HWBOT Community Forums

Asrock Z170 OC Formula-DDR4

Guest Bullant

Up to around 1.8v Rauf. I got scaling on freq after that but not lower timings. Although I've heard ocf won't do below 12 12 (?) So maybe why. 12 11 boot to win no problem but couldn't bench.

Jase, was that with new bios? Not had time to play with it yet, hopefully get some time to sit down with it today.

3953 12 12 12 28 220 1t was highest xtu stable I could get on 1.92.

I'll be running 32m 1.93 next for binning. Got 8 sticks of each (trident/rj) to bin. Will post findings.

Old bios. Using 1T on XTU my max was right around 3950 as well and not much better than E Die. Will update when I find a little time to play w new bios

A lot of trouble today. Above 3600 1T is impossible for my geil 4000 c19 and is strange because with asus i can bootup easy at 3733. Try to push with 2t and 4000c13 is pretty easy.

I notice the VCCSA voltage if leave in auto run high at 1,35v with new bios 1.93A. Is that normal with LN2 mode disable?

Same. SA should always be manual anyway! ;)

Not had time to play with 1.93 but could push near 4k 1t on 1.92.

I've not the truth in my pocket, but SA is bugged because if you can't boot up due memory problem, the SA start @ 1.35v no matter what your manual set is.

I'l try 4 stick of geil b-die today in single channel and no one can boot up 1T above 3600.

Edited by RULE

I think there is no information on Samsungs on difference on trcd and trp so far, might indeed be interesting

Believe it or not, I finally got around to testing this :P

My 3200 16-16-16 Ripjaws just start failing X-18-18 at 1900MHz - however neither tRCD nor tRP can be set to the lower value.

20160116-1619581isy2.png

In case you're wondering, 5G XP time with 2 sticks (that's all I have) is junk, 6:03 something

Guest Bullant

I haven't tested many bios but have you tried setting rtls and iols manually doug,I always set manually this way training is really good and no chance of them changing between restarts,you'll just have to make sure your setting the correct rtls iols for correct Cl and MHz required.If you set them wrong it won't train

I do this on my z97 boards as well

I set iol tune manually and bump up to drop rtl iol. I leave rtl iol auto. If trained once they usually don't move.

Even if they do train correctly on 2.02 in bios still pot luck for getting into win. Just seems buggy as hell tbh. Away to flash 2.0 and see how that goes.

Stroll on little sibling!

On another note, Allen mentioning 1 of 20 sticks doing 4k, does that matter if 1t or 2t as don't think this board will give me it on 1t. Need to check 4k on each stick before moving them on.

I set iol tune manually and bump up to drop rtl iol. I leave rtl iol auto. If trained once they usually don't move.

Even if they do train correctly on 2.02 in bios still pot luck for getting into win. Just seems buggy as hell tbh. Away to flash 2.0 and see how that goes.

Stroll on little sibling!

On another note, Allen mentioning 1 of 20 sticks doing 4k, does that matter if 1t or 2t as don't think this board will give me it on 1t. Need to check 4k on each stick before moving them on.

Hey try this bios while your at it, Im lazy. :)

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?292331-***Official-ASRock-z170-OC-Formula-Finger-Pop-OC-Bonanza-UKNOWDAT-Edition-FTW-ETC***&p=5269726&viewfull=1#post5269726

Guest george.kokovinis
Will do. Having major headaches now and reckon either my imc is goosed or maybe board rom. Same results from 1.92 - 2.02. All went down hill after testing the waters for 4k 1t and ending up with bios language in Taiwanese! :D

My Man. You are my humor hero:ws::ws::ws:

The first day having B die had best results for me, able to run 3900+ 1T. After bios updates it has been downhill for me as well. Kinda worried SA Volts are killing my imc or something. Running chilled water on cpu and lin at -20 to -50C don't seem to help. Gonna use this time to go back and learn older platforms since I'm such a noob. Blackops X48 with about a dozen of different cpu's prepped and ready for the deep freeze. No need for ambient testing other than optimized defaults to see if it even works and boots XP. No better way to learn quickly than doing so at sub zero temps

I generally run 1.2 max for both, less io unless needed. Was still 1.15 1.2 when 3950 1t on 6320. Was doing 3866 1t sub 1.8v no problem on 6700 1.93. Flashed 2.02, took ages to get 3866 running again, tested for 4k and all went tits up. (4k 1t bios easy, win splash pass then black screen, tested max of 1.25, 1.3, 1.9 making no difference from <1.2, <1.25, <1.85). Kmode exception and 021a at random, 3733 2t failing 32m, 1t hit and miss into bios/win , bios running super slow, no power up even after unplug Psu from mobo. Pretty much every completely random non event possible. Away to check on xpower and rule out board. Won't have spare chip till later on in the week and need to get my kits binned. The joys. :)

Edited by Doug2507

Guest george.kokovinis

Just installed 2.03.

Seems better than 2.0. I have Ripjaws V 3600 ( 4x4gb ).

My Trident Z 3600 b-die are on the way and can't comment yet.

For the moment I easily did 3866 - 12-18-28-1T-280 with very tight seconds and thirds, with 1.25VccIO and 1.30VccSA and 1.82Vram ( actual 1.86 ).

Rock solid throughout all benchmarks for half an hour and with normal reboots without hassles.

PCH voltage set at 1.10.

Not bad for 4x4 e-die, me thinks.