HWBOT Community Forums

Why I'm (a little bit) excited about Bristol Ridge

• 2 weeks later...

Its not true, did you forgot at Phenoms II? The best months with LN2 ever, it destroy Lynfields etc (more than +1GHz OC fun) and Phenoms II x6 were better than lynfield in price/performance ration. The multithread was the same as 4c/8T Intels CPU, OC was similar, IMC was similar. Only in Superpi or old benchamrks at one core were Phenoms II a bit worse than Intel.

x4 965 BE performance is average as i5-750

x6 1090T BE is as i7-950 or i7-870

PS:clock to clock is something as apples and pears, because you cant compare different architectures (only if the basic is the same, example family 15h or 10h or SB vs IB generation etc)

Edited by flanker

• 3 weeks later...
Its not true, did you forgot at Phenoms II? The best months with LN2 ever, it destroy Lynfields etc (more than +1GHz OC fun) and Phenoms II x6 were better than lynfield in price/performance ration. The multithread was the same as 4c/8T Intels CPU, OC was similar, IMC was similar. Only in Superpi or old benchamrks at one core were Phenoms II a bit worse than Intel.

x4 965 BE performance is average as i5-750

x6 1090T BE is as i7-950 or i7-870

PS:clock to clock is something as apples and pears, because you cant compare different architectures (only if the basic is the same, example family 15h or 10h or SB vs IB generation etc)

Yes but AMD has never been an option for those who wanted the best and were willing to pay for it. Remember the i7 980X and 990X?

The FX-57 was over USD $1000 when it launched as fastest CPU in 2005

Seems some people have missed the glory days when AMD was undisputed performance champion :) Hopefully ZEN will bring the pricing and balance back to Earthy levels !

*poking the 6950X the Oligarch (excuse me Extreme) Edition $1723 with stick* lol