HWBOT Community Forums

Gigabyte Z97X-SOC Force-PSC

Guest Bullant

Guest Bullant

The 125 blck does seem to help straight booting without the training but rtls iols do wander,given bit more time on testing different cl and on cold memory ill be able to tell if this is also a good way for efficiency (meaning rtls iol training) when pushing memory

Will also test a different bios that mite be better suited to 125 blck strap

Some straight boots,not best cpu imc used here and memory on air

iop.png

This one has a little training of rtls

00o.png

Edited by Bullant

• Crew
Nice run, Alby :D - and if you use 2200 divider, you might get nice surprise because you end up at 2750 even if you do not raise BCLK above 125 like you did :P - should be around 2800 then, I have doubts even your monster flares will do this on air :D

lol, no monster Flares here mate. They did 2666C8 on Xpower, wasn't able to do that on Z87 before with them at these voltages... hope GB can sort it soon

• Administrators

Some Hasfail boards fail at xmp because combination of cas and wcl doesn´t match, try to set xmp and set twcl to 8,7,6 until one of the combinations works... - is ok on asrock, I had same problem with cas 6 and cas 7 xmp mems

I got some Pi's 2200C7 and my SOC Force really doesnt like them.

XMP doesnt work either.

What sort of DRAM voltage are you guys feeding into them??

Same problem here man, I have Pis 2200C7 and XMP doesnt work... but i think all of my PSC run very well on SOC Force (X04 Bios)

Edited by ivaneza

Guest Bullant

Some Pi,s 2200 cl7 memory's,just stability testing no waza and all services running not the best bin but still do quite well,2700Mhz memory was achieved by training memory,very easy to do in how our said a few pages back

Memory on air 1.94v 8-12-8 2700Mhz -Pis,s 2200 cl7

2w720ip.png

Guest Bullant
Bullant.. keep the good stuff rolling.. loving this thread.. going to try LN2 board with regular board for this also... when I get some time.. will be in the next couple of weeks. :)

Thanks,I have the LN2 board as well,I'm just waiting on getting some LN2 and I post some PSC air and cold memory's on that board as well,haven't tested it yet

You'll welcome to post your results in here

Edited by Bullant

Guest Bullant

If you post your bios volts settings that mite help to see what you have them set at,also try just one dim "single channel " to see if it will boot 2600mhz,this will put less stress on imc and help if memory is low bin

Guest Bullant
Sure thing, here are some screencaps from the UEFI.

140726084934_zps0646a455.png

This ^ page set to 24X memory multi to start with,go to advance cpu core settings and turn of all c states

140726084953_zps5c2a5ff7.png

This ^ page set memory timing mode to "Advance" I like to config both memory channels separately,this is also needed when looking at rtls as to what they are doing when training them and locking them in "make sure when you set subs and main timings be sure both channels are the same timings

140726085002_zps29061961.png

This ^ memory boot mode "disable"

140726085018_zpsc4fa8746.png

This ^ tREFi set to 11000

140726085026_zpsbb7632f9.png

This ^ try setting these 3 timings as well TPCDN =2 TPRPDEN =2 TRDPDN 14 and you can try tCKE =5

140726085040_zps93887a5b.png

This ^ CPU VRIN Eternal Override,set it to 1.8v,now with the imc,ioa,iod volts these are way to high for PSC,I don't want to give to much of my settings away but lets set these @ IMC volts =0.100 ,IOA volts= 0.100, IOD volts= 0.150

140726085045_zpsbd7be605.png

This^ just try this for now

140726085036_zpsf2cc24fb.png

Ok This one ^ is not good "CPU Loadline Calibration" on Extreme can really effect your booting of PSC when cpu is on air water,leave PWM Phase Control on "EXm Perf" set all the others to AUTO

You can try this one on this page first and if no luck then do all pages,also it would be best for the training to be on X04 bios,remember boot 24X memory multi first then set 26x and save exit

I ll also test the 125 strap some more later as what leeghoofd said as it does boot 2600+ straight,just haven't had time yet

I wrote something under every page ^

Edited by Bullant

Guest Bullant

Some Pentium stability testing with PSC,different memory's from before, forgot to set 39x on the CPU....... training 24x 26x lock rtls and iols in save reboot,set 2666x save reboot 28x "if memory and imc capable" save and reboot

Memory's on air.....

zxqtds.jpg

2laahpi.png

Guest Bullant

Sam its a Pentium and 32xcpu and 39x uncore on the 32m wouldn't help and I've only had the Pentium a few days ,the maxing out before you seem was 4770k,also no waza

I can run it again later 40x and 40x

Edited by Bullant

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bullant

Some PSC on Gigga Z97 testing, not my best binned memory used here,max volts 2.17v -160

2_1.png

2_11.png

So close yet so far

28x.png

2872MHz 6-10-6-24

1436x2.png

1436x3.png

2883MHz 6-10-6-24

1441x1.png

2900MHz 6-10-6-24

1450.png

As you can see all the ice :lol: