HWBOT Community Forums

The official ASUS Open Overclocking Cup 2014 Qualifier thread.

Massman

The best I did with this setup is 1314 so far - just a slightly tweaked win7. 1350 is too much for the clocks/timings anyway. And it could be 1340, which is worse for cheat identification... Now you know, the tweak works as it should and gives some boost but benchmark itself can't handle this most of the times.

Is it just me, or is it really easy to detect TR's bugged runs? In all of the bugged ones, the "maximum CPU frequency" exceeds the allowed frequency. And of course it's not possible to tell the frequency if the monitoring is disabled.

Just check the Maximum CPU Frequency and the monitoring line.

Alright guys, the tweak is actually easy to detect.

First let's take a look at XAs result which is valid. I marked the mandatory and important validation details. This stuff has to be visible! Otherwise your result might be considered as invalid.

9ZmVquV.png

Maximum Processor Frequency is 5.11 GHz. All monitoring data on the right is correct and visible (Max turbo Boost freq ~5.0 GHz).

The monitoring data is fully visible on the right with also 5.11 GHz core and ~5.0 GHz cache.

The monitoring line on the left is also fully visible and the CPU Frequency is a straight line without peaks.

Lets take a look at example screenshot #1 which would be invalid:

htVdOmj.png

Monitoring details are not available and also system details on the right are missing.

Example #2 with applied "tweak"

dsMPcNo.png

The Maximum Processor Frequency is out of line with 5.32 GHz (Maximum allowed is 5.11). Take a look at the Processor frequency line which has two peaks (bumps from 5.0 to 5.3 GHz) which cause the wrong result. Also the details on the right are not visible. This is invalid aswell.

So the tweak is very easy to spot and we can just continue here.

However:

- Your result has to show the correct Maximum Processor Frequency

- Details on the right have to be visible

- Monitoring data has to be fully visible and a straight line without peaks.

Please have a look on my screen...

Max CPU is 0...

And the line is not straight, belive me or not, frequency was NOT changed, can show a video as prove...

Your line is almost straight which is okays. No bumps visible. However Max CPU 0 is strange.

Yea you and Dancop seem to have this issue with the strange values. I think it's a windows related issue or due to disabled services. Can't be hardware since other guys also use the Maximus VII Formula with the same BIOS version and it works.

Check my submission for AOOC.....I have strange value as well ...with gene...

I have all mandatory things except max cpu freq!

The straight line ist there!

I tried my system on air and water again and again and I always get 0 ghz or fantasy figures!

How...if it is mandatory, can I change it?

On my 1335 score, I simply bootet and ran xtu. I did nothing else!

No affinity, no service shut downs...nothing!

So...if it is a duty, tell me how to change it to the right figures?!