HWBOT Community Forums

You have inserted usb pen drive in correct usb port? (is not all the same, need correct port)

You have usb pen drive in fat format?

You have inserted correct file with correct name in root ? M8I.CAP ?

Read page 2-16

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/MAXIMUS_VIII_IMPACT/E10809_MAXIMUS_VIII_IMPACT_UM_WEB.pdf?_ga=1.216811350.1386101847.1484079858

Edited by rsannino

• Crew

Had similar backflash issues Psycho, couldn't get it done either... it was fat32 & it's renamed as M8G.cap...

But the manual for the Gene is apparently wrong :P

attachment.php?attachmentid=5224&stc=1&d=1485545921

The correct flash back port is the one below the lan port, not the one below the PS2 port :P Flashed back without an issue now :D

Maybe Impact manual has a similar problem?

Anyway my Gene acts up now; anything above 3733 is a nitemare on Kaby Lake...

Edited by Leeghoofd

• 2 weeks later...
  • Crew

Flashed the Maximus VIII extreme with 3201 bios... main issue with my setup is I lost total XMP support. Loading XMP always results in hardlocking board, no matter the memory I plugged in (tried 8GB 3333HyperX, 8Gb 3466C16 Gskill, 16GB 3600C17 Gskill) This can't be good for daily users can it...

Flashed back to 2202 to get Command Rate 1T working with the B-Die set, as I failed miserably with 3201 over 3733 memory divider. Resulted after a few sucesful boots into the OS in a lovely postcode 00... First Bios chip is toast. Swapped both chips and nr 2 works fine, this also in the first Bios socket.

Either I'm very unlucky as I experienced similar memory compatibility issues with the Gene board. And/or my 3 B-Die kits are all craptastic with Kaby Lake CPUs and Biosses. Don't forget the user might be getting too old for this stuff :P asI might beoverlooking something for clocking the memory. Though XMP should work, right?

Edited by Leeghoofd