HWBOT Community Forums

G.SKILL OC World Cup 2017 Qualifier Discussion

rtsurfer

Haha worst forum by far.

frankly you can kiss my ass on that comment. I came from there .. and before a place much worse. Im on a ocn skype chan with about 30 very friendly hard working members enjoy being team OCN. So if you want to trash something remember the audience.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha worst forum by far.

That hurts man :( everybody got their opinions ready to go ham. There's so much hate and envy in between benchers it seems. I'm pretty new around here on hwbot. But the amount of times people throw whatnot at each other is really astounding. Pretty discouraging too. Honestly I think with behavior like this the OC scene will shoo away new contenders quite furiously.

I do however agree with your statement about that the community should be happy about G.Skill supporting the OC scene.

Expecting people to be honest when there's this much money involved. Even though, we've all seen a lot of worse things done for much less.

This is a seriously sad situation where does the enjoyment come from doing this?

I get people do dishonest things for money but what when you get caught? The shame would be unbearable. It was not many years ago when people had more dignity.

Unless I had a medical emergency and was dying nothing could bring me to cheat, you don't actually win if you cheat so why bother.

Edited by websmile

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

You don´t like the background?^^

I checked a couple of results

1. We want the memory sticks to be shown in a way regognizable - if you do not do this I will remove results in the end.

2. I will not remove scores because of mainboard tab missing, but would be nice to have

3. Geekbench needs a validation link for the competition.

4. graphcs driver not recognized at fm link will be accepted as stated by benchmark rules, I only state this for peoples safety once again.

5. No gpuz sensor tab at 11 - no fun, I will remove these scores because this tab is needed to check plausibility of the score

6. Nickname at validation has be to shown, and it has to match hwbot nick. I am not going to remove stuff like "labla2" instead of "blabla" but the stuff has to be recoginzable clearly, I am aware of accounts taken etc problem at cpuz but don´t tempt me^^

Edited by websmile

• Administrators

If you have a picture of the rig which shows serialnumber sticker I can accept when I can read it - my best advice is make seperate picture of the memory and add it to make this clearly visible, i know how hard it is at rig picture and most guys bench with hs removed

• Administrators

I tend to accept this because it hits several people and screenshot is there to back it up anyway, will let you know.

OK, rules are clear, no nickname not valid, hwbot rules state this after check. I thought it might be advice, it is mandatory though no nick or bad nick, no result

Edited by websmile

• Administrators

1. We want the memory sticks to be shown in a way regognizable - if you do not do this I will remove results in the end.

2. I will not remove scores because of mainboard tab missing, but would be nice to have

3. Geekbench needs a validation link for the competition.

4. graphcs driver not recognized at fm link will be accepted as stated by benchmark rules, I only state this for peoples safety once again.

5. No gpuz sensor tab at 11 - no fun, I will remove these scores because this tab is needed to check plausibility of the score

6. Nickname at validation has be to shown, and it has to match hwbot nick. I am not going to remove stuff like "labla2" instead of "blabla" but the stuff has to be recoginzable clearly, I am aware of accounts taken etc problem at cpuz but don´t tempt me^^

Once again to push this, I actually blocked and removed reults already and notified users. Double check rules at competition, double check hwbot rules and please double check your submissions twice at least. This is a qualifier for one of the most prestigeous competitions world wide, playing by the rules and investing time is worthwhile doing :)

For the geekbench stage, many of us have used a geekbench validation link. Is this correct, or do we need a CPU-Z validation link?

The geekbench validation shows no nickname anywhere.

Thanks for blocking my oops early enough to get it corrected.

• Administrators

For geekbench a geekbench link is needed and nothing at rules says it has to have a tag or Nick.

The "nick has to match hwbot-name" is part of hwbot validation rules for cpuz.

To make it clear again after I just got an insulting email, we need two times gpuz like explicitly stated at the rules, one main tab and one IGP frequency tab, I really thought everyone who participates in a highend competition knows that the real frequencies are shown at sensor tab which is why gskill wants this. This was also discussed here iirc, there will be no exception from this rule

• Administrators

I really recommend for everyone to add a picture which shows heatsink with sn and pcb or pcb with ics clearly to all submissions. No one wants to have drama because of reports or me having to make decisions we all do not like. The picture of a box is not good, the picture of ram I cannot see sn and pcb is no good, and a picture I can only guess what is used (bc of quality) will not help as well. Thanks

All submissions must include a picture of G.SKILL memory with heatsink and serial number; If the heatsink is removed, the picture must clearly show the PCB and IC

Edited by websmile

• Administrators

I checked results last time before the final check, very good ratio at valid subs.

Please add pictures of mem kits used for own safety , and do not forget links for geekbench and 11. Please also use sys info 4,48 or later. Good luck :)