HWBOT Community Forums

The official Game Benchmark Try-out Discussion

Massman

Since I dont game, what are the more popular games with benchmarks built in these days?

This could be really cool, I remember rbuass talking about it a lot. Last game I played was Batman Arkham Knight, I think it had a pretty good one.

If you already game that's cool but it will be hard to convince people to pay $60 for a benchmark.

But steam sale bring games down to $5 or less sometimes so we could look for some of those.

We can also keep an eye out for games that are free for the weekend on steam, that have benchmarks.

Edited by Strong Island

Nice new Idea, gaming benchmark if done properly can attract more newcomers instead of standard synthetic bench. Now what's left is finding a cheap game with integrated benchmark, and maybe DRM-free to make installation a bit easier (I will probably try Ashes of The Singularity from GOG here, they say it's DRM Free for the single player and benchmark)

What you need is getting in touch with Steam, and work together (with Futuremark expertise) to provide an benchmarking API.

Get a huge wave of newcomers, and a crazy cash income.

... Well, sounds like a bad idea after writing it, pls don't do that.

Seriously, it's a good idea to add games. But screencap verification might add a lot of work for moderation on larger rankings.

Looks like resident evil 6 has a free standalone benchmark which is cool, but all the other games cost £20-40 each! Can definitely count me out...

I'd be interested if it didn't cost nearly £140 to compete in all stages - for example, if the selection was other games with a free standalone benchmark.

What you need is getting in touch with Steam, and work together (with Futuremark expertise) to provide an benchmarking API.

Get a huge wave of newcomers, and a crazy cash income.

... Well, sounds like a bad idea after writing it, pls don't do that.

Seriously, it's a good idea to add games. But screencap verification might add a lot of work for moderation on larger rankings.

We tried reaching out to game devs in the past, but no luck. The documentation for communication with the HWBOT engine is available in public. It's very easy to add a 'submit and compare' function for any developer.

• 3 weeks later...