HWBOT Community Forums

G.SKILL OC World Cup 2017 Qualifier Discussion

rtsurfer

Guest Bullant
thats why we ask clear pic of IC and PCB, we know which one is ES

All submissions must include a picture of G.SKILL memory with heatsink and serial number; If the heatsink is removed, the picture must clearly show the PCB and IC

Correct me if I'm wrong,your quote "if heatsinks are removed" so your saying heatsink don't have to be removed and a pic of memory with heatsinks on showing serial number.So if this is correct can't someone just remove the heatsinks and place them on there ES memory and take pic showing the retail heatsinks on ES memory, that we can't see the PCB,ics ?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
This X BIOS thing raises questions for the Gigabyte competition too.

Hopefully the BIOS is banned in that comp or made public, although too late to make it public, IMO.

Coz if there an X-Bios floating around, then that board is not equal to the Wifi board.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

It is Gigabyte´s competition, and this is wrong thread to discuss this.

They see main advantage of the gaming that it might reach higher clocks on LN2 against the wifi, at a 5ghz low clock competition this is not relevant. The board is also not an unreleased board of which lots of samples were sent out or an engineering sample, it is available on amazon in usa for example and also at other shops, the comparable wifi is listed in europe and usa.

On the BIOS, no one knows if it gives an advantage at 5ghz, but I am quite sure Gigabyte did not give it to beta testers to spread it or use it at their own retail competition.

P.S. On the mems, I think this is hard to judge anyway for obvious reasons, but G.Skill will know most likely who has es and who has not. High risk to try to cheat, if you get caught you not only lose qualifier but also every kind of support I think

Edited by websmile

Correct me if I'm wrong,your quote "if heatsinks are removed" so your saying heatsink don't have to be removed and a pic of memory with heatsinks on showing serial number.So if this is correct can't someone just remove the heatsinks and place them on there ES memory and take pic showing the retail heatsinks on ES memory, that we can't see the PCB,ics ?

No they cant, even with hs i know if its es or not.

Last year ES memory are not good anymore anyway no one will use them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P.S. On the mems, I think this is hard to judge anyway for obvious reasons, but G.Skill will know most likely who has es and who has not. High risk to try to cheat, if you get caught you not only lose qualifier but also every kind of support I think

only 6 guys got ES PCB, now all those are retail with retail PCB, and all of ES PCB has something the retail doesn't even with HS mounted.

by the way those 6 kits are very bad comparing to new B-Die batch and had different SPD

to much work to cheat :D

i try to be as clear as possible

you got a sample from G.SKILL 2 months ago? it wasn't in the market ? now you can find it in retail market? PCB is ES ? (you know if its ES if you look at it)

ITS NOT ALLOWED

you can't use a special bin gskill made for some event for you because you are hard bencher. its not fair.

use your retail sample or the one you bought we DON'T ask for invoice but need to be 100% RETAIL.

this is same as using a 7350K ES no difference.

please if you have any question use this forum so everyone can see, we can't ship any extra samples till end of live

we can't give you tips how to bench 32m, we can't tell you where to buy cpu or memory

thanks

Hiwa

Edited by Hiwa

Need to report this, igp stage:

with latest beta driver+sys info 4.48 there's an error when upload the score in futurmark due to non-supported driver. Also the igp freq is not read from futurmark sys info 4.48

All fine in the screenshot.

Official replay, pretty please :)

Inviato dal mio SM-A300FU utilizzando Tapatalk

only 6 guys got ES PCB, now all those are retail with retail PCB, and all of ES PCB has something the retail doesn't even with HS mounted.

by the way those 6 kits are very bad comparing to new B-Die batch and had different SPD

to much work to cheat :D

Need to see rated speed on the side of the PCB, 3600 4133 printed on side. ES will just say G.skill or 8GB or nothing

Lol.

I've seen some "good" (to put it lightly) 3600C17 kits that I'd call ES because they didn't come from a retailer (not bought in a Shop, were "given" from somewhere) & neither did they come with a heatsink.

Edited by rtsurfer

the good ES says World Cup in the SPD Idk of other good ES sticks other than that maybe I am just naive :D

Not only ... I just wait es guys post and block them haha they are few things to see maybe smd....

I really hope guys play fair .... if bench es then show retail pcb we cant do anything

Edited by Hiwa

Lol.

I've seen some "good" (to put it lightly) 3600C17 kits that I'd call ES because they didn't come from a retailer (not bought in a Shop, were "given" from somewhere) & neither did they come with a heatsink.

