HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Team Cup 2015 - SC2: GPU Challenge thread.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If English is your native language , can you please define "soft launch" ?

What i can tell you nevertheless is , that ...

A bad idea will always be a bad idea

Wrong will always be wrong.

I would appreciate , if somebody could explain to me , what the following text in the picture means , in plain English.

Today we soft-launch the Team Cup 2015

feel free to check out the stages. The competition runs until 30/09 but beware: the stages close at different times and some require immediate attention.

Full overview and details on 01/08. Let the games begin!

Looks like i'm asking too much.

or

Nobody here has English as native language.

Edited by TASOS

i think target score stage is a nice idea, but it shoud be a little bit different: the target shoud be a secret until the stage starts. if the target is known before, everybody has already the result and will upload it within the first seconds. that´s imho boring and has nothing to do with the benchmark. the benchmark itself will be pointless :(

but if the target is secret until the stage is open, everybody has to hurry to choose the best benchsystem and clocks and try to hit the target first ;) i guess it would be much more fun, wouldn´t it?

i think target score stage is a nice idea, but it shoud be a little bit different: the target shoud be a secret until the stage starts. if the target is known before, everybody has already the result and will upload it within the first seconds. that´s imho boring and has nothing to do with the benchmark. the benchmark itself will be pointless :(

but if the target is secret until the stage is open, everybody has to hurry to choose the best benchsystem and clocks and try to hit the target first ;) i guess it would be much more fun, wouldn´t it?

As far as I know the target score was disclosed when the stage was opened?

And I don't see the point in announcing a target stage without the target score. You still have no idea what kind of hardware you need.

On the 15th the competition started, but there's an advantage to the active HWBOT members because we don't do an official announcement.

The official announcement/email/social stuff follows on 1st of August.

So , you decited to give ranking and points , to a particular stage , before official announcement ?

And users await for their full competition review on August 1st ?

And that's concidered a good-smart idea ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soft_launch

Whatever you do, do not look up at Urban Dictionary..... just saying.

From the link you provided , i assume that i had undesdood - translated correctly the overview text of the team cup.

"soft launch is the release .... to a limited audience"

"hard launch is making it generally available or else grand opening"

What more can i say ?

:confused:

Have a nice competition.

As the person that took home the stage Id say that if there was one thing to change for next year it would be to have a harder target.

It took me ~80 rounds to hit the target with roughly 10 hits of 1 point under/over before that. If the target was lets say 25.000 instead of 250 the chanse of anyone hitting the exakt target would be alot smaller due to a larger spread of the score between each run.

Stage 1 - Aquamark3 Lowest Score

Comrades, write the normal aquamark scheduler or please to be blo humanly send screenshots. "Invalid data file: Unable to parse the datafile" - tired This is bearable when the test is a few minutes. But then he goes day and get this garbage

Lose the desire to participate :(

Stage 1 - Aquamark3 Lowest Score

Comrades, write the normal aquamark scheduler or please to be blo humanly send screenshots. "Invalid data file: Unable to parse the datafile" - tired This is bearable when the test is a few minutes. But then he goes day and get this garbage

Lose the desire to participate :(

Don't feel so bad, it happens to me to, take a look at this score and I can't upload jack. Same Unable to parse datafile :(

AQU3%204387_zpsrlt4xuj6.jpg

My old Hot Rod :D

Rig_zpsaytap6iv.jpg

But what defines a Fury-card? I mean, Rage 128 Pro IS Rage Fury Pro. It's only Fury MAXX that had Fury in the name. Isn't Ultra basically the same card as Pro only higher frequencies?

It's a good question, but suppose you had a competition for 280X only, would 7970 be allowed too? Same core different name. I know it's slightly different but it's all in a name.

At the end of the day I can only guess and I don't know the answer. Wait for one of the mods to make a decision.