HWBOT Community Forums

HOW TO bench full pot on Asus Maximus VIII series

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, for sure. I have a problem with a mother board asus maximus viii hero and can not find solution. I can't put the clocks without energy savings. I put the multi x 54 for example, but always come back to 35 (i5 6600k), ALWAYS.

I tried these bios and all the same: 0040/0014/0039 etc.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I hope you can help me.

• 2 weeks later...

this thread helped me a lot with my ocf and 6320/6700k.

Full pot benching on 6320 last night with not a single crack all night after hours of benching. My first real full pot session on skylake where I could really just fill to top and let run.

The most important things for me were the extending of the die with the thermal paste.

Also I think most important for me was not playing around at lower temperatures which I used to always do just to slowly walk up and see what cpu could do. Now straight to -160 and fine tune from there.

Thanks so much for the thread, I feel so happy. I was so frustrated, I even took a break for awhile because I wasnt having fun with all the cracks.

Edited by Strong Island

I was thinking of trying to design something. A little square that would go around the die a couple mm in each direction. The same height as die. And then we fill up the square with paste so when we put the lid back it will keep the tim in place in a nice square with nice contact.

I dont know, just thinking of different ideas, would love to try it.

I have been having great full pot sessions. I wanted to see if it was possible to not change tim everytime. I had 2 sessions without cracks at full pot with same time, but third sessions cracked right away.

So I finally have to realize the paste has to change everytime like dancop said. Been going thru so much paste.

I was thinking of trying to design something. A little square that would go around the die a couple mm in each direction. The same height as die. And then we fill up the square with paste so when we put the lid back it will keep the tim in place in a nice square with nice contact.

No need for the square, just put a really big blob of paste on the die and press down the ihs carefully. Make sure it is level while pressing down.

No need for the square, just put a really big blob of paste on the die and press down the ihs carefully. Make sure it is level while pressing down.

ya I know there is no need, I have been benching full pot without cracks every night, I just thought it would be cool because it would stop the paste at a certain point and make like a nice wall.

• 2 weeks later...

Guide is good and answers a lot of questions.

Anyway,i was benching today my last dips of Ln2 on my gem cpu ,all set and went to OS to get hwbotprime,tried 6500,6600 ,when i pushed 6650 at almost end of run i heard a crack so loud i tought someone threw a stone at my window. Quickly shut down,dropped the temps,power on everything ok,went to OS and check the temps,realtemp showed no weakness and clocks were the same,no need to heaten up or remount....

For guys that benched full pot can you please chime in what are your load temperature with full pot under hwbot prime for example together with POT model ?

I have -190 idle full pot and -185 middle of hwbot prime, grizzly everywhere,1.89 Vcore,1.72 termination....