HWBOT Community Forums

Caseking - LN2 pretested CPU sale

der8auer

Okay, here's something that has confused me... Both places binning 6700K have said something like 5% of chips are stable at 4.8GHz and <1.40V but there are TONS of chips better than this in the batch thread. I know people often times only report good CPU's but something definitely seems off.

EDIT: Not trying to say these chips aren't good... Just trying to figure out why the professional binning outfits are having such different results than the people reporting in batch thread.

Edited by xxbassplayerxx

Okay, here's something that has confused me... Both places binning 6700K have said something like 5% of chips are stable at 4.8GHz and <1.40V but there are TONS of chips better than this in the batch thread. I know people often times only report good CPU's but something definitely seems off.

Well most people just report the good CPUs and not the bad stuff.

Everyone who doesn't belive it can just go ahead and buy 20 CPUs and see how good they are :D

Well most people just report the good CPUs and not the bad stuff.

Everyone who doesn't belive it can just go ahead and buy 20 CPUs and see how good they are :D

I believe it... but the differences seem to be staggering. I asked Silicon Lottery if they have found anything better than 4.8 @ 1.40V and they said barely... then there are people waving around 5.0 @ 1.35V. My 6600K does 4.9 @ 1.41V but can't do 5G stable to save it's life.

• Administrators

Don´t mix up prime and other benchmarks, 1,4ghz prime is not easy on air, especially for non delidded chip, I would for sure not buy a pretested cpu at this price at caseking (4,8ghz 1,4v 620 iirc) but I know that these are good chips clearly above the average we have seen so far. Everyone can decide for himself if he wants to buy or not, and have his own opinion on this and state it, but to say these are not good is simply wrong

Don´t mix up prime and other benchmarks, 1,4ghz prime is not easy on air, especially for non delidded chip, I would for sure not buy a pretested cpu at this price at caseking (4,8ghz 1,4v 620 iirc) but I know that these are good chips clearly above the average we have seen so far. Everyone can decide for himself if he wants to buy or not, and have his own opinion on this and state it, but to say these are not good is simply wrong

Not trying to say these chips are bad at all... I want one. I'm just confused about the hardware itself... how does it vary so much? How is it that some people are finding absolute gem after gem and others find nothing but bunnyextraction? Is it really down to batch? Is it methodology?

Come to think of it... Why can't I go above ~6G cold? bunnyextraction chip or bad methodology?

Sorry for the rant... I just bunnying hate Skyfail. :mad::mad::mad:

• Administrators

Skyfake - I bought one 6600K and it did 5ghz 1,32v 32m win7, had a second chip for a friend I bought pretested that did 4,8ghz 1,32v Geekbench and have an ES that does far worse :D - a lot depends on luck, some guys buy pretested at forums, but on what I see at biggest german cpu market for used stuff, average 6700K needs 1,3v for 4,5ghz prime. You go higher, scaling and temps get worse, more volts needed for each 100mhz upwards than for the 100mhz you went up before. As said, I would not buy, this is decision each guy makes alone, but I accept the simple fact that these are cpus that are not bad^^ - good luck at next cpu, maybe you find a gem :)

And now btt, enough said from my side

Skyfake - I bought one 6600K and it did 5ghz 1,32v 32m win7, had a second chip for a friend I bought pretested that did 4,8ghz 1,32v Geekbench and have an ES that does far worse :D - a lot depends on luck, some guys buy pretested at forums, but on what I see at biggest german cpu market for used stuff, average 6700K needs 1,3v for 4,5ghz prime. You go higher, scaling and temps get worse, more volts needed for each 100mhz upwards than for the 100mhz you went up before. As said, I would not buy, this is decision each guy makes alone, but I accept the simple fact that these are cpus that are not bad^^ - good luck at next cpu, maybe you find a gem :)

And now btt, enough said from my side

I just got a message from a teammate telling me to stop trolling this thread. I just want to be clear that I was not trying to say anything bad about these chips or Roman's binning operation. The chips are clearly very strong, especially since they come with LN2 results! Apologies :o

The pretested CPUs can run 1h Prime95 1344K at 4.5 - 4.8 GHz (depending on the category) on air below 1.40 Volt without delidding.

I think that's the difference, very few people in the batch thread test their chips with Prime95 for 1 hour. Stability difference between SPi 32M and Prime95 is pretty big.

I think that's the difference, very few people in the batch thread test their chips with Prime95 for 1 hour. Stability difference between SPi 32M and Prime95 is pretty big.

What about XTU? For me XTU is even stricter stability test than looping 3D, but much quicker.

Anyway - Roman, what about 6600k? Do you plan on binning them as well?

Guest george.kokovinis

Maybe some respect for one of the top computer engineers is due

here ?

Maybe some members did not understand what is included in the price ?

And finally,

It is a free market based on offer and demand.

If you do not have something constructive to add, then move on.

Yea I hoped to have more good chips but some of the good air chips didn't scale at all and wouldn't even do 6.3 GHz HWBOT Prime.

What would be a rough MHz loss estimate for the HWBot Prime speed to say 3DMark '06?

Can't believe this is going to be my first good mainstream CPU since 3770K days.