HWBOT Community Forums

The official Old School is Best School Round 1 thread.

Rasparthe

• 2 weeks later...

The QUESTION:

On main page: In the first round of the Old School is Best School competition series, we compete in 3DMark03 and SuperPI 1M. In the first stage, 3DMar03, the hardware is limited to GeForce 5 series graphics cards and Socket 939 processors. In the second stage, SuperPI 1M, the hardware is limited to socket 939 processors. There is also a frequency limitation of 2801 MHz. For both stages a verification screenshot and system picture are required. Good luck!

In STAGE-1: In the first round of the Old School is Best School competition series, we compete in 3DMark03 and SuperPI 1M. In the first stage, 3DMar03, the hardware is limited to GeForce 5 series graphics cards and Socket 478 or Socket 939 processors. In the second stage, SuperPI 1M, the hardware is limited to socket 939 processors. There is also a frequency limitation of 2801 MHz. For both stages a verification screenshot and system picture are required. Good luck!

So what about socket 478 for 1st stage allow or not ??? And what about frequency - 2801 for both 3DMark03 and SuperPI 1M?

• Crew
The QUESTION:

So what about socket 478 for 1st stage allow or not ??? And what about frequency - 2801 for both 3DMark03 and SuperPI 1M?

I think the idea was to have something like a s939 vs s478 competition. But as s478 cpus have no chance @2800Mhz against a s939 CPU, s478 got removed.

I guess there is no frequency cap in stage 1 but your're right by now Massman or Antinomy have to correct introduction text to avoid confusion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Sunday the stages end, I made a final check before this, please check tomorrow if result is still listed so that you have time to rebench in case you forgot background or score was removed, or in case you need to update system picture because a white tower might be not enough :D - I´m quite tolerant on this but recently there are people who report system pictures bc they seem to think this is more important than a valid, bullet-proof result and screen :) - so make sure that your picture shows the hardware you benched, otherwise there might be useless drama again