source the std board in the next week ill post some results with profile if you like,I do run the ln2 board the same as the std board only difference is "rtls"

When I did test the std board back on release it was a very good PSC clocker but I never had bbse to test on it,will try to source it and see how it performs

Hey Bull, I have the standard board now and the LN2 version is on the way. BBSE are HyperX 2000 9-9-9 and Trident 2000 9-9-9. Not exceptional bins, but you'd think some of the six sticks would be capable of 2600 7-9-7 at worst. I was able to get two of the six to do 2400 9-11-9 but then they wouldn't run it together. The IMC is capable of pushing Samsung really tight so I can't see how it would struggle so much with BBSE.

Basically, since my results are so miserable, I'm pretty sure I'm doing it wrong.

Guest Bullant

Ill try and source the std board soon bass ^,if not once you get the ln2 board give me a pm dude

Had couple pm about 2800Mhz air PSC,items used are retail 4790k,just the second random 4790K Ive bought and Gigabyte LN2 board,some nice Gskill Pi 2000 cl6 memory's that Ive only tested a couple times on cold and never cold on the Gigabyte board

Gskill Pi 2000 cl6

2800Mhz PSC 1.91v rtls 39-40,CPU water and memory air...

j0i0qo.png

Gskill pi 2200 cl7

2750Mhz PSC 1.89v rtls 39-40 CPU water and memory air....

2ezjt4k.png

Having all sorts of issues last night on OC Force. Found out two of my Tridents are PSC so I loaded the PSC profiles and was playing with those. Got primaries and secondaries set but every time I touched the tertiaries, even to set them to what they had defaulted to while on auto (or looser), it would refuse to boot.

Edited by xxbassplayerxx

Guest Bullant

Yeah you may have something off,you were setting sub timings on both channels identical ? A and B on X04 bios

Edited by Bullant

Guest Bullant

All timings have to be identical except rtls,well on the ln2 board and impact you can run rtls the same but that's not needed now and is little harder on memory

Well, after more time tonight, I came to the conclusion that X08 is broken (at least for me). After messing around, it will just stop booting unless memory is 100% stock and even then it's not a sure thing. On F7a I dialed in a nice 2800C9 on my Sammys and it booted right up. Copied all settings 100% over to X08, no boot. Dialed mem down to 2400 to give it a chance to train but still no boot. I'm going to re-flash the BIOS tomorrow. If that doesn't work, I'll switch to X04.

Quick edit: Can you boot with any of the Samsung profiles?

Edited by xxbassplayerxx