HWBOT Community Forums

CHEAPAZ CHIPS SEASON 1

newlife

What are people getting on the memory clock? I can't seem to go over 1200mhz and I can't figure out how to get memory voltage raised on the ASUS card(no datasheets :( ). I'm considering using the DRAM VRM chunk of my Sabertooth(I'm working on making it a power board) and just using that to power the VRAM.

BTW here's the ASUS card Vcore datasheet: http://www.ubiq-semi.com/en-article-upi-473-1458

The one asus card I had did 1260 at stock volts and a huge thanks for the datasheet because I looked far and wide for that but it confirmed what I thought the fb pin was

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one asus card I had did 1260 at stock volts and a huge thanks for the datasheet because I looked far and wide for that but it confirmed what I thought the fb pin was

No problem I know what a PITA all the uPi datasheets are to find. This is site is so far the most reliable for finding uPi pinouts. I also found pinouts for the 9511 and 9509 chips that Nvidia uses on the new 10xx cards on that site.

Guest Digg_de

The Mem on my Gigabyte 1GB Version is Nanya..... not the best catch i guess... 1050-1100 max with Stock Voltage. But the GPU looking good. Around 1400MHz with Stock Voltage/Cooler.

I hope the Card will scale with Voltage (and cold). :)

The Mem on my Gigabyte 1GB Version is Nanya..... not the best catch i guess... 1050-1100 max with Stock Voltage. But the GPU looking good. Around 1400MHz with Stock Voltage/Cooler.

I hope the Card will scale with Voltage (and cold). :)

My Gigabyte cards scaled pretty poorly with volts but my msi card on the other hand scaled really well

Best mems so far for me are nanya on Asus card

Just vmodded the core on mine and tested it out with GPUPI, got a pretty decent clock. :) 1575MHz @ 1.4V w/ stock air :7min 9.5sec. Mems (Samsung) on this card suck though, they only do 1100 @ stock volts - I need to vmod these next to bring up my catzilla score.

hm than i have a other problem whit my msi card.

obove 1,45v - 1,5 it happens some time thad 3dm01 freze for a sec , and remain ware it stops.but at lower fps

no driver crash , gpu-z schow the +1400mhz

stil stock cooling whit a 120mm blowing at it.

next step whil be a geto tec setup.ln2 suplaier can not deliver ( vacation next weak , work on the depo and work on the highway )

if your going above 50-60c that voltage will start to create instability. With my 780 I was doing like 1.55v on water but at around 55c it becomes really unstable with a lot of artifacts.

• Members

Planning on picking up a card this week maybe, haven't done any proper benching for quite a while and haven't touched a soldering iron to a gpu for even longer, looking forward to getting back into it all with this :D

Was probably going to get a Gigabyte and EVGA card for me and a friend, anyone had any issues with either?

Planning on picking up a card this week maybe, haven't done any proper benching for quite a while and haven't touched a soldering iron to a gpu for even longer, looking forward to getting back into it all with this :D

Was probably going to get a Gigabyte and EVGA card for me and a friend, anyone had any issues with either?

No problems with Gigabyte but the 3 cards I've got it had poor voltage scaling while asus and msi scaled very well and no Evga card so can't say about that one

Oh and best of luck

What kind of Nanya Ram is on the Asus cards? The Ram on my MSI is Nanya NT5CC128M16IP-DI and it needs 1.66 volts for only 1110Mhz. Do the Asus cars have a different chip or is it just better binning?

Actually I was wrong as my asus card is Nt5cb128m16ip-ek

Edited by newlife

I picked up the evga 1gb card. The vcore mod is same as the gigabyte card. Mine has sammy mem.

Having trouble with the mem mod though, not so easy to figure out. The choke for my memory is so small.

If I posted a pic would someone be able to help.

It looks like the same layout as the gigabyte card, I have similar ic's next to the 2r2 part but there not the uP like gigabyte.

Is there a way to figure it out with a multimeter myself?

I picked up the evga 1gb card. The vcore mod is same as the gigabyte card. Mine has sammy mem.

Having trouble with the mem mod though, not so easy to figure out. The choke for my memory is so small.

If I posted a pic would someone be able to help.

It looks like the same layout as the gigabyte card, I have similar ic's next to the 2r2 part but there not the uP like gigabyte.

Is there a way to figure it out with a multimeter myself?

Test around the ic for resistors connected to ground and when you've done that test the resistance which should be something like 500ohm-5k (could be higher or lower)

Post a picture as well as that will help

Actually I was wrong as my asus card is Nt5cb128m16ip-ek

This explains why the Ram on Asus cards is a bit better. The -ek means it is rated for 933 Mhz, while mine is only rated for 800Mhz. Also the memory on my MSI was designed for 1.35V, but MSI decided to run it at 1.5V

The ram on my msi 2gb sucks. I tried a msi 1gb but it was a low noise version and the vmods weren't the same so I return it. The thing is that low noise 1gb msi card did 1210mhz ram clock with stock volts. The stock mem clock for that card was 900mhz where my current one is 800mhz and struggles to hit 1100mhz with added votls

The ram on my msi 2gb sucks. I tried a msi 1gb but it was a low noise version and the vmods weren't the same so I return it. The thing is that low noise 1gb msi card did 1210mhz ram clock with stock volts. The stock mem clock for that card was 900mhz where my current one is 800mhz and struggles to hit 1100mhz with added votls

I have a Gigabyte one that the memory stocks to 800mhz but that one can still do 1180mhz although it identifies as a gt 730 in gpu z

Today I tried dry ice cooling for the first time, but I had a couple weird issues. It worked great for GPUPI, but as soon as I tried a 3D application with OC, the screen started flashing black a couple times for a second or so before it then crashed. And whenever the GPU was still cold, it would boot, but the driver wasn't able to recognize the GPU and there were some red artifacts. When booting in safe mode, the artifacfts were gone. Also the temp readout was complete garbage, as it would show temperatures as low as -240°C in idle and under load about -140°C.

Has anyone experienced similar issues or knows a fix for the boot problem?

Edit: The PC is not crashing, the display is just loosing connection. The CPU temp on the post code display indicates that the benchmarks are finishing just fine.

Edited by htpzt

• 3 weeks later...