Cool I didnt know about those.

Cool I didnt know about those.

I think this might help refresh your memory, since its something similar to what I'm saying

http://forum.hwbot.org/showpost.php?p=423387&postcount=399

Props to you for telling the truth atleast back then. That's more than what others have done.

I really hope guys play fair .... if bench es then show retail pcb we cant do anything

Expecting people to be honest when there's this much money involved. Even though, we've all seen a lot of worse things done for much less.

Gskill could've also done something by not sending stuff with retail SPD. Apparently DDR4 SPD can be flashed but Gskill could've atleast tried to be deter people a little bit. But they didn't.

Edited by rtsurfer

Expecting people to be honest when there's this much money involved. Even though, we've all seen a lot of worse things done for much less.

Gskill could've also done something by not sending stuff with retail SPD. Apparently DDR4 SPD can be flashed but Gskill could've atleast tried to be deter people a little bit. But they didn't.

thats not easy because a sample can be also a sample for review then can be used for OC and conpetitions etc. and as you said is possible to flash SPD easily.

we tried to avoid a lot of problems, we start planning from January and choose best possible combination. we always hope and ask to play fair.

Hiwa

I think this might help refresh your memory, since its something similar to what I'm saying

http://forum.hwbot.org/showpost.php?p=423387&postcount=399

Props to you for telling the truth atleast back then. That's more than what others have done.

If you call barely over 4000 12-12 good lol then yeah they are good xD

But guess what just as I said earlier they dont have 3600 on the side.

Why do you whine so much man? would you prefer they didnt do the contest at all?

I dont understand how you live you life so negatively. Must be awful.

Keep reading my posts from two years ago, you might find some nice tips to improve yourself with and share with your team.

If you call barely over 4000 12-12 good lol then yeah they are good xD

But guess what just as I said earlier they dont have 3600 on the side.

Why do you whine so much man? would you prefer they didnt do the contest at all?

I dont understand how you live you life so negatively. Must be awful.

Keep reading my posts from two years ago, you might find some nice tips to improve yourself with and share with your team.

You misunderstand me. I didn't say or imply that you should/would use that kit. You implied that you didn't know that kits with retail SPD, no spreaders & not bought in retail, existed. But I remembered that you got such a kit a while back, so I found that post to remind you that you yourself received such a kit. And like how at that time, that kit was much better than retail (1 out of 20 of your retails did 4K 12-12-12). Just like that, a similar sample kit sent out today, to you or anyone else,can much better than what retail people have binned.

As for "whining", I'm trying to cut down on that. I don't want to get into arguments anymore, that's why I have stopped attacking/naming people in the past few months. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't personally attacked you or anyone else in this thread.

But if you see me trying to make competitions fair, as whining, then that's fine by me. I'm not dying for your approval. Making things fair doesn't mean that I'm gonna win or benefit by default. But a lot of people (including my teammates) are discouraged from competitions & Hwbot in general, when they see unfair stuff. Just trying to change that.

Have a nice day. Bye.

Edited by rtsurfer

Maybe you and the think tank at ocn can come up with some possible solutions. But to me it seems that using a kit that is es won't get you anywhere in this contest. 7350k at 6.8 4000 12-12 will beat a 6.77 chip at 4200 12-12. But that's just my opinion. Also by forcing no es or no this or that your only hurting the honest benchers that will abide by the rules. If people want to sell their soul and cheat for 10k, they will look like a fool in the final where they can't cheat anyways.

But to me it seems that using a kit that is es won't get you anywhere in this contest. 7350k at 6.8 4000 12-12 will beat a 6.77 chip at 4200 12-12. But that's just my opinion.

Yeah, this is mostly correct.

Also by forcing no es or no this or that your only hurting the honest benchers that will abide by the rules.

How? Sorry I don't follow.

If people want to sell their soul and cheat for 10k, they will look like a fool in the final where they can't cheat anyways.

There has atleast been 1 example of this already that I've seen. But in letting cheaters making fool of themselves, honest people will loose their opportunity to get in the final. Seats are limited. That's okay??

What are we even arguing here. If you think something is amiss, use that report button. Thats what its for. Don't whine about the competition being unfair, its been decided how Gskill wants to run it, and be happy they still want to support oc, instead of giving them or any other company reasons to stop.

Bench the benchmarks, stay in the rules, give it all and hope you win.

Too much complaining, not enough benching